Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI Pocket 2 Firmware Released (01/05/2021)
1234Next >
50741 143 2021-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some great features added.   However, the HDR video mode cropping is very disappointing.
2021-1-6
Use props
djiuser_6GQqRTuewKS9
New
United States

Here's a tiny feature update that I didn't see mentioned....

Powering off now turns the camera head 180 degrees in the other direction.  This lets you easily put the Pocket 2 into it's case with the power button INSIDE the case (without needing to manually turn the head around).

Future Firmware Request
One big feature improvement I would like to see in the future, is getting rid of the precise sequence of steps one has to do to connect the Pocket 2 to a phone via USB-C cable.  Right now, connecting the Pocket 2 via the USB-C plug on the bottom of the pocket is very... messy and specific.

You need to:
1. Plug USB-C cable into Pocket 2 and turn it on.
2. Turn on Phone and start App
3. Plug USB-C cable into Phone

You MUST have the USB-C cable plugged into the Pocket 2, have the Pocket 2 turned on, and the Mimo app running BEOFRE plugging it into the phone.

If you plug the USB-C cable into the phone first, and then the Pocket 2, you get a message asking if you want to  "Connect to Computer" along with two options on the Pocket 2 screen - ACCEPT and REJECT.

If you select ACCEPT, then you can view and transfer files, but you can NOT see live video on the phone.
If you select REJECT, then the Pocket 2 doesn't do anything.

THIS IS VERY MESSY.

The order of connecting should not matter!  And instead of giving an ACCEPT or REJECT options, the screen should give 3 clear choices....

Live View
Transfer Files
Charge

Hopefully a future firmware update can resolve this issue/confusion!

2021-1-6
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please, fix the no 4k in Timelaspe mode.  It is there for Hyperlaspe mode, so why not 4k in Timelapse mode.

I repeat:

Please, fix the no 4k in Timelaspe mode.  It is there for Hyperlaspe mode, so why not 4k in Timelapse mode.
2021-1-6
Use props
DadOf6
lvl.2
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-5 13:04
"Added ability to lock the gimbal when using with the Mini Control Stick. Press and hold the right button of the Mini Control Stick to lock the gimbal and press again to unlock."

Thanks DJI - a last a full implementation of full lock mode.   I see this as being very useful in a situation where you want the camera to point in a fixed direction for an extended period, without having to worry about moving your hand a bit.  Kind of like having the camera on a tripod, but no tripod required,  Such a situation might well be when making a video of a live performance on a stage.

I found that holding the button on the control stick would turn on lock, but would not unlock.  I had to hold the button on the P2 in order to get it to unlock.  Also - you can temporarily turn on lock by holding the button on the P2, and when you let go, it unlocks.  I have been waiting for this.
2021-1-6
Use props
Th3UmBrA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38031 ft
United States

Blellow Posted at 1-6 08:39

I repeat:

I concur with this...timelapse mode is the main reason I bought the Pocket 2.
2021-1-6
Use props
SparkMiniAirPocket1-2Fan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61421 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Sorry - wrong!
2021-1-6
Use props
djiuser_3mzRaK35HJlM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52904 ft
Germany

Since the update, my pocket starts in selfie mode. Can you change that?
2021-1-6
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

use the other power button.  the one on the front
2021-1-6
Use props
Bowifly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52904 ft
Germany

@Blellow. Thanks.
2021-1-6
Use props
djiuser_6GQqRTuewKS9
New
United States

DadOf6 Posted at 1-6 08:40
I found that holding the button on the control stick would turn on lock, but would not unlock.  I had to hold the button on the P2 in order to get it to unlock.  Also - you can temporarily turn on lock by holding the button on the P2, and when you let go, it unlocks.  I have been waiting for this.

You can unlock it by tapping once on the same button you used to lock it.  Normally that changes modes, but when it's locked, one tap just unlocks without changing modes.
2021-1-6
Use props
Aiolos Vega
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7680 ft
  • >>>
Greece

The new revision is unacceptable.  There is a lot of frustration from many buyers.  It is a shame for a company like DJI that HDR has such an effect.  This is a mockery of your customers.
2021-1-6
Use props
N8vNewYawker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33 ft
United States

After upgrading firmware, there is an additional file with suffix .LRF  
Any clue what the LRF files are for?
2021-1-6
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Did we assume 4k HDR?  I can't remember.  Anyway it's LHD, so they may have gotten us on a technicality.
2021-1-6
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

N8vNewYawker Posted at 1-6 11:47
After upgrading firmware, there is an additional file with suffix .LRF  
Any clue what the LRF files are for?

It is just a low res video file.  If you open it in a video player, it should play.  When I recorded a 4K30 video, the LRF file was 720p.  
2021-1-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DadOf6 Posted at 1-6 08:40
I found that holding the button on the control stick would turn on lock, but would not unlock.  I had to hold the button on the P2 in order to get it to unlock.  Also - you can temporarily turn on lock by holding the button on the P2, and when you let go, it unlocks.  I have been waiting for this.

Works as it should here.

Long press and let go the button to the right of the joystick to turn on continuously lock.

Short press that same button, or the function button to the right of the red button, to unlock.

Long press and hold the function button to temporarily lock, let go to unlock.  That's been there from the outset.  It's the permanent lock which is new.
2021-1-6
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Can we disable .LRF files?
2021-1-6
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Not all our wishes are met, but, thank you DJI for the continued effort to improve. I especially, love the ability to monitor my audio via the Do-It-All handle's audio jack. I'm sure the backroom engineers are still working on more improvements and suggestions from users here in the forum, but you guys deserve a break for the New Year of the Ox.
2021-1-6
Use props
GCustom
lvl.1
United States

fans6d977f25 Posted at 1-6 00:47
I've been using DJI products for a long time.

And I wanna ask developers team to bring one feature (awaited by thousands of consumers) to life. Since DJI Osmo Pocket (1st gen) has been released.

This plus allow it over USB, wifi would be okay but USB requires less dev time one would think since you don't need to make a new app for hardwired
2021-1-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Psoon Posted at 1-6 18:41
Not all our wishes are met, but, thank you DJI for the continued effort to improve. I especially, love the ability to monitor my audio via the Do-It-All handle's audio jack. I'm sure the backroom engineers are still working on more improvements and suggestions from users here in the forum, but you guys deserve a break for the New Year of the Ox.

Have you found a way to make the monitoring louder?  Too quiet to be useful here.
2021-1-6
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-6 04:01
The firmware for the controller wheel and the stick might not be upgradable without consequences for the users of the Pocket 1, for whom those accessories were designed originally.  But I agree, it would be good to have that option.  I've suggested in another thread that perhaps they could put a lock button on the Mimo app at least - I don't use the extension rod without the phone, personally.

After Pocket 2 firmware update Controller Wheel got firmware update also. So this is not the case. Pocket 2 pushed new firmware to the Controller Wheel. It is one way to operate, not just "old thing". DJI even suggests Extension Rod for Pocket 2 in their own Store.

They need more people to their Osmo team to develop. It feels a lot that they have other things to do rather than this.
2021-1-6
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blellow Posted at 1-6 15:32
Can we disable .LRF files?

ahh... do you happen to know what these .LRF files are and why they show up?
Before this latest update I have never noticed .LRF files when recording video

Thanks!

Take care,

Max
(just found the answer a few messages up... I was reading this from the last messages up )
2021-1-7
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

KlooGee Posted at 1-6 14:15
It is just a low res video file.  If you open it in a video player, it should play.  When I recorded a 4K30 video, the LRF file was 720p.

ops... I was reading from the bottom up, as I already read the first messages...
I will check these .LRF files... thank you!

Take care,

Max
2021-1-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Aavalaakso Posted at 1-6 23:43
After Pocket 2 firmware update Controller Wheel got firmware update also. So this is not the case. Pocket 2 pushed new firmware to the Controller Wheel. It is one way to operate, not just "old thing". DJI even suggests Extension Rod for Pocket 2 in their own Store.

They need more people to their Osmo team to develop. It feels a lot that they have other things to do rather than this.

What I mean is, it may not be possible to change the functions of those buttons without causing some loss of function for Pocket 1 users.  Sure they can change the firmware, but perhaps not without downsides.  Let's see.  It may be on the roadmap.
2021-1-7
Use props
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Using the power button on the side now makes the P2 start in 'selfie' mode.  I can use the button on the front to start up in forward mode but I can't see the point of this when there is a dedicated power button on the side.  What is the use of the power button on the side now?
2021-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

John Walker Posted at 1-7 03:43
Using the power button on the side now makes the P2 start in 'selfie' mode.  I can use the button on the front to start up in forward mode but I can't see the point of this when there is a dedicated power button on the side.  What is the use of the power button on the side now?

It’s mainly a new faster set up for vloggers.
2021-1-7
Use props
Dalby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Denmark

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-5 20:03
Hello there hallmark007. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy filming always.

I'm sorry but it feels very annoying to only have a DJI representative reply to a general "thank you, good work" message and not a single one of the many other well written, polite and sober posts in this thread.

Why at all bother being present in these forums if you only reply to only to the posts that are only 100% positive?!
2021-1-7
Use props
Santicyan
lvl.1
Spain

I have a problem connecting to iPhone ... I can't see it with an iPhone directly connected ... do you have the same problem?
2021-1-7
Use props
djiuser_iQCPZ4MmXS28
lvl.2
Germany

+1 for the disappointing cropped HDR. Even if it’s not 10bit, it should at least be uncropped or DJI is misselling this device.
2021-1-7
Use props
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-7 11:16
It’s mainly a new faster set up for vloggers.

Thank you.  It makes sense now.  I don't 'vlog' so I didn't see it from that angle.
2021-1-7
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Austria

Can anyone compare the old vs the new firmware regarding picture quality?
I mean, colors, bitrate, frames clarity and so on.
Thanks
2021-1-8
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Is it just me or before the update did the P2 power up in front view? Since updating mine it now powers up in selfie mode? Be nice if it just remembered what mode was selected.... ???
Edit: Ok so use the power button and you power up in selfie mode, use the mode button to power up and you get front facing...

Out of interest I dont get why the joystick does noting in playback mode?

Also I read here on this thread the shut down direction of the gymbol, mine seems to shut down with the head in a position that leaves the power button exposed, not that it matters when in the case as it seems you can put it in the case any way round... anyways... tiz what it is....
2021-1-8
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

Mgozer Posted at 1-8 00:22
Can anyone compare the old vs the new firmware regarding picture quality?
I mean, colors, bitrate, frames clarity and so on.
Thanks

I just tested the new firmware and, regarding colours, I see the very same tint as the old firmware.

Too bad, I wish they tuned-up the colors to match the other DJI products.
Mavic Mini, Osmo Pocket and Osmo action (with last the firmware) match very well, but DJI Pocket 2 don't at all.

By the way, the gimbal lock function is a very nice feature.
2021-1-8
Use props
djiuser_iQCPZ4MmXS28
lvl.2
Germany

I’m also getting a whirring sound when using the wireless microphone - I don’t remember that being there before. I think you can adjust the monitoring level by adjusting the volume for playback of the clips, which is a bit of a workaround.
2021-1-8
Use props
Yayoastur
lvl.4
Spain

Other new feature is  we can use 3200 and 6400 iso in D-clike, isn´t it?

i miss the manual controls in hdr. To control the flashing of the led lights it is essential.  Hopefully an update of extension rod  to use the buttons correctly as the new control stick( lock gimbal function, zoom, etc).
2021-1-9
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

dji is overrated. this camera with its firmware confirms the truth.
2021-1-9
Use props
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

arthurbikemad Posted at 1-8 09:55
Is it just me or before the update did the P2 power up in front view? Since updating mine it now powers up in selfie mode? Be nice if it just remembered what mode was selected.... ???
Edit: Ok so use the power button and you power up in selfie mode, use the mode button to power up and you get front facing...

"Also I read here on this thread the shut down direction of the gymbol, mine seems to shut down with the head in a position that leaves the power button exposed, not that it matters when in the case as it seems you can put it in the case any way round... anyways... tiz what it is...."

Sounds like you are putting yours in the case upside down.    The 'ridged' side of the gimbal should face out.  The flat side of the gimbal head should be at the bottom and fit snug on the round yellow foam protector (Unless you took that out thinking it was only packing perhaps.
2021-1-9
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

DJI improved the tracking feature, but it is still not at the same level as Pocket 1. I was testing today with a fixed object with good light and contrast from background, and for several times, when I moved the Pocket 2, it did lost the object.Pocket 1 worked great tracking the same object.
2021-1-9
Use props
Yayoastur
lvl.4
Spain

alexmbraMav Posted at 1-9 18:02
DJI improved the tracking feature, but it is still not at the same level as Pocket 1. I was testing today with a fixed object with good light and contrast from background, and for several times, when I moved the Pocket 2, it did lost the object.Pocket 1 worked great tracking the same object.

Yeah, it's true! I noticed when  OP2 is tracking without recording, the tracker works very good, but when op2 is recording, the tracker is laggy
2021-1-10
Use props
OSR67
lvl.1

France

It would be nice to be able to set the Gimbal to Lock Mode also in the Mimo app.
When using the DJI to GoPro mount accessory, you cannot use the Mini Control Stick. When attaching the Pocket 2 to a car for example, using the lock mode would be useful. Using the Mimo App would be very helpful.
2021-1-10
Use props
djiuser_LeP2VCn9ndbZ
New

United States

Please please please add continuous photo mode. I don't know why this simple feature was left out but it is probably a really easy add! Photo mode continuous you know like take a photo every 1,2,3,5,10,15,20 seconds. Simple and easy feature that opens up new opportunities.
2021-1-10
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules