New DJI Pocket 2 Firmware Released (01/05/2021)
1234Next >
50818 143 2021-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

John Walker Posted at 1-9 05:53
"Also I read here on this thread the shut down direction of the gymbol, mine seems to shut down with the head in a position that leaves the power button exposed, not that it matters when in the case as it seems you can put it in the case any way round... anyways... tiz what it is...."

Sounds like you are putting yours in the case upside down.    The 'ridged' side of the gimbal should face out.  The flat side of the gimbal head should be at the bottom and fit snug on the round yellow foam protector (Unless you took that out thinking it was only packing perhaps.

Your right, its just my logic that the camera would be fully or better protected the other way round, also now you can power up the camera with the second button twice now I have removed the camera from my bag to find its already powered up and the gimbal locked, I'm guessing that the case presses the button on the sidewall (front power button) when placing back in the case or when packed somehow.
2021-1-10
Use props
trevm
lvl.1
United Kingdom

As someone else mentioned earlier - I have the headphone monitoring with the wireless mic working when recording,  but the volume is almost inaudible, even when the audio meter is showing a good level.  During playback of recorded clips the volume is fine.  Has anyone worked out a fix for this yet?
2021-1-10
Use props
trevm
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-6 06:23
The level of the new monitoring feature seems very low and I can't spot a way of adjusting it.  Not really useful as it is.  In playback you can swipe up or down to change volume, but even if I set max volume in the playback function, it doesn't affect monitoring volume, which seems set at about 10 out of 100 (compared to playback volume).

Same for me.  Have you found a fix yet?
2021-1-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

OSR67 Posted at 1-10 04:46
It would be nice to be able to set the Gimbal to Lock Mode also in the Mimo app.
When using the DJI to GoPro mount accessory, you cannot use the Mini Control Stick. When attaching the Pocket 2 to a car for example, using the lock mode would be useful. Using the Mimo App would be very helpful.

If you have lock mode on in a car with the camera pointing out the windscreen, if you turn left the camera will now be pointing out of the right side window, which is probably not useful.
2021-1-10
Use props
GiuseppeC
lvl.1
Italy

Hello,
sadly my DJI mimo do not see any upgrade to be downloaded.

There is a way to manually force it?
2021-1-11
Use props
Yayoastur
lvl.4
Spain

GiuseppeC Posted at 1-11 03:52
Hello,

my dji mimo don't update neither
2021-1-11
Use props
Coris
lvl.2
Austria

I have to say that it is quite strange that in whole this thread  (4300 viewers right now), where mostly it are criticised many aspects regarding the new Pocket 2 firmware, no one from DJI team , nor any "moderator" have commented or answered to the numerous issues reported or noticed here...  
HELLO DJI! Where are you now?
2021-1-11
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Coris Posted at 1-11 09:30
I have to say that it is quite strange that in whole this thread  (4300 viewers right now), where mostly it are criticised many aspects regarding the new Pocket 2 firmware, no one from DJI team , nor any "moderator" have commented or answered to the numerous issues reported or noticed here...  
HELLO DJI! Where are you now?

True. Never seen so much views and posts in Pockets firmware notes in two years without any official comment..

They did not comment anything about the case problems either. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=231363

It also feels odd that you can start the Pocket using two different buttons but can turn it off using only one button. Make menu where to select where camera is positioning when turn on!?!

Active Track is still a LOT better in Pocket 1. Same with face.. and other things mentioned in these posts.
2021-1-11
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Aavalaakso Posted at 1-11 23:39
True. Never seen so much views and posts in Pockets firmware notes in two years without any official comment..

They did not comment anything about the case problems either. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=231363

There is no button 'spare' for turning off the device.  A long press on the function button activates momentary gimbal lock.  You can bet that if they changed that existing assignment, they would upset the users who like it the way it is.  
2021-1-12
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

GiuseppeC Posted at 1-11 03:52
Hello,

Delete and re-upload
2021-1-12
Use props
fansb5a035e5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84380 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi, I can't find Trimmed download function in Playback. Where is it? Thanks
2021-1-12
Use props
fansb5a035e5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84380 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I can't find Trimmed download function in Playback. Where is it? Thanks
2021-1-12
Use props
kamain
lvl.1
South Korea

Blellow Posted at 1-6 15:32
Can we disable .LRF files?

I need an option to disable the creation of .LRF files.
I don't want those files, but they uselessly take up space on my SD card.
2021-1-12
Use props
Gollan
lvl.4
Canada

With the new firmware, my Pocket 2 now recognizes that an ND filter is installed (with a message on the screen) and correctly powers down with the lens facing out. I appreciate this fix.
2021-1-12
Use props
Coris
lvl.2
Austria

Pocket 2 it recognize now even an third part ND filter, and it power off with camera accordingly positioned. Nice indeed!
2021-1-13
Use props
fans44ce158f
lvl.3
Turkey

Hello DJI POCKET 2 I have installed FIRMWARE UPDATE V01.02.00.50 but HDR video and Story Mode does not appear on my device. Please help me. I did a reset. I formatted the card, it didn't work again
2021-1-13
Use props
fans44ce158f
lvl.3
Turkey

Hello DJI POCKET 2 I have installed FIRMWARE UPDATE V01.02.00.50 but HDR video and Story Mode does not appear on my device. Please help me. I did a reset. I formatted the card, it didn't work again

2021-1-13
Use props
djiuser_oZpNEnBdTxOA
New
Thailand

Mimo continuously crashed on Samsung S20 ultra. I can't use it without a crash. Also, when the pocket is connected via USB to the phone, and I use the glamour effect, the photo is black... See attachment. Anyone can help?
2021-1-14
Use props
djiuser_oZpNEnBdTxOA
New
Thailand

djiuser_oZpNEnBdTxOA Posted at 1-14 20:47
Mimo continuously crashed on Samsung S20 ultra. I can't use it without a crash. Also, when the pocket is connected via USB to the phone, and I use the glamour effect, the photo is black... See attachment. Anyone can help?

2021-1-14
Use props
djiuser_oZpNEnBdTxOA
New
Thailand

djiuser_oZpNEnBdTxOA Posted at 1-14 20:47

2021-1-14
Use props
djiuser_oZpNEnBdTxOA
New
Thailand

2021-1-14
Use props
PhilBro
New
Germany

Hallo, unfortunately my Pocket 2 turns always into selfie mode, when I start the device. Can I set up sth. to avoid that and have the center FPV camera position as I had it before the update....?!
2021-1-15
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

PhilBro Posted at 1-15 00:46
Hallo, unfortunately my Pocket 2 turns always into selfie mode, when I start the device. Can I set up sth. to avoid that and have the center FPV camera position as I had it before the update....?!

See all the previous answers to the same question,
2021-1-15
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

fans44ce158f Posted at 1-13 13:10
Hello DJI POCKET 2 I have installed FIRMWARE UPDATE V01.02.00.50 but HDR video and Story Mode does not appear on my device. Please help me. I did a reset. I formatted the card, it didn't work again
[view_image]
[view_image]

have you switched to the pro mod?
2021-1-15
Use props
fans44ce158f
lvl.3
Turkey

Indio Posted at 1-15 03:22
have you switched to the pro mod?

yes i passed but still not happening
2021-1-15
Use props
Dualped
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_3mzRaK35HJlM Posted at 1-6 09:59
Since the update, my pocket starts in selfie mode. Can you change that?

The power button will start in selfie mode but instead of the power button when it's off just press and hold the function button & it starts in normal mode, they did that on purpose.
2021-1-15
Use props
Dualped
lvl.2
Canada

John Walker Posted at 1-15 02:34
See all the previous answers to the same question,

The power button will start in selfie mode but instead of the power button when it's off just press and hold the function button & it starts in normal mode, they did that on purpose.
2021-1-15
Use props
Dualped
lvl.2
Canada

The issue that I'm having is with the external lens that came with the combo, the gimbal vibrates :-(

It has always vibrated regardless of firmware, is there a fix for this? Is anyone else having this problem?

Thx
2021-1-15
Use props
Anand Z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112723 ft
  • >>>
India

This firmware upgrade bricked my DJI wireless mic. It said "upgrade failed" after blinking green and red for some time on my wireless mic. Now my wireless mic is unable to connect to my Pocket 2. I tried several times. Any way to reset the wireless mic or roll back to the earlier version of the firmware??
2021-1-17
Use props
Coris
lvl.2
Austria

I think you should not try to fix yourself a such issue. Not possible also to be fixed, but by only DJI service dept. That device firmware should be flashed/loaded again in a particularly maner. The only alternative for you is to contact DJI for a eventual replacement...I am still wondering why in this whole thread, initiated by the DJI support team, this supposed support team it have no any whatsoever intervention (except the first post), or comments to the so many issues/critics reported here...
2021-1-17
Use props
ivanf197
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555417 ft
Israel

Hi Dji,
Are you know that Active Track is reliable... until record will be enabled? While recording is disabled, the active track works as minimum equal to pocket 1. But when I start recording, active track on pocket 2 starts to behave unreliable, inaccurate, loses target etc. Same as it was in previous firmware.
Opposite to this, active track on pocket 1 - remains accurate at recording. I checked this on two devices (op1 and op2), attached to common base plate.
Is this supposed to be fixed in near fw?

2021-1-17
Use props
PatLam
lvl.2
Germany

"Added Trimmed Download (DJI Mimo of v1.5.8 or later required)."
May I ask what is this for ???
2021-1-18
Use props
PatLam
lvl.2
Germany

"HDR CROP"  is very disappointing !!!!
2021-1-18
Use props
PatLam
lvl.2
Germany

KI story is improved !! Thanks !!
2021-1-18
Use props
djiuser_Q26rL2L3VYGt
New

United Kingdom

Decent update.

Hoping to see a couple of features to make it a social media vlogging machine.

- Background Blur
- Glamour mode 4K 30/60
- Better low light performance
- Direct upload to Instagram Story
- Live Steam on Instagram

The whole purpose of this is to vlog and for social media so it needs to focus on that aspect in my opinion.

Great piece or kit though and look forward to creating.
2021-1-19
Use props
Kotaix 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 932228 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Hi there. Since I did the firmware update, my Pocket 2 turns on in selfie mode, instead of facing forward as usual. It is very annoying.How can I solve this? Did it happen to someone?
2021-1-19
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Kotaix 1 Posted at 1-19 08:43
Hi there. Since I did the firmware update, my Pocket 2 turns on in selfie mode, instead of facing forward as usual. It is very annoying.How can I solve this? Did it happen to someone?

Use the function button below the screen.  The power button on the side is for starting up in selfie mode.
2021-1-19
Use props
Kotaix 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 932228 ft
  • >>>
Chile

John Walker Posted at 1-19 09:19
Use the function button below the screen.  The power button on the side is for starting up in selfie mode.

It works perfectly (thanks a lot) ... but it's weird, before the update, the button on the side turned the pocket 2 in the forward position ...
2021-1-19
Use props
AHB_Pck
lvl.3
Turkey

fans44ce158f Posted at 1-13 13:10
Hello DJI POCKET 2 I have installed FIRMWARE UPDATE V01.02.00.50 but HDR video and Story Mode does not appear on my device. Please help me. I did a reset. I formatted the card, it didn't work again
[view_image]
[view_image]

video image.      https://drive.google.com/file/d/13aA0mMsvm2ZptmLT_LO6iKA7j_kyTBV1/view?usp=sharing
2021-1-19
Use props
Dualped
lvl.2
Canada

This firmware has fixed the audio hissing that I had BUT it has introduced a NEW PROBLEM darn!

2021-1-19
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules