Pocket 2 activation / USB-C problem
3073 9 2021-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gazoo Gazoo
lvl.1
France

I got my osmo pocket 2 from 2 weeks now.
Unfortunally I think the USB-C connector is not working, or something else.
I can't activate my product in USB-C.
I've got a Xiaomi note 8 pro.
MIMO app neither pop up when I connect the pocket 2 nor open the activation method when I connect it with my phone.
I've reinstalled (after cleaning the cache) MIMO and reseted my pocket 2 maybe 10 times ... Still can't activate my product.
So I just can't use my pocket 2 with all the app possibilities ...

I'm quite disappointed, frustrated ...

2021-1-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Gazoo Gazoo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Xiaomi Note 8 Pro ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said cameraand with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi Note 8 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said camera and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Pocket 2. For reference, I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Pocket 2 below. Thank you.

2021-1-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bonjour: Il parait que votre téléphone n'est pas compatible avec le Pocket 2 hélas. Or, vous pourriez emprunter la téléphone d'un(e) ami(e) afin d'activer votre Pocket2 puis, ça fonctionnera sans téléphone. La liste des téléphones compatibles est publié sur le site DJI: Cordialement.
2021-1-8
Use props
Gazoo Gazoo
lvl.1
France

Thanks for your responses guys !!
After a lot of tests, I've managed to activate my pocket 2 with an usb-c/usb-c cable and now mimo let me play with all the features
But I still can't connect directly my phone with the usb-c connector given in the box !
Can it be because the said adaptator is defective ?
2021-1-11
Use props
BVABell
lvl.2

Russia

The same problem. The S20 Ultra phone sees Pocket 2 only as a charger. With difficulty activated via cable. I think that this problem and the problem of periodic disconnection are actually caused by the same reason. Think defective Pocket 2
2021-1-11
Use props
Gazoo Gazoo
lvl.1
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-8 01:24
Hello there Gazoo Gazoo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Xiaomi Note 8 Pro ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said cameraand with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi Note 8 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said camera and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Pocket 2. For reference, I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Pocket 2 below. Thank you.

[view_image]

After a lot of tests, I've managed to activate my pocket 2 with an usb-c/usb-c cable and now mimo let me play with all the features
But I still can't connect directly my phone with the usb-c connector given in the box !
Can it be because the said adaptator is defective ? Maybe the Pocket 2 have a problem too ?
2021-1-14
Use props
Gazoo Gazoo
lvl.1
France

BVABell Posted at 1-11 23:55
The same problem. The S20 Ultra phone sees Pocket 2 only as a charger. With difficulty activated via cable. I think that this problem and the problem of periodic disconnection are actually caused by the same reason. Think defective Pocket 2

I've bought another official Usb-c adapter and my problem of connection is solved ! 10 more bucks but I can finally enjoy my pocket 2 with mimo app ! Hope it can help you !
2021-1-16
Use props
djiuser_4Ioyv0XZQrNe
New

Italy

ACTIVATION WITHOUT PHONE
1-15 10:07
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Unfortunately, you do need either an Apple or Android phone or tablet to activate the Pocket 2. However, if it could be of help, I have two threads that are about compatible and non-compatible phone and tablet models, and they also contain tips for troubleshooting activation and connection problems. The thread for the phones can be found at https://forum.dji.com/thread-235190-1-1.html and for the tablets, check out https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518

I do understand if you find this requirement frustrating, I think it easily is one of the worst aspects of the Pocket 2. However, after you're done with the activation, it can be used all by itself without a constant need to connect to a phone or a tablet, and you never need to involve with the activation process again. After that initial hassle, I have been content with my Pocket 2. If you don't own a compatible device yourself, you could try and ask to borrow a friend's or a family member's phone or tablet.

Good luck with this, I hope you find a satisfactory solution!
1-15 15:24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. We are more than glad to help. May we know what trouble are you experiencing? As HGDC84 mentioned, the camera needs to be connected to the Mimo app to be activated hence the need for a mobile device. It is to maximize the usage of the said DJI camera and to be able to use it properly. It will help us to identify the ownership for our users at least. It's also proof of the after-sales services. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
1-15 21:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules