Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Thinking to buy Lightbridge
2274 17 2015-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

Hi all,

I just ordered s1000+ with GH4 gimball...all is good Now, in past i used 5.8 TX and RX for FPV, and that was all fine untill i got my Inspire 1. FPV on Inspire 1 is great and i want the same or simmilar expirience with S1000 setup, and the closest i can get is with DJI Lightbridge.

Now before i buy one i wanted to get some user feedback.

1. I see IOS app is not available, and i have ipad Air 2, so does anyone know will it be available and when? DJI?

2. Though the ios APP is not available, i see alot of users use beta ios app, how come they have it and i cant download it?

3. Is s1000 with lightbridge a good setup, or is it better to invest in normal 5.8 FPV monitors and TX.

Thanks alot for the help.
2015-7-3
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I cant speak to the ios but I can with the LB. So, to answer your question on is LB a good setup I would say definitely yes. More range, good video quality (HD with the GH4). But I'm confused on the FPV. Are you thinking of using your GH4 as the FPV camera? I have my LB set up so the camera operator (2 person) see's what the camera operator wants to see. I use a separate system for fpv using the fatshark 600 camera, the DJI mark II iOSD and the Immersion TX and I dont use a monitor, I use the Fatshark Dominator V2 goggles....I do have a monitor I take with me as a backup when filming. So to answer your question it just depends on what you are trying to accomplish.
Cheers
2015-7-3
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

Hey thanks alot for feedback.

I have a problem understanding switching between single and dual operators with Lightbridge, i am not sure how can this be done. Also, with any 5.8 GHZ video and dual operator setup, do you have to map A2 every single time when switching between two modes or can a second person just fire up his Futaba and join the flight?

Also, I hope DJI answers the IOS app delay and availability problem. I have a feeling that Lightbridge is abandoned, or not?
2015-7-4
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Lightbridge is badass, no problems with it on my copter..  Also I got the iOS lightbridge app with no issues right from the apple App Store..  Sometimes I have to switch to iPhone apps to get certain apps.  But if I do they still work fine on my iPad mini 2..  I think you will really like lightbridge...  It does 1080p too, I think the inspire and p3 only send 720p
2015-7-5
Use props
eliandro torres
lvl.1

Brazil

If you want to use  with a GH4 or GOPRO  not buy, it only works with interlaced equipments(1080i) or in progressive 720p.
2015-7-6
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

Thanks, Eliandro, i will use it with GH4.
2015-7-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-7-5 16:30
Lightbridge is badass, no problems with it on my copter..  Also I got the iOS lightbridge app with n ...

Mark do you have a link to the App store for this user.  It was my understanding that the App was not available on the store and only from DJI for a brief time before Apple asked us to stop using it under our developer license.  

I have used the Lightbridge since before its introduction.  It is a great platform for the professional user or the hobbyist that wants longer FPV range on his Phantom.  I wish the App was more Pilot like but that may change in the future.  Who knows, certainly not me.
2015-7-8
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

No, it doesn't show up in my App Store any more either for some reason...  i took a picture of the qr code that was going around last year and I'm pretty sure I scanned the qr code off my cell phone screen with my iPad..  I can look for that picture and post it here if you think it will help
2015-7-16
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Lightbridge iOS qr code. Scan the code with a qr scanner on your iOS device and you should be taken to its download
image.jpg
2015-7-16
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Let me know if it works still.. I'm afraid to test it since it's not available anymore, I don't wanna lose it...
2015-7-16
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Blade, do you know if lightbridge is going to have its app put back into the apple app store at all? And any talk about getting the pilot app to work with lightbridge? If we have all dji stuff like naza, h3-3d gimble, lightbridge of course all the functions in the pilot app would pretty much apply to a lightbridge copter with naza, h3-3d, and the e310 propulsion system...  But that is prolly asking too much, but then it would be allot more usefully a know....all that is missing then is gopro control which I can't see being too hard to accomplish..  Don't know why the gopro gimbles never had some control over the gopro, like at least the shutter and modes...
2015-7-16
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

Link works Thanks alot !!
2015-7-17
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

@ Mark97564 Thanks alot

@ Tahoe_Ed, do you maybe, possibly maybe, by any chance .... know any inside info if DJI Pilot app will support Lightbridge? It would make sense...
2015-7-17
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Ozren, I have been asking that since May 1st..  It would make a ton of since if you have a copter with all dji components, but I seen a interview with Dji's ceo and all he his interested in are new and exciting things and feels that his how he became and will say number 1, so I doubt it will..  Things will get created and released but after the first year we will be lucky to get a bug fix..  Look at everything else...  Unfortunately things aren't going to work like the ceo of dji thinks, other companies will catch up with their tech and then the companies that still stay thriving are the ones with the best support and longest product life..  

The made the h3-2d gimble and then a yr later h3-3d and a yr later the h4-3d and no advances, they all just tilt..  Not 1 will even control the go pros shutter..  I love dji products, they fly and work great I've been lucky and never needed to deal with their tech support, but I want the pilot app on my light bridge that can let me control naza and its settings on the fly, my gimble tilt settings on the fly..  I want to at least have shutter control over my go pro...  Things like that breath new life into existing products. If lightbridge had the pilot app I bet more would sell..  If people can put lightbridge on their copter and control the go pro access gimble and napa settings it would be like a new product all over again...  

I'm hoping I get a firmware update on my p3p soon though so I can use my vps again and so the red triangle on my sonar on the pilot app works right again...  That arrow will not always point towards home like it should..  I seen news about dji letting us revert back to 1.1.9 firmware a few weeks ago but I haven't heard anything more about it.. Or seen any new download links on the p3's webpage or anywhere for that matter...  I will shut up now but man, I hope dji gets with it..   I was even hoping once I get the hdmi board in my p3 controller that I can plug my btu module in its can port and connect my iPad to it and open the ground station app and hope it will be able to communicate with my p3 scuz then I could do waypoints and stuff, lol....  I know, I know, Wishful thinking all the time,....lol
2015-7-18
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

Hey Mark,

Yes i get your frustation, we are in the same boat. I am a software programer, for 15 years now. The worst part is that i know DJI Pilot can work with Lightbridge, i know because if DJI gave me Lightbridge specs i could make iPhone app that works. What bothers me is that DJI has at least 20 or more programers in their company and they still cant make something like IOS app for Lightbridge thats on the Apple appstore. Something tells me they dont want to waste time updating this LB app, but instead focus on making DJI Pilot app for all their products, and that makes sense. I hope they release something soon.

i have Inspire 1 and S1000+, and wish my s1000+ with LB has all those cool features Inspire has, and it can only if DJI Pilot would work with LB

I also wish that DJI makes controllers that work with LB, like for Inspire 1, so we dont have to get Futabas and shit, and use Inspire 1 controllers for S1000+ LB setup

@Tahoe ED, i have a question, just to see if you read this Joking, i want to know where can i buy that DJI strap to carry S1000 in hand? I use belt right now
2015-7-19
Use props
GerryPacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Ozren Posted at 2015-7-19 20:38
Hey Mark,

Yes i get your frustation, we are in the same boat. I am a software programer, for 15 yea ...

Hi, I got my S1000+ a couple of days ago and I do have serious problems with my lightbridge / app communicatoin. The IOS App (ipad mini, iphone 6 or ipad air) freezes all the time and no telemetry data and liveview will be shown once the bird is in the air for a while. Did you make the same experiences? Regards, Gerry
2015-7-22
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

No, my Lightbridge works as advertized, make sure you connected the cables as instructed. If nothing works, try dji support and return it.
2015-7-23
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

Btw i also have ipad air 2 and iphone 6, app works and image is stable.
2015-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules