1766 13 2021-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
k_hargy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51624 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've seen two other theads about this but I wanted to start another so people can see this is a pervasive issue...

I hadn't used my Extension Rod in awhile... I took it out today and noticed a hairline crack... as I gently opened it up it fully cracked in half. I contacted support and they just kept saying that it looks like "physical damage", yea it is pysically damaged but not becuase of anything I did. My only option was to pay to ship it to them and then see how much they would change to fix it, which no doubt would cost more then the total price. He also offered a 10% discount on a new one... I asked if I could just get a replacement latch but he said that isn't possible. Very dissapointed in the quailiy of this product and DJI's support!
Here are the other theads I saw about this issue:

IMG-6468.jpg
2021-1-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's disappointing, to say the least.
2021-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there k_hargy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and to know that Osmo Pocket Extension Rod is damaged. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will be able to help you and a proper resolution will be given. Thank you.
2021-1-5
Use props
k_hargy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-5 20:28
Hello there k_hargy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and to know that Osmo Pocket Extension Rod is damaged. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will be able to help you and a proper resolution will be given. Thank you.

So you think they should have a different option than what I said?
2021-1-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Poorly designed.  Have read of several that cracked in that same exact spot.  
2021-1-7
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Doesn't the rod still function without it latched?
2021-1-7
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 1-7 15:30
Doesn't the rod still function without it latched?

It will but the OP will only be held in place by the slotted connection port, not very robust or trustworthy for that purpose.
2021-1-8
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

DaveSp Posted at 1-8 09:03
It will but the OP will only be held in place by the slotted connection port, not very robust or trustworthy for that purpose.

Let me think a bit ...
rubberband.jpeg
2021-1-8
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 1-8 15:00
Let me think a bit ...

The Mark I Rubber Band, companion to the Duct Tape Master Fixer.
2021-1-8
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

DaveSp Posted at 1-8 15:52
The Mark I Rubber Band, companion to the Duct Tape Master Fixer.

Duct tape would leave a sticky residue
2021-1-8
Use props
k_hargy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 1-8 15:00
Let me think a bit ...

I guess... or maybe I don't think I should have to use a janky rubber band for the $70 selfie stick for my $350 camera....  or maybe they should design it so it doesn't crack so easy... or if that's not possible sell me the 15 cent piece of plastic latch so I could repair it?
2021-1-8
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

k_hargy Posted at 1-8 20:20
I guess... or maybe I don't think I should have to use a janky rubber band for the $70 selfie stick for my $350 camera....  or maybe they should design it so it doesn't crack so easy... or if that's not possible sell me the 15 cent piece of plastic latch so I could repair it?

Since the former is the reality, and the latter ain't going to happen, personally, I would just suck it up and deal with it.

Yes; we feel your righteous indignation. However, airing it here accomplishes nothing ...
2021-1-9
Use props
k_hargy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 1-9 02:54
Since the former is the reality, and the latter ain't going to happen, personally, I would just suck it up and deal with it.

Yes; we feel your righteous indignation. However, airing it here accomplishes nothing ...

I really don't understand the source of your vitriol... is sharing my experience of a DJI product not appropriate in a DJI product forum? Do you not think the latch is important enough? If this latch broke a day after I bought it would you still think that was acceptable? I'm just trying to see where you draw the line...

As I said at the top of my post my purpose was to point out how pervasive this is. This would 1) Alert people who are considering buying the extension rod to give it a second thought 2) maybe DJI would realize this was some kind of manufacture defect and "do the right thing" 3) Maybe other potential customers would see how they handled the situation (either positively or negatively)  and decide if they wanted to do business with the company.

I'm not going to be hyperbolic and say "I'll never buy a DJI product again" but the whole thing does make me think twice. I was pretty excited about the Pocket 2 and now maybe I'll wait.

Ultimately, you're right I will just have to "suck it up". We are are at the mercy of DJI so really the only power I have is to share my story here.
2021-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

mine broke about 3 months ago i used super glue and its still ok , fingers crossed. I do think because so many are having this problem that dji should sell small repair kit .
2021-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules