Gimbal's jumps
1347 8 2021-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kunzite
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2009432 ft
Poland

Hello. I have this situation: when I set the gimbal angle to 90 degrees and move forward, when the drone brakes, the gimbal jumps to 80 degrees. If I go back, the jump happens immediately. Apparently, the acceleration due to braking causes this gimbal motion. For other gimbal angles, this situation does not occur. However, is this normal?

2021-1-9
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

show a video
2021-1-9
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

The gimbal only moves so far in any direction, you can enable extra movement upwards. When starting or stopping especially the drone quickly tilts to stop or move forward. I t is more extreme in sports mode because of the speed!
2021-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Kunzite. Thanks for reaching out! We'd like to know more about the scenario you're experiencing. If you could kindly upload a sample video, we'd like to check it and confirm it. We strongly advise you to test it also in Sport's Mode. Looking forward to your update.
2021-1-10
Use props
SparkMiniAirPocket1-2Fan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61421 ft
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-10 05:12
Hi, Kunzite. Thanks for reaching out! We'd like to know more about the scenario you're experiencing. If you could kindly upload a sample video, we'd like to check it and confirm it. We strongly advise you to test it also in Sport's Mode. Looking forward to your update.
Same here ....its Not possible to upload a vid, so i made it to YouTube :
https://youtu.be/8bC0hE9DXog
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SparkMiniAirPocket1-2Fan Posted at 1-11 11:11
Same here ....its Not possible to upload a vid, so i made it to YouTube :
https://youtu.be/8bC0hE9DXog

We have checked the video you have posted and confirmed that this is normal. The gimbal limit protection will be triggered when the gimbal reaches its mechanical range limit. If you're taking a video and require you to take shots within the mechanical range limit, it is suggested to reduce the instance of sudden braking and acceleration. It is also recommended to gently pull the sticks gently and keep the relative angle within the limitation angle.
2021-1-11
Use props
SparkMiniAirPocket1-2Fan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61421 ft
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-11 23:57
We have checked the video you have posted and confirmed that this is normal. The gimbal limit protection will be triggered when the gimbal reaches its mechanical range limit. If you're taking a video and require you to take shots within the mechanical range limit, it is suggested to reduce the instance of sudden braking and acceleration. It is also recommended to gently pull the sticks gently and keep the relative angle within the limitation angle.

Thank you very much!
2021-1-12
Use props
Kunzite
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2009432 ft
Poland

Than you. SparkMiniAirPocket1-2Fan's video sjow this problem. Many people from FB dji mini group confirm this problem.  Onlly way - fly sideways or very very very slow (1 m/s)
2021-1-14
Use props
Sponken12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41749 ft
Germany

Hello, i have exact the same issue (see video)

https://youtu.be/-XAv_fyqvbg

so its a feature, not a bug, right? (cant see the video of SparkMiniAirPocket1-2Fan)
2021-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules