Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Selfie Mirroring
365 5 1-8 09:36
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
papabri48
lvl.2
United States

Is there a way to take selfies where the photo is not a mirror image?
I always looked at the cellphone way of reversing the image as a poor excuse for photography.  When the P2 camera turns 180 degrees to tak a photo of the operator, Why is that photo reversed?
1-8 09:36
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Hi, papabri48. Thanks for reaching out! In Selfied Mode, when the DJI Pocket 2 is used by itself or when it is connected with a mobile phone, the picture displayed by the image transmission is a mirrored display, and the film is a mirrored picture. There are no current options to change the orientation of the selfie photo as of the time being.
1-9 00:12
Use props
papabri48
lvl.2
United States

I know the image is mirrored, buy WHY?

When a camera faces any given direction, the image it sees is not that way.  The P2 is intentionally programmed to mirror the image, so that mode should be available to turn OFF.  If I’m taking a video of myself, I want the background to be the same as if the viewer is there, at arm’s length away, not as some cell phone does it.
1-9 02:24
Use props
fans1e7bea63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396227 ft
United States

The mirrored selfie is just junk! Anytime there are written words in the image - they are backwards and highly distracting. Fix this DJI!
3-24 16:35
Use props
papabri48
lvl.2
United States

fans1e7bea63 Posted at 3-24 16:35
The mirrored selfie is just junk! Anytime there are written words in the image - they are backwards and highly distracting. Fix this DJI!

Agree!  Any camera, facing any direction, takes an image of what is in front of it.  A “selfie” is a creation of old cell phone technology.  With new technology in the Pocket 2, DJI created a flip of the image to unexplainedly recreate this OLD technology of cell phones.  That “feature” SHOULD BE SOMETHING YOU CAN TURM OFF.....OFF!  I don’t want a mirror image if I wish to take a photo of myself!  Fix it! '
3-24 17:10
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
Australia

Using the Mimo app's mirror button you can unmirror the display.  But oddly, this doesn't unmirror what is stored when you take the photo.  I can see why the display is mirrored (you turn the camera in the direction of what is displayed, which is logical) but I can't see any reason why when you've unmirrored the display, it's not stored the way you saw it displayed.  Mildly annoying that you have to use another app to reverse it afterwards, but still, they could improve on it, I would have thought.
3-26 01:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules