How to achieve smooth orbiting shots with the RSC2?
2384 2 2021-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
easty0505
lvl.1

Germany

Hi Guys,

I have recently bought the RSC2 and it is my first gimbal so bear with me.

I have watched pretty much every youtube tutorial and could not really find an answer to my problem:

When I try to do a smooth pan or orbit shot around a subject, I cant get the camera to stay 'locked on' the subject in terms of framing. The camera kind of pans in small horizontal steps and then jumps during the shots which means that the subject is not in the middle but jumps from left to right the whole time. I do not want to have to use warp or extra stabilization in post if possible. What do I have to do, in order to get these smooth pan and orbit shots? Is it my technique? My lens? Do I have to change motor and deadpan settings? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Gimbal: Ronin SC2
Camera: Sony a7R3
Lens: Sony 85mm 1,8
Mode: pan only + i tried to really reduce the strength settings and turn the camera with the joystick, while moving

2021-1-5
Use props
Veluuria
lvl.2
Netherlands

any answers here?  I have a similar issue, and have the latest firmware with orbit follow activated but still can't get it to orbit/pan smoothly. (I don't always want the raveneye with me, so need to find a way of doing it without active track
2021-3-31
Use props
A.J. Ilyas
New

Turkey

Any answers yet?
2022-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules