Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New FW - continuous Full Gimbal Lock demo video
1511 12 2021-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Firmware V01.02.00.50 adds a number of features and fixes, including the  ability to turn on Continuous Full Gimbal Lock (no need to hold down a  button any more).  So now we have four fully-functional gimbal modes. Thanks DJI!

Continuous full gimbal lock amounts to a "virtual tripod" so you can video a scene of interest hand-held from behind the lens,  then appear to walk into the shot even though you are actually holding the camera in your  hand.  Long press then release the button to the right of the joystick  to lock, short press it again to unlock.  Doesn't work with the control  wheel or extension rod, only the new joystick attachment.

You can still  long press and hold the function button for a brief lock.

Note that unlike changing other gimbal modes while recording, this  doesn't jerk the picture.

Another use is for recording a live event on a stage from a fixed  position.  Once you have the stage nicely framed, turn on full lock, and  if your arm gets tired you can swap to the other hand without  disturbing the picture, and it won't matter if your hand wobbles about a  bit.  Or even a lot.

In this video I give a short demo of how to walk into your shot for  vlogging, and also I show just how stable the shot is - I had an Osmo  Action on the same rig while rocking it in all directions, and you can see the Action picture go all over the place, while the Pocket 2 stays still, even when I turn 180 degrees.

I'm not covering the new HDR mode in this video - I'm sure many others  will...

FEATURE REQUEST TO DJI - would it be possible to add a gimbal lock button to the Mimo app interface, to avoid having to reach to the camera itself to activate the function?  Thanks!

2021-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for these positive feedback you have given and for posting this interesting video here at DJI Forum. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Pocket 2 and DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and keep on filming.
2021-1-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Cheers, DJI Stephen!

Here's another use for this feature - mount the Pocket 2 onto the hot shoe of a DSLR (with a little adapter thingy, very cheap).  Frame an overall scene (a lake??) with the P2, engage full lock.  Then with the DSLR (ideally with good zoom lens) you can capture the details of the scene (close-ups of ducks?)while the P2 captures the main scene regardless of which way you point the DSLR.  Edit later to put the DSLR shots in Picture-in-picture on top of the P2 shot, or cut between them, whatever.  This would also be an easy multicam technique for a live show etc etc.  Or covering a sporting fixture.  The P2 fixed shot will always provide a cutaway if needed.
2021-1-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2021-1-6
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for this excellent demonstration of this new feature. Well done!
2021-1-6
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Nice demo of these features.
2021-1-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2021-1-6
Use props
notdmartian
lvl.2

Singapore

i always enjoy your video. thanks for sharing this
2021-1-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'm glad you good people found it useful or interesting, thanks for your comments.
2021-1-6
Use props
Igalstu
lvl.2

Israel

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-6 00:04
Hello there. Thank you for these positive feedback you have given and for posting this interesting video here at DJI Forum. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Pocket 2 and DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and keep on filming.

I would like to know how to activate full gimbal lock while connected to smartphone/mimo app ?
Thanks
Igal
2021-1-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Currrently - as far as I am aware - the feature is not available in the app.  You have to use the physical button.
2021-1-8
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-6 00:04
Hello there. Thank you for these positive feedback you have given and for posting this interesting video here at DJI Forum. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Pocket 2 and DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and keep on filming.

+1 Vote for enabling the full gimbal lock mode when using the Mimo app
2021-3-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ranjan Posted at 3-5 03:03
+1 Vote for enabling the full gimbal lock mode when using the Mimo app

Hi there Ranjan. Thank you for the reply and If you have any request, inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.
2021-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules