Mini 2 & DJI Fly on iOS duplicate photo
8134 5 2021-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
s.tomaciello
lvl.1
Italy

Hello everybody,
I have an issue with Mini 2 and iPhone, that is: duplicate photos in the phone album.When take a photo, it is downloaded on the iPhone by DJI Fly app but it appears twice in the album of the iPhone.
The first one photo has half size in terms of MByte occupied but same resolution of the second one. The second one (the one with the largest size) have also metadata attached (for example: ISO, shutter, etc...)
I have swiched off the Auto Sync HD photos functions with no resolution of the problem.

I have photo mode set to JPEG only.

Below some details about software used:
    - DJI Mini 2 firmware version: 01.02.0100
    - DJI Fly App version: 1.2.2
    - iOS version: 12.5

Best regards

2021-1-8
Use props
djiuser_bMdhBKs1vYfJ
New
Flight distance : 41762 ft
Belarus

Same issue on iOS 14. I found out that is caused by automatic photo enhancement (yellow magic wand in right bottom), I didn’t press.
2021-1-9
Use props
djiuser_bMdhBKs1vYfJ
New
Flight distance : 41762 ft
United States

Same issue on iOS 14.2. I found out that it caused by automatic photo enhancement (magic wand is yellow in down right corner) on duplicated photos that I didn’t press.

Would be great to have it disabled by default.
2021-1-9
Use props
s.tomaciello
lvl.1
Italy

djiuser_bMdhBKs1vYfJ Posted at 1-9 11:59
Same issue on iOS 14.2. I found out that it caused by automatic photo enhancement (magic wand is yellow in down right corner) on duplicated photos that I didn’t press.

Would be great to have it disabled by default.

Many thanks for your answers. It’a a bit frustrating that at each taken photo you have to check which of two created is the original because of the automatic enhance of the dji fly app.
Is there a way to refer this problem to the @dji_support in order to fix it?

Best regards
2021-1-10
Use props
s.tomaciello
lvl.1
Italy

I contacted DJI support and they explained me in detail how to fix the duplicate photos problem.First of all, Camera Settings will have to be resetted; Camera Settings reset button is in the DJI Fly Settings, under the Camera section.
After that, if problem still remains, you have to clear cache of the camera settings: to do that, go to Profile -> Settings in the Homepage of the DJI Fly app and click on the Clear Cache.

Best Regards
2021-1-11
Use props
stepheninfinite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604268 ft
Australia

In addition to this issue, when images are saved automatically to the iOS photos app, they don't include any metadata if the auto enhance feature is on, and it is on by default, for every single image. Super frustrating... there needs to be a way to preserve the metadata regardless of the state of the auto-enhancing (honestly I sort of like the enhanced photos)... Does anyone have any idea for a workaround?
I'm on iOS 15.0.1, DJI Fly app version 1.5.0(577)
2021-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules