o(^-^)o
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello MA2 pilots!

I will part with the MA2 ...

The new regulations and laws, here in Europe, make it seem sensible not to use this drone for private purposes anymore.
To just fly over fields, far away from residential areas, far away from any uninvolved people, that's not what I would have dreamed of 8 months ago ...

I think my MM will be able to do it in the future (and now probably much, much better than the MA2), if I want to take nice videos or photos from "unusual" perspectives ...

In the future, just having to worry about violating some regulation or implementing it incorrectly is not my thing.

It was a lot of fun flying the very stable MA2, really! But what use is that if it is only possible far outside the city, and not "without restrictions" there ...
No! I'm going to put an end to it.

Maybe DJI will "someday" build a certified drone weighing less than 500 g, with many sensors that help prevent all conceivable accidents. Maybe...
Then I'll come back and I'll fly again with the old joy and film and take photos ...

Goodbye!

Frank

2021-1-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You gotta do what you feel you gotta do.  
2021-1-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Too bad, but i agree   drones < 250 are easier to use according the rules
2021-1-6
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Maybe DJI will "someday" build a certified drone weighing less than 500 g, with many sensors that help prevent all conceivable accidents. Maybe...

If labeled (certified) 900g limit is the mark for C1...
2021-1-6
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

The MA2 has become a proper victim in this debacle & DJI didn't do end users any favours by not getting it badged at release, they still cling to requirements not being set and suggesting retrospective might happen not will but is it more than just burning time so we just have to replace with the latest MA3 with its nice shiny CE C# tag
2021-1-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 1-6 12:24
The MA2 has become a proper victim in this debacle & DJI didn't do end users any favours by not getting it badged at release, they still cling to requirements not being set and suggesting retrospective might happen not will but is it more than just burning time so we just have to replace with the latest MA3 with its nice shiny CE C# tag

and 2 years to fly the MA2 in the A2  without CE marking. In 2 years time guess i buy a new drone, mayby the MA3 or 4 ? ;-)
2021-1-6
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 1-6 12:38
and 2 years to fly the MA2 in the A2  without CE marking. In 2 years time guess i buy a new drone, mayby the MA3 or 4 ? ;-)

You're quite right Jjb but if it gets a C1 mark I dont need to shell out on an A2 CofC, I'd have gone MP2 knowing we would be here & happily done the A2 knowing it but there was a reason for going sub 900g.  I have no issues being responsible I did the online stuff & registered when I got my mini on release before you needed to. For now it'll be A3 in the countryside for the MA2 with the mini for more local stuff I'll be watvhing Q1/2 closely DJI need to create the Air 3 & offer sensible swap out pricing.  My MA2 has very low mileage due to covid in 2020.
2021-1-6
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Does anyone knows if DJI can get certificate for already manufactured/sold devices like MA2?
2021-1-6
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

KnNLmS Posted at 1-6 13:28
Does anyone knows if DJI can get certificate for already manufactured/sold devices like MA2?

No the product cannot be retrospectively marked under CE rules, the same model could however, be tested, certified & badged with a class & sold new.  DJI are supposedly investigating a route that might allow certification but this will likely need you send the drone back or use an official service center based on current information so that a modification is applied to make it the equivalent of a MA2 mkii & allow certification class application.

So no is the correct answer to your question but possibly at a cost if an agreement is reached on the latter.
2021-1-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

KnNLmS Posted at 1-6 13:28

Hi there, according to draft CE rules, the Mavic Air 2 meets the CE requirements. The EU’s new CE rules have not been published yet and details are not finalized, and there are no organizations that can provide the new CE certification or C0 to C3 classification. DJI will make the Mavic Air 2 certified according to the new CE rules immediately after the new CE rules come into effect. Thanks.
2021-1-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-6 23:00
Hi there, according to draft CE rules, the Mavic Air 2 meets the CE requirements. The EU’s new CE rules have not been published yet and details are not finalized, and there are no organizations that can provide the new CE certification or C0 to C3 classification. DJI will make the Mavic Air 2 certified according to the new CE rules immediately after the new CE rules come into effect. Thanks.

Thanks for your information. Reads as good news for MA2 users.
2021-1-7
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

What a nice an swift reply. Thanks Natalia. This is what i expect from DJI always.
2021-1-7
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks Natalia this is positive news if proven true so the official DJI response is 'still waiting for EASA CE C# specifications & certification bodies being identified'.

Not boding well for class marked drones in Q1/2 of this year then
2021-1-7
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

DJI will make the Mavic Air 2 certified according to the new CE rules immediately after the new CE rules come into effect.

This sounds very good, I hope it will be truth! As I like my Air 2 and I don't want to buy a different machine at the moment (this year).
2021-1-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

virtual Posted at 1-7 01:44
DJI will make the Mavic Air 2 certified according to the new CE rules immediately after the new CE rules come into effect.

This sounds very good, I hope it will be truth! As I like my Air 2 and I don't want to buy a different machine at the moment (this year).

LOL   "this year"......

I will buy the MA3 CE marked in november 2021!
i hope

cheers
JJB
2021-1-7
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 1-7 01:48
LOL   "this year"......

Given the recent posts about getting registered around Europe you might be waiting until 2023 Jjb its all moving very slowly at least you have your MA2 in the interim.

Its interesting the variance in fees & process for the A2 its circa €110 to do it in the UK & thats on an offer.  How much did it cost you in the Netherlands?
2021-1-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini 2 without the classification is just perfect under the new rules.  You can even overfly uninvolved people.  When it gets its classification it will not be able to do that.  As they change weight to the MTOM weight.
2021-1-7
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

JJB* Posted at 1-7 01:48
LOL   "this year"......

Yes but I don't wanna spend money only because of C1 label (can be MA3 in November so much better?) and technically this summer You have to fly in A3 (in real world I believe I can fly A1 with MA2 in our country at least  as the aviation authority is rational) but...
2021-1-7
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-7 02:42
Mini 2 without the classification is just perfect under the new rules.  You can even overfly uninvolved people.  When it gets its classification it will not be able to do that.  As they change weight to the MTOM weight.

Exactly the reason I keep the mini for now i just couldnt justify a third drone in the mini2 in the same year I'm not a YT reviewer & the divorce would be more expensive

Given the statement from DJI my money is not leaving for another until the class badges appear on aircraft but that stills seems some time off even after delay in regs coming in.
2021-1-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 1-7 01:00
Thanks for your information. Reads as good news for MA2 users.

You're welcome. Should there any further updates, we'll keep you updated.
2021-1-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

KnNLmS Posted at 1-7 01:06
What a nice an swift reply. Thanks Natalia. This is what i expect from DJI always.

2021-1-10
Use props
BR0D4CZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49327 ft
Poland

Here in Poland before new fly rules you have to pass exams to fly commercially. Nothing really changed for us
2021-1-10
Use props
BR0D4CZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49327 ft
Poland

Here in Poland before new fly rules you have to pass exams to fly commercially. Nothing really changed for us
2021-1-10
Use props
Tesala
New

Italy

Hi All,

Just checking the CE mark status for the MA2 in Europe? I heard that there were plans to get the CE marks for drones sold now. I am currently in Italy and have been putting off buying the MA2 due to the new regulations. My question - is DJI officially going to confirm that the CE mark will be made available for MA2 purchased now?  
2021-3-2
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

The sub 250 gram quads with loads of tech are the future for us who fly for recreation. Hope DJI will keep that in mind. Smaller, stronger, better. It will be fun to see what's in store.
2021-3-2
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Tesala Posted at 3-2 00:51
Hi All,

Just checking the CE mark status for the MA2 in Europe? I heard that there were plans to get the CE marks for drones sold now. I am currently in Italy and have been putting off buying the MA2 due to the new regulations. My question - is DJI officially going to confirm that the CE mark will be made available for MA2 purchased now?

DJI only confirm things are being assessed nothing is signed off so dont expect a C1 classification anytime soon. I asked for qualified dates for both on the production line & existing aircraft no answers were given over 'we are assessing options'.

If you want an Air 2 you have to live with no C1 label for the foreseeable if ever. You can either do the A2CofC or restrict yourself to subcat A3 flying.

Very disappointed with DJI but equally with those determining certification bodies & process.
2021-3-2
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JimDandy Posted at 3-2 03:35
The sub 250 gram quads with loads of tech are the future for us who fly for recreation. Hope DJI will keep that in mind. Smaller, stronger, better. It will be fun to see what's in store.

Yup if they can get follow & 4k 60 raw in there thats pretty much market captured for average Joe.
2021-3-2
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

Here are the regulations also about certification in the European Union :

DELEGATED REGULATION (EU) 2019/945

DELEGATED REGULATION (EU) 2019/947

Why are these provisions not enough?
2021-3-2
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

JimDandy Posted at 3-2 03:35

Until the next laws that will also ban drones of less than 250 grams....
2021-3-2
Use props
Carlos Dourado
lvl.1
Germany

Any update on this topic ? is it possible to send the Drone back to DJI to be  retrospectively certifed
2021-7-25
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

There is still no official organisation in place in the EU, where DJI is able to process the certification. If so it is still open if DJi will do finally a retrospective certification.
2021-7-25
Use props
fans12bec57b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2292234 ft
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 2021-1-10 03:03

Does this mean that an air 2s bought this year will be retrofitted with a C1 marking as soon as this is available?
2022-1-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If there is doubt is the answer not simple, do not buy.
2022-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules