DJI Mini 2 Maximum Dynanmic Range! LOG Profile Trick!
35601 53 2021-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucho Gonzalez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2383091 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Osmo Pocket 2 has the same camera as Mini 2 and have Cinelike profile. DJI could make us all a favor and add it to Mini 2 too.
2021-10-19
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

Let's all chime in and grab some DJI Points for this garbage!
2021-10-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The thing i got from this video, is a plug for the lut pack, that's really what this one is about, as soon as i saw that plug, i shut it down, which is to say, i didn't get far in to it at all
2021-10-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 10-19 14:28
The thing i got from this video, is a plug for the lut pack, that's really what this one is about, as soon as i saw that plug, i shut it down, which is to say, i didn't get far in to it at all

You can download the LUT here - its free-

https://pastebin.com/embed_js/b3GYwfjJ
2021-10-19
Use props
Someoneelse
lvl.1

Austria

Lucho Gonzalez Posted at 2021-10-19 06:45
Osmo Pocket 2 has the same camera as Mini 2 and have Cinelike profile. DJI could make us all a favor and add it to Mini 2 too.

So the sensor/camera should be capable of it?
What could it hold back? I guess the processing unit is on the Mini 2 even more advanced.
So there should be enough power to..

It is just a software thing, maybe it is because DJI has their own log file "formats".
Which seems to be held back to keep it for upper class devices maybe?
Because the Mini 3 has the ability now.

They could take maybe at least 50% of that code from the Osmo Pocket 2 or DJ Mini 3... and paste it in to the mini 2.
2022-6-5
Use props
HerbA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1209682 ft
United States

yoengel Posted at 2021-1-7 10:15
Does the lut really increate the dynamic range?  This is like converting JPEG to RAW files - you can't recover lost data.

100% correct. Thanks for the reminder. I know this to be a fact with hand-held photography, but in the hype (newbie here) of drone photo/videography, forgot the basics. Once you have dumbed it down, you can't recreate what was never there.
2022-9-14
Use props
CJ46
New
Ireland

yoengel Posted at 2021-1-7 10:15
Does the lut really increate the dynamic range?  This is like converting JPEG to RAW files - you can't recover lost data.

No, they only real benefit imo from doing this is I find it easier to colour grade when starting off with a blander looking image
2023-1-30
Use props
djiuser_JgwAOyvlo8aJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163284 ft
Italy

Thanks for the guide.  I tried this guide, but I prefer to use another method, with the Litchi application I decrease the contrast, the saturation is sharpness at -3.  Then I go back to the DJI app, the settings remain in memory, and I shoot my videos.  I get good results!
2023-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_JgwAOyvlo8aJ Posted at 11-27 15:51
Thanks for the guide.  I tried this guide, but I prefer to use another method, with the Litchi application I decrease the contrast, the saturation is sharpness at -3.  Then I go back to the DJI app, the settings remain in memory, and I shoot my videos.  I get good results!

Do you not find Litch super unstable?   I gave up when doing one flight it completely lost the ability to control the drone,  and all I could do was reboot the controller and start the fly app again to get it back.
2023-11-28
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-28 00:36
Do you not find Litch super unstable?   I gave up when doing one flight it completely lost the ability to control the drone,  and all I could do was reboot the controller and start the fly app again to get it back.

That's a bit worrying.

In just starting out with Litchi - only one flight so far.

Are you on a droid or iPhone?
2023-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 11-28 01:02
That's a bit worrying.

In just starting out with Litchi - only one flight so far.

That was on android.  I found it very buggy overall and after a few weeks with it,  I didnt find anything in it that the Fly app couldnt do that interested me and I gave up with it since then.  
2023-11-28
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-28 01:08
That was on android.  I found it very buggy overall and after a few weeks with it,  I didnt find anything in it that the Fly app couldnt do that interested me and I gave up with it since then.

How long ago was that?

I've now had a few flights with Litchi and it's been solid so far, but you have got me really worried now.

I've read that it was unstable a few versions ago, so I'm processing cautiously right now.
2023-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 11-29 13:59
How long ago was that?

I've now had a few flights with Litchi and it's been solid so far, but you have got me really worried now.

That was around November last year,  I gave it a couple of weeks testing,  so about 50 flights and I had three incidents in that time IIRC.   Looking at the Litchi whats new page theres been very little updates since then.   Also bear in mind with Android it could be my device and not the app as Android devices are so variable.  
2023-11-29
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-29 23:42
That was around November last year,  I gave it a couple of weeks testing,  so about 50 flights and I had three incidents in that time IIRC.   Looking at the Litchi whats new page theres been very little updates since then.   Also bear in mind with Android it could be my device and not the app as Android devices are so variable.

Yeah, could be something to do with it.

I do a bit of Android dev myself and 99% of the crash reports I get from Google Play are nothing to do with my code but are from the main Android libraries.

Google updates those libraries pretty constantly, though, so it could well be that things have got more stable without the Litchi fevs uaving to do much other than recompile with the latest libraries.

That's a double edges sword in itself, though, as the updated libraries often break something else!

I'll keep flying with it cautiously. I like the Litchi Vue streaming option but I primarily got it to replace Maven Lite which no longer worksnon my phone after updating to Android 14 - I used the cable cam function iMaven quite a bit.
2023-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules