Question: Inspire 2 Batteries
942 4 2021-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David J.
First Officer
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

Hey guys--quick question. I've got a GPC case for my I2 that fits 4 sets of batteries, but I've got 5 sets. Is it bad to store a set in the I2 all the time? Would that cause stress on the frame or any other issues?

-David
2021-1-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Although I'm not aware of any accident related to batteries installed on the bird in GPC cases and the cutout suggests such possibility, chances are that the powering button may be pressed by lid's cushioning foam and activate the drone. This will most likely render a catastrophic overheating, therefore the answer is NO. See this video at 2:00 ...

2021-1-10
Use props
David J.
First Officer
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-10 17:10
Although I'm not aware of any accident related to batteries installed on the bird in GPC cases and the cutout suggests such possibility, chances are that the powering button may be pressed by lid's cushioning foam and activate the drone. This will most likely render a catastrophic overheating, therefore the answer is NO. See this video at 2:00 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhoyJ02Jfqc

That’s the clip that got me wondering, although the foam is pretty soft and it would have to be smart enough to press then press and hold the button... Someone somewhere also mentioned stress on the airframe by leaving the batteries in. Do you think that could be legit?
2021-1-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

David J. Posted at 1-10 17:13
That’s the clip that got me wondering, although the foam is pretty soft and it would have to be smart enough to press then press and hold the button... Someone somewhere also mentioned stress on the airframe by leaving the batteries in. Do you think that could be legit?

Well, the main idea behind these cases it to protect your investment against usual abuse during transportation. They will toss this box at the airports recklessly, as you know. I wouldn't recommend dancing with the devil ...
2021-1-10
Use props
David J.
First Officer
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-10 17:25
Well, the main idea behind these cases it to protect your investment against usual abuse during transportation. They will toss this box at the airports recklessly, as you know. I wouldn't recommend dancing with the devil  ...

Haha fair enough. Thanks for the help
2021-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules