DJI Care Refresh+: do or don't?
1769 27 2021-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geeforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30128 ft
Netherlands

I received my new mini 2 to. Only opened the box, did NOT power on anything, or install anything yet. I just read about DJI Care Refresh+.
Not sure if I need that or not. This will be my first drone, so maybe it is wise.

I could use some advise here, thanks. Pros, cons? Usefull?

Thanks.

2021-1-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just in case something goes wrong.....so my advice   buy it.   

If you need any help to get comfort in flying, do ask.

cheers
JJB
2021-1-6
Use props
Robert20
lvl.4
Flight distance : 976798 ft
Netherlands

You spend €599 (or €499), so what means €49 for just in case of?
2021-1-6
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Netherlands

Indeed, but I was more curious about experiences with it. Already got some positive replies on an other forum. Thanks. Going to buy it.
2021-1-6
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

actually what you should get is dji care refresh, the dji care refresh+ is for the second year and can only be bought if you have an active dji care refresh i think
2021-1-6
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Netherlands

sbonev Posted at 1-6 13:09
actually what you should get is dji care refresh, the dji care refresh+ is for the second year and can only be bought if you have an active dji care refresh i think

In the meantime I know you are right about the PLUS part, that is only to extend. So in fact I was asking about "DJI Care Refresh", as I didn't know that yet.
2021-1-6
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

How much does it cost. Is it for the second year.
2021-1-6
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Geeforce Posted at 1-6 13:11
In the meantime I know you are right about the PLUS part, that is only to extend. So in fact I was asking about "DJI Care Refresh", as I didn't know that yet.

well the others told you already. the price is nothing compared to the benefits it provides.
2021-1-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geeforce Posted at 1-6 13:11
In the meantime I know you are right about the PLUS part, that is only to extend. So in fact I was asking about "DJI Care Refresh", as I didn't know that yet.

yep one year.  get it!  sounds like you already made the decision.  i believe this page is current:  https://store.dji.com/guides/dji ... om=app-shop-content
2021-1-6
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

It’s not that expensive and if it were me I would buy it .. I’ve bought it with three drones
2021-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Geeforce. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. The DJI Care Refresh 1-Year Plan ( DJI Mini 2 ). Provides two replacement units for a small additional charge in one year and covers a wide variety of accidents, giving you greater peace of mind. For additional reference I will post a link where in you can find the Frequently Asked Question for the DJI Care Refresh 1-Year Plan ( DJI Mini 2 ). Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/nl/service/djicare-refresh/info#faq
2021-1-6
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thank you all for your information. Short story: buy it or you could regret it.
2021-1-7
Use props
Windeath69
lvl.1
Australia

I'm a noob to flying also. I just literally bought this. Here in Australia the base unit is $750AUD and it just cost me $79AUD for Care Refresh. Worth it!
2021-1-7
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Netherlands

Windeath69 Posted at 1-7 00:38
I'm a noob to flying also. I just literally bought this. Here in Australia the base unit is $750AUD and it just cost me $79AUD for Care Refresh. Worth it!

Did you buy the Care online at DJI.com?
2021-1-7
Use props
Windeath69
lvl.1
Australia

Geeforce Posted at 1-7 00:46
Did you buy the Care online at DJI.com?

Yep. I just received the invoice :-)   
2021-1-7
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

I am most probably going to pass on Care Refresh with Mini 2, like I did with Mavic Pro in 2017. Still flying the same bird
2021-1-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

some people think about what it feels like to crash a drone and can't sleep at night while they are without their drone.  care refresh takes away some of the pain.
some people think about the hit to their wallet when they watch their hard-earned dollars sinking in the neighborhood pond.   care refresh lightens the financial burden that literally freaks some people out when they think about flushing away their money.
some people think about just being whole and the shock that we experience when we encounter sudden changes to our life.  just yesterday you were flying and having fun and today, you are holding onto a remote control and a bunch of batteries and drone broken in half...meaning you literally have nothing.  care refresh provides the continuity that people depend on and bridges that gap cause by sudden and catastrophic change to your life that comes out of nowhere and is totally out of your control which to some is a horrible feeling.
some people know what it's like to kick yourself over something stupid you've done and the way you second guess your actions and which you had done it another way.  i should have went home after my 3rd battery, i should have turned around when i heard the beeps, i should have paid more attention to the wind.  care refresh helps those who have a hard time getting over their mistakes and those who are overly self-critical.  

i wish we could get a care refresh package for the country; could use one right about now.  
2021-1-8
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

The Saint Posted at 1-8 13:34
some people think about what it feels like to crash a drone and can't sleep at night while they are without their drone.  care refresh takes away some of the pain.
some people think about the hit to their wallet when they watch their hard-earned dollars sinking in the neighborhood pond.   care refresh lightens the financial burden that literally freaks some people out when they think about flushing away their money.
some people think about just being whole and the shock that we experience when we encounter sudden changes to our life.  just yesterday you were flying and having fun and today, you are holding onto a remote control and a bunch of batteries and drone broken in half...meaning you literally have nothing.  care refresh provides the continuity that people depend on and bridges that gap cause by sudden and catastrophic change to your life that comes out of nowhere and is totally out of your control which to some is a horrible feeling.

That is a very philosophical reply
2021-1-8
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

i wish we could get a care refresh package for the country; could use one right about now.

Oh, that's good...
2021-1-8
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

Hmm. Looks like I won't be able to get a Care Refresh even if I wanted to. The official DJI store in Oslo (where I ordered the drone) offers a 2-year-plan at 50% discount,
https://djioslo.no/produkt/dji-care/dji-care-mini-2-code-2-year/
but they only send the code by email during their opening hours between 10 and 18. I activated my Mini 2 on Friday evening, so by the time I get the code, I won't be able to activate it (can a DJI mod confirm this?), as the 48-hour window expires on Sunday evening. And buying it through the app and the international DJI store would mean that I won't be buying it within the same county.
2021-1-9
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Netherlands

As far as I understood from support:

- Care refresh can be bought after 48 hours. But it will take you into a (long) proces of flying and filming to proof your drone is 100% ok.
- I bought my drone in a online webshop in The Netherlands, and bought the Care Refresh online in DJI store. You have to select in the upper right corner you country. If I look into my account, I see indeed it for The Netherlands.
2021-1-9
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Care refresh have a trick...if your drone collapse in water and sinks....you are fxxed...with or without DJI Care...as they ask for drone in order to repair or change....so WHY BOTHER ????
2021-1-9
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Norway

George210477 Posted at 1-9 07:01
Care refresh have a trick...if your drone collapse in water and sinks....you are fxxed...with or without DJI Care...as they ask for drone in order to repair or change....so WHY BOTHER ????

Indeed. My two biggest scares are a fly-away and the drone taking a swim in the fjord (as you can see from my avatar, there is a lot of opportunity for that around). And neither of these scenarios are covered. And if the drone malfunctions and is recoverable, there is a 2-year warranty under the Norwegian consumer law.
2021-1-10
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had to return a faulty Mini2 right out of the box - not taking off due to imu and power system errors . The web site did not seem to allow me to return it other than through using my care refresh plus. I had to pay £45 and lost a care refresh claim through a faulty drone at the outset. This was despite making DJI aware of this at the outset. Despite escalating this they still refused to refund my payment and reinstate my claim. Be warned and be careful if arranging a return. I am generally pretty pleased with DJI but feel let down this time.
2021-1-10
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Mullheliflier Posted at 1-10 06:03
I had to return a faulty Mini2 right out of the box - not taking off due to imu and power system errors . The web site did not seem to allow me to return it other than through using my care refresh plus. I had to pay £45 and lost a care refresh claim through a faulty drone at the outset. This was despite making DJI aware of this at the outset. Despite escalating this they still refused to refund my payment and reinstate my claim. Be warned and be careful if arranging a return. I am generally pretty pleased with DJI but feel let down this time.

This is why better shop from your country...there are Customer Protection laws that will be applied.
Here they need to fix it in 15 days...and if is having problems 3 times and get serviced, i can ask a full refund at money paid for new.
2021-1-10
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Netherlands

Mullheliflier Posted at 1-10 06:03

Very Wierd, that should be warranty, nothing to do with Care refresh.
2021-1-10
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

George210477 Posted at 1-10 08:16
This is why better shop from your country...there are Customer Protection laws that will be applied.
Here they need to fix it in 15 days...and if is having problems 3 times and get serviced, i can ask a full refund at money paid for new.

That is what I thought and quoted my customer rights, but they still would not refund me :-(
2021-1-10
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geeforce Posted at 1-10 11:39
Very Wierd, that should be warranty, nothing to do with Care refresh.

I agree but DJI disappointingly do not :-(. They claim I should not use care refresh, but the website directed me straight to it without any other option.
2021-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules