Question about image files after flight
1256 9 2021-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
macgyver60
lvl.1

United States

I have been practicing with my mini 2. After a flight when I come home and put the SD card in my computer I find a series of files but I have questions about some of them
  • The MP4 video files are fine for the most part but the last MP4 file in the list always has no preview image and when I get a message that it can't be opened by quicktime player. I tried opening it with VLC but that doesn't work either.
  • What are the html files for? When I try to open them it gives a list of jpg files which seem to be the files from a couple of panoramic images that I took
  • There is a folder with jpg images in it which are the individual images that seem to make up the panoramic image. How do I use these to get a panorama? If I take a panorama on my phone it automaticaly sticthes all the images into one panoramic image.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 10.59.38 AM.png

Thanks in advance

2021-1-5
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

if you open the pano in the app it will stitch a photo out of the images. if you want you can manually do so on any software of your picking - photoshop, lightroom, ptgui, etc. you can do that using the jpgs or preferably the dng files. What i do is process the dngs in camera raw of phtotoshop, stitch them in ptgui, add the sky with content-aware in photoshop and clear the inconsistencies with the stamp tool in 3d view in photoshop. It is a bit tedious process but renders the best result. The fastest one is using dji Fly and getting the pano on your phone. However that does not render in real 360 view when posted on facebook. The html files are descriptions of the images that are part of one panorama shot, i think nothing more.as to the mp4 you cannot open i think judging by the size and naming probably those are kind of thumbnails for the corresponding file. As i have the same for some jpgs, when and why are they generated cannot tell. my wild guess is when you open the library in dji fly.
2021-1-5
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

For the last video file, you may have shut the drone off (power) before stopping the recording. I did it once and had a corrupt file (Mini 1)
2021-1-5
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 460676 ft
United States

I use Microsoft's Image Composite Editor to stitch the images on a PC after I have taken them.
Usually I just want them on the computer anyway, rather than the phone, so it is free and works fine (with jpg's anyway), and is simple to use.
Just select the files, how you want the stitched image to look, and it does the rest.

I believe that the html files are used by the fly app to stitch the images.
2021-1-5
Use props
macgyver60
lvl.1

United States

videoeditman Posted at 1-5 14:11
For the last video file, you may have shut the drone off (power) before stopping the recording. I did it once and had a corrupt file (Mini 1)

Thanks. I think you may be right
2021-1-5
Use props
macgyver60
lvl.1

United States

sbonev Posted at 1-5 08:29
if you open the pano in the app it will stitch a photo out of the images. if you want you can manually do so on any software of your picking - photoshop, lightroom, ptgui, etc. you can do that using the jpgs or preferably the dng files. What i do is process the dngs in camera raw of phtotoshop, stitch them in ptgui, add the sky with content-aware in photoshop and clear the inconsistencies with the stamp tool in 3d view in photoshop. It is a bit tedious process but renders the best result. The fastest one is using dji Fly and getting the pano on your phone. However that does not render in real 360 view when posted on facebook. The html files are descriptions of the images that are part of one panorama shot, i think nothing more.as to the mp4 you cannot open i think judging by the size and naming probably those are kind of thumbnails for the corresponding file. As i have the same for some jpgs, when and why are they generated cannot tell. my wild guess is when you open the library in dji fly.

Great. Thanks for the info. That was very helpful
2021-1-5
Use props
macgyver60
lvl.1

United States

Thanks to everyone for the replies. One more question. I find that not all of the videos stored on my SD card after a flight are in the gallery on my phone. Particularly the quickshots. Any idea why that might be?
2021-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there macgyver60. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As mentioned above always stop the video recording before tuning off the DJI Mini 2 to void video corruption and to avoid and issues on the said drone in the future. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-1-5
Use props
JasonWilli
lvl.2

India

Hi, I think the last mp4 video file is corrupt during recording. if you want to repair the last one using any video repair software like Stellar. Another way if the file not support on VLC you can try to play on other media player. If the same issue occur you can try to change the video file format.  
2021-1-8
Use props
Gif2Dtrade
Second Officer
Flight distance : 528478 ft
Romania

@JasonWilli: Try to power-on & power-off your drone with SD card inserted, and then retry to read the video file with issues. Sometimes worked on my case, when I power-off the drone while recording.
Since then, I stop recording before power-off the drone.
2021-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules