Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Air unit "Slow SD" Error
5663 9 2021-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nullx8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 383635 ft
Thailand

my DJI Air Unit keeps complaining about "Slow SD" and stops recording.

i tried even 150mbit/s Sd Cards .. and the results are not really better.

in fact if i put in a 6 year old 2GB Class 4 SD card, the result is the same, it does record first, and then stops recording after some time. with the "Slow SD" error.

i tried formating the card in the computer first and then in the Air Unit, this sort of delayed the effect but it does still happen.

any idea how to fix this ?

2021-1-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there nullx8. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different supported SD card listed below to see if the issue will still persist? Thank you.

2021-1-8
Use props
piospark
lvl.1
Poland

in my case SanDisk Ultra (grey/red) 64GB solved the issue, at least until now; the faster but smaller SanDisk Extreme (gold/red) 32GB caused the error to pop up
2021-1-8
Use props
Kryml Munsta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185262 ft
  • >>>
Germany

is your Air Unit on the latest firmware?
There was a bug "SDCARD SLOW" several fw versions ago, but this has been fixed
2021-1-8
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

There are massive threads on here about this issue, people have tried everything to fix this problem, I had no issues on 2 quads then my most recent quad started giving slow sd card, using the exact same sd cards that worked perfectly in the other air units, seems to be random or flight controller related
2021-1-9
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

Bezik Posted at 1-9 02:46
There are massive threads on here about this issue, people have tried everything to fix this problem, I had no issues on 2 quads then my most recent quad started giving slow sd card, using the exact same sd cards that worked perfectly in the other air units, seems to be random or flight controller related

yes i agree, especially since the air using takes almost any SD card, even a class 4 will do ;)
so this is sure not Card related. not to mention that I actually do use the recommended cards, or faster, since I use the same cards for the Mavic's .. so that wasn't really a issue on testing them out.

2021-1-9
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-8 01:12
Hello there nullx8. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different supported SD card listed below to see if the issue will still persist? Thank you.

[view_image]

This is Clearly a DJI hard/Software issue ! ..  the error occurs with ALL cards (including the one of your list)

however i found a workaround.

download the format tool from sdcard.org and make a "proper overwrite Format"
turn off Arming Recording and wait about 10 sec before pressing the record button.

i have tested this method for a week now and made about 70 recordings without an SD error.

then today i formatted one SD card because i forgot to delete the files after moving them,
once i executed the format via the googles, i could make 1 flight and on the second flight, i got the SD card error again.
2021-2-7
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

nullx8 Posted at 2-7 10:03
This is Clearly a DJI hard/Software issue ! ..  the error occurs with ALL cards (including the one of your list)

i always use the sd card formatting tool but i havent tried waiting 10 seconds before starting the record, ill give that a go when the weather gets better and i can fly
2021-2-7
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

nullx8 Posted at 2-7 10:03
This is Clearly a DJI hard/Software issue ! ..  the error occurs with ALL cards (including the one of your list)

sorry
after reading it again i think i may have been missleading about this.

i mean't like
-power up
- wait the 10 sec
- press record .. and then do whatever arming or disarming will not interrupt recording at all.

just the auto-record on arm somehow does. thats why i suggested it to turn it off.
i just wait until i see the OSD updates (which suggests a proper startup is complete) and count a few sec from there that worked perfectly. until i dared to format the card again with the googles .. LOL?

before i was just moving the files off the card, and deleted the DCIM folder after

i did cut yesterday my rates by about 40% .. to make the flight smoother and reduce EXPO.
and then tried to make some flips which went terrible ... so i crashed about 20 times on the grass before i got re-ajusted to the new rates.

the Air Unit made a single recording of me constantly crashing, disarming, turtle mode, arming, re-arming flying crashing .. repeat ;)
no issues at all (i guess thats a good stress test)

2021-2-8
Use props
SunshynFF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30010 ft
United States

nullx8 Posted at 2021-2-8 02:50
sorry
after reading it again i think i may have been missleading about this.

I know this is an older thread and you found the fix, but I just wanted to add, I didn't have to download the format tool, just always format your sd cards while they are in the air unit, via the settings through the goggles, and turn auto record off, and that's what fixed it for me, and a couple people I fly with.  
2022-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules