Active tracking drift
4281 14 2021-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BattleBorn Productions
lvl.2
United States

I have a new Ronin RS2 pro combo, and my active track drifts.

Equipment:
Ronin RS2 (with Raven eye, and the focus motor is used to control zoom)
Sony A6400 with 18-135mm kit lense
iPad Pro (2nd gen) running the Ronin app connected to the Raveneye

I am using this setup at our church as a PTZ, and during the teaching the Active Track is used to play "chase the pastor." Active track keeps up with our teachers pretty well (unless they get supper animated and juke suddenly, popping out of frame) but I'm having a problem with the system drifting. The AT will follow the pastor sufficiently as they move across the stage (follow speed is set to 2), but when they stop, the gimbal slows down but continues to slowly drift in the same direction until the subject is right on the edge of the frame. AT doesn't let them fall completely out of frame, but it's definitely not following the rule of thirds!

Is there a setting I can adjust that would keep the AT subject more toward the center of the frame? Is this a problem with being zoomed in to far (probably 120-135mm)? I'm having to shoot over the audience, so I'm using most if not all of the lense to frame the teacher from the waist up.

Thank you in advance for any help and advice y'all can offer.

2021-1-7
Use props
BattleBorn Productions
lvl.2
United States

Anybody? Bueller?
2021-1-8
Use props
jshebert
New

United States

Hi there!

Unfortunately I’m not here with an answer, but to let you know I’m having the exact same problem as you using an RSC 2 pro kit with a black magic PCC4k.
I would love to hear an answer from the DJI team if there is a software update coming.

I have balanced, rebalanced, and gotten thinner wires. It helps a little but the tracking just seems to get lazy. It even jitters and shakes a bit while drifting instead of just stopping.
2021-4-18
Use props
Squidy666
lvl.2
Australia

Same issue here also, I get my wife to walk around and it tracks then sometimes just keeps going if she stops... even though its on a low speed it will sometimes freak out and speed up considerably and spin in a fast speed.

I dont use this feature much myself but it would be nice to use it successfully at some point
2021-4-18
Use props
OTCIndustries
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30886 ft
United States

Same here. Only half the time I get no response from my gimbal when active track is enabled.
2021-4-21
Use props
BattleBorn Productions
lvl.2
United States

Yeah, it would be nice for a DJI admin to at least acknowledge this post. Y’all don’t even have to admit there’s a problem, just recognize those of us faithfully using one of the more expensive systems on the market who are struggling with your software, and say you’ll look into it.
2021-4-21
Use props
James Parris
New

United States

Same issue as Squidy. It's slightly better on a 28mm, but on a 50, it drifts heavily out of sync on lateral walking. Strangely enough, if I spin in place, it locks on a front target perfectly. Walking sideways is where it gets wonky.
2021-4-21
Use props
clognion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240135 ft
United States

Same here. I have the RS2 on a Rhino Slider.  For the most part, it's usable, but I would like to keep a close-up interview properly framed.  I've been trying to adjust settings but I keep getting the same drifting issue.  When it gets to the end of the slider, it will drift a few inches and not fully correct.   Hello DJI...Hello????
2022-4-6
Use props
CLanzieri
New

United States

I'm having the same issue with my RSC 2. the active track drifts on the pan access. Sometimes it will also start shaking side to side like it's saying, 'no'. Ive checked the balance and reduced my follow speed but to no avail. The Gimbal is fantastic but right now I'm regretting upgrading to the RavenEye
2022-4-8
Use props
djiuser_OhXad8qlC34Q
lvl.2

United States

I am having the same issue with drift. The rs2 will track our speaker and will over shoot once they stop walking. Is there a fix to keep the subject centered?
2022-4-26
Use props
djiuser_OhXad8qlC34Q
lvl.2

United States

I am having the same issue with drift. The rs2 will track our speaker and will over shoot once they stop walking. Is there a fix to keep the subject centered?
2022-4-26
Use props
APC-R User
lvl.2

United States

Here's an example of what I'm experiencing.
2022-4-27
Use props
hali36
New

United States

I have a Ronin S , of course with the new software update 2.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.9. ha, i have a canon eos r6 with canon lens rf 24-105 , with the motor focus using it for the zoom , i got a mic on top of the camera , i have the extra battery pack on the bottom, and a the small rig mini matte box lite on the front of the lens and a got a galaxy note 9 running the ronin app . i understand it might be a bit much of a over kill or that it might be on the edge of the weight limit , but im thinking its around 6 lbs, and max recommended is 8. its harder to balance it out with the stuff on it. i honestly think its a balance problem atleast for me . i seen the video of aprc-user and atleast his is staying within the parameters of the subject. mine starts doing a whole 360 around the axis. its balanced enough to stay in place when its turned off . i cant do the 45 degree test up and down , due to it colapsing either forward of backwords. i cant lower the tilt any more i have it all the way down . when i start the active tracking it. i select the subject and it used to start drifting as soon i selected the subject but then i got it working , but then i added all the new stuff and when select the subject it keeps it and doesnt drift right away but once the move even a foot it continues to go the same direction .what im experiencing
2022-5-27
Use props
hali36
New

United States

https://youtu.be/pvu6hWXozcQ
2022-5-27
Use props
djiuser_kiB6IQxqUk7f
New

United States

Ok so for anyone who is still having this issue... I was able to figure most of it out. Its wonky but for the most part it works.

There are multiple variables:
1. You need to stiffen up your Pan motor. With a 11-20 on a ASPC camera, it auto tuned to 47 stiffness. I put it up to 55. (On a 50mm I stiffened the motor to 60)
2. You need to get the proper speed for your focal length. With an 11-20 set to 11, 20 would still cause drift, 17 did the trick. (On a 50mm I set the auto track speed to 10)
3. Lastly, you cannot start your auto tracking from off center. You need to move into the center THEN activate auto track and it should work fine.

I am not sure if this matters, but for the user profile I set the max speed to medium and the  smoothness to medium
Hope this helps anyone having the same issue..

Cheers
2023-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules