DJI Fly 1.2.2 still not in Play Store
3389 13 2021-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lacibaci
Second Officer
Flight distance : 235682 ft
United States

Is there a reason why DJI Fly 1.2.2 is still not in Google Play Store?
2021-1-6
Use props
djiuser_267jcyL97zif
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15738737 ft
Bulgaria

Speculating, but it can be DJI being in the US entity list.
2021-1-6
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can get it from the DJI website.

https://www.dji.com/uk/mobile/mini-2/downloads
2021-1-6
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Previously all DJI drone firmware was from the app stores, "lacibaci" was wondering why the change and not necessarily how to do it.
1) Google should scan all Apps for spyware, trojans, etc.; if we side load the update most say it is unwise to do.
2) If the App is safe and tested it should be posted in the Google Play store, not just DJI website, if not why?
2021-1-6
Use props
lacibaci
Second Officer
United States

videoeditman Posted at 1-6 11:59
Previously all DJI drone firmware was from the app stores, "lacibaci" was wondering why the change and not necessarily how to do it.
1) Google should scan all Apps for spyware, trojans, etc.; if we side load the update most say it is unwise to do.
2) If the App is safe and tested it should be posted in the Google Play store, not just DJI website, if not why?

I know I can side load it, but I'd like to avoid it if possible.
2021-1-6
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 460676 ft
United States

For some reason it is taking a long time to appear on the Google Play Store.
I also wonder about security and the recent inability of DJI to buy US tech, but they are ok with Apple, which has the same restrictions.

My guess is they just lag getting it up there behind the Apple thing by awhile, but it is strange that it is this long.
2021-1-6
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

My guess is that it is a holdup on Google's side, not DJI.  If the Android version wasn't ready, they wouldn't have it posted and easily downloadable via the DJI website.  As others have posited, it could be that it has something to do with them being added to the Entity List.

I personally don't understand the concern with downloading the APK directly from the manufacturer.  Now if it was downloading it from a 3rd party, I can see the concern with that.  
2021-1-6
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you can't accept it from DJI direct, then I'm out of here !
2021-1-6
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Get it from dji.com

Noticed that the google play store isn't mensioned anymore on the dji.com website either.

I got the feeling we have to get the software straight from dji from now on.
2021-1-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lacibaci Posted at 1-6 14:31
I know I can side load it, but I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Many people don't even know how to side load things and many don't want to know also
2021-1-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2021-1-7
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Sideloading apps can be dangerous even from a well known web site like DJI. Who knows what controls and protections may have been circumvented, either accidentally or intentionally. The Play Store publication process performs a number of scans and tests on all releases to try to protect end-users from these issues (not always successfully, but better than nothing). Not publishing the app update, after all this time, in the Play Store does raise some flags to those of us who care about this kind of thing.
2021-1-7
Use props
djiuser_267jcyL97zif
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15738737 ft
Bulgaria

People prefer the app store, because it have auto updates. If you install it manually from the site next time you need to manually update it as well.

Btw the latest version of DJI Mimo for the Osmo mobile, is available in the Samsung's Galaxy store,  but not in the Google Play.
2021-1-7
Use props
lacibaci
Second Officer
United States

Can anyone from DJI clarify? I would really like to try the new firmware but without the new app it a no go.
2021-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules