12Next >
9891 40 2021-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

How many use the blue push pin for a travel location. I started using it and it works great.
I never seen anyone ever talk about it. I think it's a hidden little secret.
Doug

Explanation. Read post 3 below.
2021-1-6
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

A little more detail what you are talking about please.
2021-1-6
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

K6CCC Posted at 1-6 17:40

If you go to where you can change map style and look up and see the H with a curdle around it . Click on it  and then touch anywhere in the map it leaves a  blue push pin and zoom out and point you drone directions arrow toward it and fly to the blue push pin. Then if you want touch somewhere else and then fly to the pushpin again. .
2021-1-6
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Is it something like sliding your finger onto the FPV screen? Nobody does it... except when they eventually do they'll find out
2021-1-6
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

m80116 Posted at 1-6 18:43
Is it something like sliding your finger onto the FPV screen? Nobody does it... except when they eventually do they'll find out

No not sliding your finger. Wherever you tsp the screen it puts a push pin. Like a cross road, build, ,, anything then fly to the push pin tap somewhere else and the push pin moves to that location then you can fly to that location.  I did that today and flew to my friends house.  
You don’t get so confused when flying.
2021-1-6
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

What you are actually talking about and doing is changing the home point, this has been discussed as a way of getting around but in the event of a real RTH situation can be very troublesome.
2021-1-6
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 1-6 19:28
What you are actually talking about and doing is changing the home point, this has been discussed as a way of getting around but in the event of a real RTH situation can be very troublesome.

I don’t think it changes the home point because before I take off I add the push pin and then take off
With setting the push pin at a location on the map the H  ware I take off is still there.
Ok I just went and checked it. I tried it two ways. I first set the pushpin then took off and it flew back to the home point.   Then I took off and and flew away then set the push pin at a different location away. Then did a RTH it flew to my takeoff point not the push pin.
The push pin is just a location on the map to fly to manually.
To change RTH you have to go to safety and scroll down to change RTH location to where the controller is.
So would someone else try this and verify what I am doing.
Doug
2021-1-6
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

ABeardedItalian Posted at 1-6 19:28

I just went and checked it again. Added the pushpin at a different location. Then did a RTH and it went to the original point of where I took off.
I tried it again after flying 140 feet away and then added the pushpin at a different location and then did a RTH it did not go to the push pin but went to its home takeoff point.
I’m not talking about going into Safety settings and changing the RTH point.
I hope I explain what I was doing so someone can explain how I am doing it.
On a full screen map on the right side there are map boxes to touch.
It’s the one below the erase button. It is a black circle with the H in it surrounded by a larger circle.
It is not a the RTH yellow circle.  
2021-1-6
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

K6CCC Posted at 1-6 17:40

Any way I can phone you.
I have a couple questions to ask you.
The message section of this app is shut off.
Doug
2021-1-6
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
United States

I just sent you a PM with my phone number.
2021-1-7
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

If I'm understanding this correctly, you are putting a pin on the map and manually flying the drone to the pin using the map as a guide, touch the map again, new pin. The Mini is not automagically flying to the location on the map.   I agree this is a nice way to fly and if I'm wrong, holy-cow that's pretty damn cool.
2021-1-7
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

Porktree Posted at 1-7 13:13
If I'm understanding this correctly, you are putting a pin on the map and manually flying the drone to the pin using the map as a guide, touch the map again, new pin. The Mini is not automagically flying to the location on the map.   I agree this is a nice way to fly and if I'm wrong, holy-cow that's pretty damn cool.

You are absolutely correct.
That way you can fly to a location. And if that location for example a house in a large subdivision you can fly to it without all the confusion trying to find the house.  I think it’s a really cool way to fly and it also saves on battery time. Just zoom out until you can see both the drone direction arrow and the pinpoint and rotate toward it and fly to it. Make sure you are at a safe height.
It would be nice if DJI would allow more pinpoints in the map at one time.
Doug
And It doesn’t Chang the RTH point.
I just found it and will be using it often.
Try it.
Doug
2021-1-7
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

K6CCC Posted at 1-7 07:50
I just sent you a PM with my phone number.

I sent you an email. You sent your email but there is no phone number in the PM you sent.
Doug
2021-1-7
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Seems quite nifty that does and will more than likely come in handy for a fair few drone pilots, i was wondering why it was placing a blue pin down, guess i know why now.
2021-1-7
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

mark117h Posted at 1-7 14:26
Seems quite nifty that does and will more than likely come in handy for a fair few drone pilots, i was wondering why it was placing a blue pin down, guess i know why now.

Once you try it you will like it. It’s hard to believe know one has done it before.
It really helps for new flyers in congested areas.
2021-1-7
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
United States

Donut Posted at 1-7 13:26
I sent you an email. You sent your email but there is no phone number in the PM you sent.
Doug

That's interesting.  I just looked at the PM.  There was no E-Mail, but my phone number was there along with what times I would be available.  I have not received an E-Mail from you.
2021-1-7
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

K6CCC Posted at 1-7 20:51
That's interesting.  I just looked at the PM.  There was no E-Mail, but my phone number was there along with what times I would be available.  I have not received an E-Mail from you.

That’s strange. Just sent you another email.
2021-1-7
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
United States

Donut Posted at 1-7 20:55
That’s strange. Just sent you another email.

Curious what address you sent it to, since I have not sent it to you.
I wonder why you are not seeing the PMs that I sent via this forum.
2021-1-7
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

K6CCC Posted at 1-7 21:08
Curious what address you sent it to, since I have not sent it to you.
I wonder why you are not seeing the PMs that I sent via this forum.

I have no idea what’s going on , did you get my number
2021-1-7
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
United States

Donut Posted at 1-7 21:11
I have no idea what’s going on , did you get my number

No, but it gets even stranger.  It shows that the last activity was from you 5 minutes ago, but there is no message.  Try k6ccc@amsat.org (it's real easy to find with a Google search)
2021-1-7
Use props
aeronaut54
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279547 ft
Australia

Donut Posted at 1-6 20:36
I just went and checked it again. Added the pushpin at a different location. Then did a RTH and it went to the original point of where I took off.
I tried it again after flying 140 feet away and then added the pushpin at a different location and then did a RTH it did not go to the push pin but went to its home takeoff point.
I’m not talking about going into Safety settings and changing the RTH point.

Yes, I was looking at that myself. I haven't been out to try it yet but it will be handy.
Thanks for that.
2021-1-7
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

useful in some situations ... i named this ' user reference marker '   .... could be more useful if DJI could enable the drone to fly by itself to a marker.  You could manually fly your drone to the desired altitude then order your drone to fly to a marker and wait there when the destination is reached.
2021-1-8
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

Flaming Posted at 1-8 06:17
useful in some situations ... i named this ' user reference marker '   .... could be more useful if DJI could enable the drone to fly by itself to a marker.  You could manually fly your drone to the desired altitude then order your drone to fly to a marker and wait there when the destination is reached.

Yea that would be ok but then it would take the fun away lol  id rather be able to put multiple pin so we could make a corse.  It’s still nice to have.
Doug
2021-1-8
Use props
djiuser_8Ex29O4Wvy22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15056598 ft
Mexico

Donut Posted at 1-6 17:48
If you go to where you can change map style and look up and see the H with a curdle around it . Click on it  and then touch anywhere in the map it leaves a  blue push pin and zoom out and point you drone directions arrow toward it and fly to the blue push pin. Then if you want touch somewhere else and then fly to the pushpin again. .

That's really cool. For the last two weeks I've been changing this blue pin around in different places and had no idea what the point of it was. Honestly, my first thought was that it was some sort of rapid way to change your home location so I didn't mess with it too much. This will definitely come in handy when going to specific places, thanks for pointing it out!
2021-2-9
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_8Ex29O4Wvy22 Posted at 2-9 21:26
That's really cool. For the last two weeks I've been changing this blue pin around in different places and had no idea what the point of it was. Honestly, my first thought was that it was some sort of rapid way to change your home location so I didn't mess with it too much. This will definitely come in handy when going to specific places, thanks for pointing it out!

i know it’s pretty cool and i’m guessing 90% out there don’t even know it exist. you can pre set it before you take off let’s say to a certain house or location let’s say among many homes and just fly direct to it. i was surprised know one has mentioned it i use it all the time.
Glade you like it.
Doug
2021-2-9
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Is this pin intended for this "function" (or even documented?) Or is it your invention? ;-) ? To be honest, I also wondered what it was for and never used it. In the Litchi app it is clear that the pin marks a target to which the drone will AUTOMATICALLY fly. I call it "Waypoint Follow".

2021-2-10
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

jonny007 Posted at 2-10 11:11
Is this pin intended for this "function" (or even documented?) Or is it your invention? ;-) ? To be honest, I also wondered what it was for and never used it. In the Litchi app it is clear that the pin marks a target to which the drone will AUTOMATICALLY fly. I call it "Waypoint Follow".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IHntjcJYBs

It’s similar to the one in Dji Fly app but you have to manually have to fly to the place you put the blue pin..
I don’t know anything about the Litchi app.
But I see in the Litchi it automatically flies to the blue pin.
2021-2-10
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Yes, exactly like an autopilot, but real waypoint missions with multiple points are not yet implemented for the Mini. But I rarely use it in the Litchi app and never in the flyapp. But you are right, it can be a good orientation if you want to fly to a place that you might not find immediately if you just fly over there. We have a lot of fish ponds here. If I want to fly exactly to the red marked one, it is definitely easier with the pin, otherwise I fly to the wrong one. ;-)

2021-2-10
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

jonny007 Posted at 2-10 12:03
Yes, exactly like an autopilot, but real waypoint missions with multiple points are not yet implemented for the Mini. But I rarely use it in the Litchi app and never in the flyapp. But you are right, it can be a good orientation if you want to fly to a place that you might not find immediately if you just fly over there. We have a lot of fish ponds here. If I want to fly exactly to the red marked one, it is definitely easier with the pin, otherwise I fly to the wrong one. ;-)

[view_image]

I agree I just think it’s a hidden gem in the fly apps and it is great for beginners for practice.
Doug
2021-2-10
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Donut Michigan Posted at 2-10 12:09
I agree I just think it’s a hidden gem in the fly apps and it is great for beginners for practice.
Doug

Absolutely brilliant, many thanks Doug! Often wondered what this button did but was always too afraid to press it in case it messed something up haha. Really useful little feature I'm sure not that many users know about..
2021-2-10
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

BaliSkies Posted at 2-10 16:13
Absolutely brilliant, many thanks Doug! Often wondered what this button did but was always too afraid to press it in case it messed something up haha. Really useful little feature I'm sure not that many users know about..

2021-2-10
Use props
djiuser_QoPlJ9Ugh3jA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 210138 ft
United States

Would be nice if DJI included waypoints and set an automatic course. Even my cheap $200 drone can do this...
2021-2-10
Use props
Vitruvius
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22556 ft
Canada

Just found this by accident. Seems like it could be useful. It would be nice it it provided location information for the pin so you could record it or save it.
Could this be a map version of the Point Of Interest pin? Just sold my P3P and bought the mini 3 pro. I will try this out and see if the POI features work for the map pin as well. That would be perfect because the camera view POI isn’t always accurate from a map coordinate perspective (can drift).
Really hoping they release the SDK soon for I can use my DroneDeploy for mapping to photogrammetry without permits.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_oiDQ3ZM8y8Y6
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Donut Posted at 2021-1-7 13:24
You are absolutely correct.
That way you can fly to a location. And if that location for example a house in a large subdivision you can fly to it without all the confusion trying to find the house.  I think it’s a really cool way to fly and it also saves on battery time. Just zoom out until you can see both the drone direction arrow and the pinpoint and rotate toward it and fly to it. Make sure you are at a safe height.
It would be nice if DJI would allow more pinpoints in the map at one time.

Hi, new flyer here. I found the blue pin easy to use! But is there away your can have a line to follow… like the RTH one is red?
2022-10-31
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

It also shows NFZ and warning zones.
2022-10-31
Use props
Jake
lvl.1

United States

I inadvertently put a push pin on my map. How do you remove the push pin without flying to it?
2023-3-5
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Jake@PL Posted at 3-5 13:27
I inadvertently put a push pin on my map. How do you remove the push pin without flying to it?

Ignore it. It is nothing more than a marker.
2023-3-5
Use props
djiuser_oHovkm30iZXr
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Now what would be really useful is to set the drone to fly to the pin. Whilst I agree this is kinda helpful, it's no different than just using the map with the vague exception of not having to keep zooming in and out on the map to check where drone actually is...not really a feature. Pleeeeease DJI, I know for mini 2 SE we can't have waypointS, but can we at least have ONE please !
2023-10-30
Use props
djiuser_oHovkm30iZXr
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-5 13:34
Ignore it. It is nothing more than a marker.

Agreed....need to be able to set as waypoint then it would be helpful...
2023-10-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_oHovkm30iZXr Posted at 10-30 07:30
Agreed....need to be able to set as waypoint then it would be helpful...

Bearing in mind this thread relates to a Mavic Mini, is waypoints available via the fly app for the Mavic Mini ?
2023-10-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules