"Camera Failed to Start"
7395 14 2021-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LJinATL
lvl.2
United States

I'm on the fence about returning my OM4 as I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and my experience has been less than optimal.  Based on that, I debated on posting because this probably isn't a problem that is going to affect me for much longer, but maybe this will help others.

I'm getting constant "Camera Failed to Start" messages in Mimo when using the OM4.  I removed the OM4 from my list of Bluetooth devices, deleted and reinstalled the app, but I'm still getting the message.  

Since I reinstalled, the app is showing the default blue box tips that I have to click to clear, including in camera mode.  I can't get through that because the "Camera failed to start" message keeps popping up and taking me back to the home screen after I click OK.  When I go back to the camera to tutorial tips are reset back to their "first time using the app" state, so the cycle repeats.

Thanks.
2021-1-8
Use props
LJinATL
lvl.2
United States

Well, the constant error messages seem to have gone away.  I tried again today and Mimo asked to pair the OM4.  That was unexpected as it was already paired, but the error messages are no longer popping up.
2021-1-10
Use props
djiuser_sneEboyQSbdn
lvl.1
India

dji mimo failed to start several times. restore it by clearing its history
2022-8-17
Use props
Salman Kabir
New

Iraq

Why is the camera failing to start in DJI Osmo Mobile 6 and I am using Iphone 15 pro max? Is there any solution?
1-29 23:28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Salman Kabir Posted at 1-29 23:28
Why is the camera failing to start in DJI Osmo Mobile 6 and I am using Iphone 15 pro max? Is there any solution?

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm the iOS version of your mobile device?
2-1 01:09
Use props
djiuser_LbKy30rDhgOc
lvl.1

Belgium

Hi, I am having the same issue with the OM 6, iPhone15 pro max, iOS 17.3. I was able to use it on install yesterday but I can’t get past the camera not working error (rebooted, camera app closed ect)
2-1 20:59
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_LbKy30rDhgOc Posted at 2-1 20:59
Hi, I am having the same issue with the OM 6, iPhone15 pro max, iOS 17.3. I was able to use it on install yesterday but I can’t get past the camera not working error (rebooted, camera app closed ect)

Thank you for your feedback. Our engineers have already determined the cause of this issue. Upgrading an iPhone to iOS 17 causes a compatibility problem with the Mimo app, resulting in an error message on the app's camera screen. Please rest assured that we are working closely with Apple to find a solution.

In the meantime, you can try restarting DJI Mimo or restarting your phone. Alternatively, you can use the phone's camera app and shoot with an Osmo Mobile gimbal for enhanced stabilization. We appreciate your understanding and continued support.
2-2 00:08
Use props
NYSt8ofMind
lvl.1

United States

Today I purchased the DJI Mobile 6. I’m using an iPhone 15 Pro Max, on IOS 17.2.1. I am also getting the failed camera, I read above the engineers are on it, awesome. I do want to add that the zoom mode does not always zoom. When I turn the zoom wheel it freezes the image, like a screen burn and will not allow me to zoom. Instead the zoom bar on the phone screen skips.
2-7 18:13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

NYSt8ofMind Posted at 2-7 18:13
Today I purchased the DJI Mobile 6. I’m using an iPhone 15 Pro Max, on IOS 17.2.1. I am also getting the failed camera, I read above the engineers are on it, awesome. I do want to add that the zoom mode does not always zoom. When I turn the zoom wheel it freezes the image, like a screen burn and will not allow me to zoom. Instead the zoom bar on the phone screen skips.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please upload a short video showing the issue via Google Drive or YouTube then send the link here so we can check the issue further. We will wait for your response. Thank you for your cooperation.
2-9 02:27
Use props
djiuser_LbKy30rDhgOc
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-2 00:08
Thank you for your feedback. Our engineers have already determined the cause of this issue. Upgrading an iPhone to iOS 17 causes a compatibility problem with the Mimo app, resulting in an error message on the app's camera screen. Please rest assured that we are working closely with Apple to find a solution.

In the meantime, you can try restarting DJI Mimo or restarting your phone. Alternatively, you can use the phone's camera app and shoot with an Osmo Mobile gimbal for enhanced stabilization. We appreciate your understanding and continued support.

Can we receive an ETA on when this issue will be resolved ? If I wanted to use the main camera app of my phone, I wouldn’t have wasted 150 euros on a dji gadget that delivers the same output as any other selfiestick…
2-11 01:57
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_LbKy30rDhgOc Posted at 2-11 01:57
Can we receive an ETA on when this issue will be resolved ? If I wanted to use the main camera app of my phone, I wouldn’t have wasted 150 euros on a dji gadget that delivers the same output as any other selfiestick…

Thank you for sharing your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience. We haven't received an ETA for this phenomenon to be resolved. However, rest assured that we're continuously forwarding relevant feedback regarding this matter to our relevant team for awareness. Furthermore, please be advised that I've sent you a direct message related to this situation for further testing. Kindly check and let us know about the latest progress. Thank you for your understanding.
2-16 00:39
Use props
Antonio77
New

Mexico

djiuser_LbKy30rDhgOc Posted at 2-11 01:57
Can we receive an ETA on when this issue will be resolved ? If I wanted to use the main camera app of my phone, I wouldn’t have wasted 150 euros on a dji gadget that delivers the same output as any other selfiestick…

Totally agree i just bought it yesterday and it just doesn´t work with my iphone 15 pro max. I already know by your replies that it is a software problem but in the meantime i am stuck with a 200 usd stick that doesn´t work.  Tomorrow i will go to the store where i bought it and see if i can return it. Im in Mexico City.
2-19 20:02
Use props
djiuser_LbKy30rDhgOc
lvl.1

Belgium

Issue seems to have been resolved? I am able to use it again, only some minor glitches where the camera seems to freeze when in photo mode (switching to video and back seems to refresh and update though.
2-22 20:22
Use props
Philmar Cabangonay
New

Saudi Arabia

I have the same problem every time I open my camera it says system error restarting camera required. I hope you fixed it
3-5 10:47
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Philmar Cabangonay Posted at 3-5 10:47
I have the same problem every time I open my camera it says system error restarting camera required. I hope you fixed it

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. This issue has been primarily fixed in v1.8.16. Please make sure the DJI Mimo app is updated to v1.8.16 or later and try again. Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
3-5 21:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules