why are my videos make 3 separate small ones in stead of 1 long one
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ron egan
lvl.2
Canada

my walking videos are stored on multipe vidoes why are they not doing them longer that about 10 min  then it starts another one why not just one long video,
2021-1-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Videos are split to make them more compatible with older devices.
2021-1-9
Use props
Ron egan
lvl.2
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 1-9 01:25
Videos are split to make them more compatible with older devices.

Thanks for the reply i think i need a program to merge videos
2021-1-9
Use props
vstud
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9521 ft

Canada

I think they are doing this in order to avoid errors resulted from files being too large, we still split files when the capacity exceeds 4GB. Maybe will have some updates in future, but for now is what it is
2021-1-9
Use props
Ron egan
lvl.2
Canada

vstud Posted at 1-9 17:19
I think they are doing this in order to avoid errors resulted from files being too large, we still split files when the capacity exceeds 4GB. Maybe will have some updates in future, but for now is what it is

Thanks so much for the info
2021-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ron egan Posted at 1-9 12:47
Thanks for the reply i think i need a program to merge videos

Check out Davinci Resolve its a free editor thats very capable.
2021-1-10
Use props
0Stephan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 451631 ft
United States

Videos can sometimes be split due to software, or file size. Sometimes the purpose is to make file transfer easier after filming, other times it's because the software was made that way. 4GB is a standard video cutoff for a reason.
If you have a windows 10 machine, their built in apps should be capable of stitching together multiple parts of a video. Windows Video Editor is decent, free, and doesn't require you to download anything extra
2021-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ron egan. Thank you for reaching out and for these information. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.
2021-1-12
Use props
Ron egan
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 21:50
Hello there Ron egan. Thank you for reaching out and for these information. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.

Thanks so much for the info thats helps
2021-1-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ron egan Posted at 1-13 22:56
Thanks so much for the info thats helps

Hi there Ron egan. You are very much welcome and if you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. .
2021-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules