o(^-^)o
Kirin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 455942 ft

Slovakia

Hello everyone
I´m relatively new with this drone and i have a issue
I bought a Phantom 3 ADV - not new one
The seller told me about the gimbal, it didnt work after the firmware upgrade and he bought new one
When i connected it with phone its showed this warning gimbal roll error
I tried update the firmware but its have the latest version
Calibrating compas and IMU was succesful, but when i try to calibrate de gimbal id didnt do anything
When the drone turn on the gimbal didnt move and just make beep-beep noise
On the screen i can see what camera see, above the camera the led is solid green
I tried to search on the net and i chcked if i found something but everything seems to be right
Anybody can help me fith this

136965851_243515993796113_6834564100675559924_n.jpg
136357365_133212145198476_7133925379937856026_n.jpg
137018037_230784085283848_7350709893445867405_n.jpg
2021-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Kirin. I am sorry to know that you are getting an gimbal roll error on your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate issue is happening and you are getting these error messages. It would be best to contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution/fix would be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2021-1-7
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Take the advice from DJI Stephen, always good.

DO NOT MESS ABOUT WITH  FIRMWARE UPDATES! Your firmware is up to date so I would suggest you do a reset of the Remote Controller and then re link it to the drone.

What device are you using the App on?
2021-1-8
Use props
Kirin
lvl.2

Slovakia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-7 21:30
Hello there Kirin. I am sorry to know that you are getting an gimbal roll error on your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate issue is happening and you are getting these error messages. It would be best to contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution/fix would be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for quick response
I do it
2021-1-8
Use props
Kirin
lvl.2

Slovakia

cheddar-man Posted at 1-8 00:45
Take the advice from DJI Stephen, always good.

DO NOT MESS ABOUT WITH  FIRMWARE UPDATES! Your firmware is up to date so I would suggest you do a reset of the Remote Controller and then re link it to the drone.

Thank you too
I can try reset the controller
Xiaomi Redmi note 8Pro
maybe its not the best for this ?
2021-1-8
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

You should be fine with the Xiaomi Kirin, it is on the DJI supported list.
2021-1-8
Use props
Kirin
lvl.2

Slovakia

thank you
you answered my question befor i can post it
i sent a mail for dji support
i just need to vait
2021-1-8
Use props
Kirin
lvl.2

Slovakia

Just a question
What if i change the roll/pitch board ?
2021-1-9
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Have you tried the  re set the controller and then re linked the controller to the drone?

When everything is turned on, what colour is the left hand light on the controller (status light) and what colour is the led on the drone near the link button? They should both be green if everything linked and working.

Also, what do the drone status lights show, the two flashing LEDs under the rear arms?
2021-1-9
Use props
Kirin
lvl.2

Slovakia

i tried it and nothing changed
near the lin button is show green led, above the camera green to and AC blinking green
and I asked the previous owner because he have a new roll board for sell
if hes tried to change it
the answear is: " when i tried to change it then gimbal woked but newer stop move, because what i found on the net is the original board have 4 digit number and the new one have 5 digit number on the end "
And this is why i thinked to change the board

2021-1-10
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

What are the lights on the controller showing, also a green on the left of the four battery lights?
2021-1-10
Use props
Kirin
lvl.2

Slovakia

yes
one green led and 3 white led
2021-1-11
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

From what I see and you're saying it would seem the drone is linked to the RC all right and it should fly.
I have no idea what the problem is with the gimbal Do you see any error messages in the App, on the screen?
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Kirin Posted at 1-8 02:15
Thank you for quick response
I do it

Hi there Kirin. You are very much welcome and if you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2021-1-11
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Have you checked to see if the roll motor shaft is loose?  There should be a grub screw that you can tighten.
2021-1-12
Use props
Kirin
lvl.2

Slovakia

cheddar-man Posted at 1-11 13:25
From what I see and you're saying it would seem the drone is linked to the RC all right and it should fly.
I have no idea what the problem is with the gimbal Do you see any error messages in the App, on the screen?

yes
i tried to fly a little and no problem
only one error message showed up, but i posted it in first post
gimbal roll error
only this one
2021-1-12
Use props
Kirin
lvl.2

Slovakia

endotherm Posted at 1-12 05:05
Have you checked to see if the roll motor shaft is loose?  There should be a grub screw that you can tighten.

yes
i checked the whole gimbal twice , but i chcecked it again now and everything seen fine
2021-1-12
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Kirin Posted at 1-12 10:11
yes
i checked the whole gimbal twice , but i chcecked it again now and everything seen fine

Make sure the ribbon cables are firmly seated, they can work loose, and that everything is free to move, the motors are not very strong.
Glad it flies!!
2021-1-13
Use props
Kirin
lvl.2

Slovakia

zop
everything can move smooth
I checked the cables and its okei
yesterday I ordered some spare parts for gimbal
hope I can manage to work