Feature Request : Dj Om4 Magnetic built in case for select phones.
1439 2 2021-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InsaneMembrane
lvl.1
India

Hi,

The magnetic feature is great BUT there are still some of us that worry too much. It would be good to have a Case that has a built in DJ Om 4 compatible magnetic ring. this would keep some folks like me, less worried about the sticker version of the mount. as some phones the clamp just is bit small or big ( yes the padded sticker is there but still vary of using it, like all thing stickers never know when they loose their stickiness)

* good to have a small tether that can fix to the DJ om 4
* The case could have the magnetic ring built in  so no need of third party covers, ( just makes something in collaboration with a case maker like spigen, case u etc) can have the DJI branding.

This would mean that i always have a ready phone with the ring holder clamp built in as well as not worry about phone protection as well.
Cheers and Keep Balancing

2021-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there InsaneMembrane. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information. I will cascade and forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on the DJI Mavic Mini, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2021-1-7
Use props
DonGuido
lvl.3
Flight distance : 532028 ft
United Kingdom

I agree, on the instructions it is said that you should not attach it to a case.
Which means that upgrading from OM3 is not worth it. As you don't want to put you phone with magnetic clamps on your pocket, and doing so will take the clamps out of the correct place.

I went against the instruction and sticked to the protective case, it is a mix of rubber and hard shell, stays firm on device.
first you put the rubber inner part, than the hardshell on top of it.

This way I have the protection and the magnetic ring whenever I need it, and still can use the wireless charging of my phone by just taking of the case.

*yeah, for those who don't know, the magnetic ring prevents my wireless charger from charging the phone.
edit¹: the downside of the magnetic ring over the case, is that it does not fit on mavic mini 2 controller, i have to remove the case
2021-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules