New FPV Drone Features?
706 4 2021-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rikstor
lvl.1

Russia

Being a fan of FPVs, I really think that there's special about this (infamous?) drone, especially with the way that many people are talking about it in the past couple of months. So I'm gonna make some guesses on the features based on what I've seen/read as well as based on the design itself.

I think that this drone will have a 1-axis gimbal that will have pretty much everything that the Mavics have cinematically. This will include Quickshots, Panorama, Zoom, and even ActiveTrack. I also think that this will have 4k 60 fps video mode and at least 48 MP images. HDR recording is a possibility but I'm not betting on it.

This drone will also have a 30 minute battery life which will blow most if not all current FPVs out of the water. It will most likely have some form of OccuSync technology that will allow for extended range without transmission breakup. As for latency, I don't think that there will be any changes which is why I believe that this will not be a full acro drone. Will it be able to do dives and flips? Probably, but it's probably going to be an "advanced mode" that can be accessed throght the RC.

As this drone will be a closed system, many parts WILL be modular BUT you may be forced to go all-DJI when it comes to repair and spare parts. However, I think that these parts will be easy to attach and detach and would not require complicated wiring and soldering. Price-wise, this can go as high as $1,500 bucks.

So what do you think? Did I miss anything out or anything where I might be wrong?

2021-1-7
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

You might find out tomorrow.
2021-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rikstor. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. Again thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2021-1-7
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 383635 ft
Thailand

i'm not so sure a FPV Drone from DJI makes much sense, since these things are not exactly crash-resistant and spare parts are hard to come by or they are expensive.
trust me: YOU WILL CRASH ! its not a matter of if but a matter of when ;)
2021-1-8
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The latest rumor I heard is the FPV aircraft wont be out until after Chinese New Year sometime... So it probably won't be today.
2021-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules