Fw 1.10 different exposition
686 3 2021-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mgozer
lvl.4
Italy

Hi everyone,I've had the chance to test two different Osmo Action, one having the 1.09 firmware, and the other with 1.10
I tried to shoot the very same picture, from the very same position at the same moment and with the same settings.
Please find here below a comparison made in IrfanView:

OA.jpg

As you can see, for the right one (new firmware), the automatic exposure set the shutter speed a little faster than the left one (old firmware).
The result is that the image is not overexposed at the sky and at the white stones at the bottom.
I did other tests like this and I can say that most of the times, the new firmware chose a faster shutter speed.
It seems to me that it happens to videos also.
In spite of the little change in color produced by the 1.10 (which I still can't decide if I like them), I believe this new behaviour in exposure metering to be better.
What do you think about it?
2021-1-6
Use props
id4alexey
lvl.4

Russia

Hi, the results from fw 1.10 I like better. On fw 1.09 I had to use expocorrection = - 0.3. I could perform only one test of new fw and it seems that RS have better vertical stabilisation.It is interesting to get the RS comparison: 1.09 vs 1.10.
Alexey
2021-1-6
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nice side by side comparison. The newer firmware indeed does look to have better exposure and colour.
2021-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mgozer. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information here at DJI Forum. Again, thank you for your support and keep on shooting. .
2021-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules