New DJI Pocket 2 Firmware Released (01/05/2021)
50844 143 2021-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0b60c1e0
New
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Finland

Can't use pocket 2 with joystick after update. Followed tutorials to install new update, pocket installs it and says update succesfull. When pressing ok it starts from the beginning: updating control stick...
Reseted pocket, dji mimo app and formated sd card and still not working. Really waiting a new update
2021-1-20
Use props
AHB_Pck
lvl.3
Turkey

fans0b60c1e0 Posted at 1-20 02:29
Can't use pocket 2 with joystick after update. Followed tutorials to install new update, pocket installs it and says update succesfull. When pressing ok it starts from the beginning: updating control stick...
Reseted pocket, dji mimo app and formated sd card and still not working. Really waiting a new update

DJI is very insensitive to this issue. I have updated too. But HDR mode and STORY mode are not visible on my device. I am waiting for a new update, too. I hope there will be a new update as soon as possible :-(
2021-1-20
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Austria

In my humble opinion, Active Track still needs a proper fix.
regarding colors, I still find them a way too saturated and with too low contrast.
2021-1-21
Use props
AHB_Pck
lvl.3
Turkey

fans44ce158f Posted at 1-13 12:25
Hello DJI POCKET 2 I have installed FIRMWARE UPDATE V01.02.00.50 but HDR video and Story Mode does not appear on my device. Please help me. I did a reset. I formatted the card, it didn't work again

My problem is resolved. Thank you to DJI officials.
2021-1-23
Use props
AHB_Pck
lvl.3
Turkey

AHB_Pck Posted at 1-19 11:20
video image.      https://drive.google.com/file/d/13aA0mMsvm2ZptmLT_LO6iKA7j_kyTBV1/view?usp=sharing

2021-1-23
Use props
AHB_Pck
lvl.3
Turkey

fans44ce158f Posted at 1-13 13:10
Hello DJI POCKET 2 I have installed FIRMWARE UPDATE V01.02.00.50 but HDR video and Story Mode does not appear on my device. Please help me. I did a reset. I formatted the card, it didn't work again
[view_image]
[view_image]

2021-1-23
Use props
Jinkser
lvl.1

Spain

Dualped Posted at 1-15 10:06
The power button will start in selfie mode but instead of the power button when it's off just press and hold the function button & it starts in normal mode, they did that on purpose.

And that was completely stupid.

They should have kept the power button the same and use the front button for the new vlogging mode.

Result: A whole load of Pocket 2 owners who no longer know how to power on their cameras (the most basic of functions).
2021-2-4
Use props
mehmet can
lvl.1

Turkey

can we download the firmware on a sd card? any possible download for it. a externally installation for dji operating system i mean
2021-2-13
Use props
djiuser_YCYwyjRhzGuL
lvl.1
Italy

honestly, tracking objects worked better with the previous firmware for me, now it just loses track of objects that were easy to track before I updated the cam... really disappointed, I'm tempted to ask for a refund... also the cam randomly stops recording after some time (overheats maybe?).
Is there a way to go back to the original firmware? I'd do it immediately.
2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_jATvCVNw2MQJ
New
Philippines

I need an option to turn off / disable .lrf file.. I don't need those files... thanks...
2021-2-17
Use props
StoykoLY
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Hello. I have only one question: Ok HDR is crop this can fix with wild lens adapter! But why HDR video is not 4K !?!?
2021-3-25
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

StoykoLY Posted at 3-25 02:04
Hello. I have only one question: Ok HDR is crop this can fix with wild lens adapter! But why HDR video is not 4K !?!?

Bcoz while doing HDR the camera has to shoot 2 separate videos one darker & one lighter & combine them on fly this overloads & heats up the pocket 2 thus its limited to crop & 2.7K to protect the camera from shutting down.
2021-3-25
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

Ranjan Posted at 3-25 02:32
Bcoz while doing HDR the camera has to shoot 2 separate videos one darker & one lighter & combine them on fly this overloads & heats up the pocket 2 thus its limited to crop & 2.7K to protect the camera from shutting down.

Heating and overloads could be predicted in designing part. That is not a valid reason to get the feature implemented like this. I belive is just marketing choice.

Anyway, if you consider it's 2021, this camera has a lack of features. Heating problems? bah......
2021-3-25
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

chririva Posted at 3-25 08:12
Heating and overloads could be predicted in designing part. That is not a valid reason to get the feature implemented like this. I belive is just marketing choice.

Anyway, if you consider it's 2021, this camera has a lack of features. Heating problems? bah......

Sure I agree with you on this it has lack of features & the heating problem is real serious. In fact I am planning to start a thread of the features limited on pocket 2.
2021-3-25
Use props
StoykoLY
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Ranjan Posted at 3-25 02:32
Bcoz while doing HDR the camera has to shoot 2 separate videos one darker & one lighter & combine them on fly this overloads & heats up the pocket 2 thus its limited to crop & 2.7K to protect the camera from shutting down.

OK Heats! But who will shoot video max then minute in HDR to shutdown?! I personally will do short clips in HDR if be added 4K HDR video option. On moment HDR is not work for me! The other options I like but HDR in this version NO!
2021-3-28
Use props
FunTomX
lvl.1
Germany

Hello DJI,
I bought the DJI Pocket 2 White. I'm very happy with it, but there is one thing that bothers me very much about the camera. I do very long videos, but over and over again
Does the camera split the videos, which is not really bad, but you can always hear this split in the audio, so you can hear the transition to the next video file.
What can you do there ? can you please improve that?
I am looking forward to your reply.
2021-8-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

FunTomX Posted at 8-16 09:48
Hello DJI,
I bought the DJI Pocket 2 White. I'm very happy with it, but there is one thing that bothers me very much about the camera. I do very long videos, but over and over again
Does the camera split the videos, which is not really bad, but you can always hear this split in the audio, so you can hear the transition to the next video file.

Hello there, I am not an official DJI employee, but I do have a suggestion that I got from them and helped me when I had a similar issue but with the video.

The camera splitting the videos into multiple parts is intentional, I think it is mandated by the file system and technical limitations. It at least has the advantage that if one of those smaller sections gets corrupted, you won't lose all of the footage (vs. shooting one long video).

My problem was that when I combined the shorter sections into longer one, there was a notable hitch in the video where the frame would "freeze" for a while at the seam of the videos. When I asked for advice from DJI to fix this, they suggested me to go to https://www.mp4joiner.org/en/ , download the software and use the MP4Joiner application to combine the shorter videos. For me, that did the trick. Not sure if that helps with audio too, but it is free to download the software, so you won't lose anything if you try that.

Good luck with the troubleshooting, hopefully you manage to solve your issue!
2021-8-16
Use props
FunTomX
lvl.1
Germany

Hello,

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately it didn't help

I still know a few people who use a DJI Pocket 2 and they all say DJI needs to fix this.

It's really not fun.

Many greetings
Thomas

2021-8-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

FunTomX Posted at 8-17 01:38
Hello,

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately it didn't help

I'm sorry to hear that didn't help :-(

Has anybody else some ideas about this? Or could some of the DJI representatives have any tips to help it?

I could yet ask if this occurrs on all shooting resolution and fps settings, and if it makes any difference what microphone setup you are using. If it occurs on the higher-end settings (4K) but not on the lower-end (FHD), then it could be that the video and audio processing could be too much for the Pocket 2. Not sure, but testing different settings and seeing if that has some effect on it could help troubleshooting.
2021-8-17
Use props
FunTomX
lvl.1
Germany

Hello,
I've tried everything, every setting and different SD cards. If I make a video that lasts 1 hour and that in 1080P, then the video will be
Split file in 15 minutes. I also tried different microphones but the problem persists.

DJI has to take action because the fault is not with us, but with the camera. There must be a new firmware that fixes this problem.

Dear HGDC84, thank you very much for your help!

Many greetings
Thomas

PS: I'm sorry for my bad english
2021-8-17
Use props
djiuser_GOv5HujnPUpX
New

Malaysia

How do I insert timestamp on videos or photos?
2021-9-6
Use props
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

Can't update over Android, DJI Mimo shows no firmware update whatsoever, I've restarted Mimo and the Pocket 2.
2022-3-31
Use props
djiuser_NtehCobtEfum
lvl.2
United States

FunTomX Posted at 2021-8-17 12:13
Hello,
I've tried everything, every setting and different SD cards. If I make a video that lasts 1 hour and that in 1080P, then the video will be
Split file in 15 minutes. I also tried different microphones but the problem persists.

Agreed, this is really stupid.

Alternatively, you can join the separate files with Avidemux.
2022-3-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

FunTomX Posted at 2021-8-17 12:13
Hello,

No problem, I hope your problem gets solved. I understand these hitches can be super frustrating.
2022-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules