Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Trade Up Program is a Scam
10531 11 2021-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseca2802f
lvl.1
United States

I decided to try the DJI Trade Up Program during one of DJI's Black Friday Specials. I also thought it would be less risky because of Covid going on.
I included two DJI Mavic Pro batteries in the package that I sent. It took them over four weeks for them to evaluate my trade-in.
When they evaulated they reduced the quote by nearly 60%. I asked for the Drone back and they sent it back but did not include one of my batteries.
I asked them for the battery but they claimed that they checked the warehouse and didn't see it. They then wanted proof of the missing battery. I can't give proof on something that is missing. I managed to find a buyer for my drone during the month long time that this company spent evaluating my drone.
Also I was told that the trade-up program is managed by a company called Re-Teck, which after doing a search have seen some ads from them pop up on Dronetrader.
Do not trust DJI with your package. Sell it yourself.  

2021-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I am sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with the Trade-Up program, I understand our frustration. Could you please provide the trade-in number to me? I will try to contact the corresponding team and double confirm your case.
Besides, may we know if you saved a picture of the items in the package when you shipped it out for trade-in? If so, please provide it to us. We look forward to hearing back from you.
2021-1-8
Use props
fanseca2802f
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-8 22:17
I am sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with the Trade-Up program, I understand our frustration. Could you please provide the trade-in number to me? I will try to contact the corresponding team and double confirm your case.
Besides, may we know if you saved a picture of the items in the package when you shipped it out for trade-in? If so, please provide it to us. We look forward to hearing back from you.

I pm'd you my case number. I did not take a photo of the items in the package before I shipped it to DJI. According to the instructions on the trade-up website I didn't think that was something that was required. .
2021-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fanseca2802f Posted at 1-8 22:39
I pm'd you my case number. I did not take a photo of the items in the package before I shipped it to DJI. According to the instructions on the trade-up website I didn't think that was something that was required. .

Thank you for providing the reference number, I had forwarded your case to the designated team to help. I hope your case will be sorted out soon.
2021-1-9
Use props
fanseca2802f
lvl.1
United States

This matter is still now resolved. I communicated with a someone from the djitradeincs@litong.com alias. They continue to refuse to help.
Avoid using the Trade-Up program.
2021-1-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fanseca2802f Posted at 1-12 11:43
This matter is still now resolved. I communicated with a someone from the  alias. They continue to refuse to help.
Avoid using the Trade-Up program.

Sorry for that case happened, I'll help to forward the situation to the corresponding team again.
2021-1-12
Use props
fans862ad26a
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-12 22:02
Sorry for that case happened, I'll help to forward the situation to the corresponding team again.

I am having a similar experience. After mailing my drone equipment into the program, it was severely undervalued (declared "faulty" even though it was in perfect condition). I declined the trade in, and the package that they mailed back to me had none of my equipment in it. It was just a used iPhone. The company so far has not been able to resolve. Seems like a scam to me, I am investigating my options.
2021-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans862ad26a Posted at 2-21 06:43
I am having a similar experience. After mailing my drone equipment into the program, it was severely undervalued (declared "faulty" even though it was in perfect condition). I declined the trade in, and the package that they mailed back to me had none of my equipment in it. It was just a used iPhone. The company so far has not been able to resolve. Seems like a scam to me, I am investigating my options.

I am deeply sorry for the delayed reply. Could you please provide the trade-up number to me? I will check with the corresponding team.
2021-2-28
Use props
bstshotcomcast.net
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40207 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently sent in 3 drones. The value of the phantom 4 was quoted to me at $256 before I sent it in. I just got my quote from the trade up program for $56. Claiming the drone was damaged. The drone was never crashed and was in perfect shape.

If anyone who is reading this could help me, In would greatly appreciate it. I already wrote an email to them asking what was damaged. Unless something happened in transit. I packed it the same way it was sent to me.

Please help.
2021-3-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bstshotcomcast.net Posted at 3-30 18:27
I recently sent in 3 drones. The value of the phantom 4 was quoted to me at $256 before I sent it in. I just got my quote from the trade up program for $56. Claiming the drone was damaged. The drone was never crashed and was in perfect shape.

If anyone who is reading this could help me, In would greatly appreciate it. I already wrote an email to them asking what was damaged. Unless something happened in transit. I packed it the same way it was sent to me.

Hi, I am sorry to read about this. Could you please provide the trade-up number to me? I will try to contact the corresponding team and ask for assistance regarding your case.
2021-3-31
Use props
bstshotcomcast.net
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40207 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for responding so quickly. The case number is LTG-NPXTXD46J.

So my two other drones checked out fine and I got my money already.

My Phantom 4 they are claiming that there is water damage and showed me pictures of rust in the battery compartment.

That drone has never been around water at all. NEVER! I take pride in my drones and take very good care of them.

So I'm not sure what they are talking about. The drone flew fine before I sent it in and I did not see any of what they are showing in the pictures. The drone when not being flown was always stored in its case.

Not sure what you can do to help me but I would appreciate anything you can do.
2021-3-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bstshotcomcast.net Posted at 3-31 05:32
Thanks for responding so quickly. The case number is LTG-NPXTXD46J.

So my two other drones checked out fine and I got my money already.

Sorry for the late response. Your case has been escalated to the corresponding team to check and follow up. The team will keep you updated soon.
2021-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules