Mavic Air 2 - Fly Away
1569 3 2021-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
legaleye3000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73734 ft
United States

Hello - my Mavic Air 2 was on RTH because battery was low. During RTH, battery went critically low and went into forced landing mode. While in forced landing mode, it still let me somewhat maneuver the drone. The drone finally just about came back to me, on the ledge of a mountain, and when I tried to tell it to come straight back to me, it would not. It was kind of in a "limp" mode and I could no longer control it. It slowly went down the side of the mountain and crashed into some tree/bushes and shorly lost signal.

When I called in, the rep created a case (case# CAS-5764913-J8S8D3) and stated that I would be offered a discount or even probably a free replacement if its determined that the behavior at the end of the flight was not typical/correct behavior. If the controller let me just let it fly straight for another 10 seconds, it would have been in my hands; however, the forced landing mode made it impossible.

Either way, I was wondering how long these cases generally take to resolve and inform me of the resolution? All of this just happened today. Love the drone and looking forward to getting back up in the air. (By the way, air logs uploaded and confirmed by rep on the phone). Thank you!
2021-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your drone, your case has been forwarded to our analysts to review the record of the accident, if there is an update on your case, we will have someone contact you via email.
And if you were recording when the accident happened and the video was cached and saved on your mobile device, you can provide it to us, we will note it on your case in case it is needed. Thank you.
2021-1-8
Use props
legaleye3000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73734 ft
United States

Thanks Susan for the quick reply! The video did not cache but the flight log did. Anyway, how long does it take, generally, for me to hear back from DJI about the case? Thanks again.
2021-1-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

legaleye3000 Posted at 1-9 08:56
Thanks Susan for the quick reply! The video did not cache but the flight log did. Anyway, how long does it take, generally, for me to hear back from DJI about the case? Thanks again.

It may take 3-5 business days for the team to review the data and send you the result, thank you for your patience.
2021-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules