123Next >
18969 91 2021-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

I personally see the EU (and by default UK)  new classifications as pretty sensible and pragmatic for the future.

But the mess between the regulators and the manufacturers that means we have gone beyond the 1 Jan 21 and into the transition period without clear guidance to potential purchasers is hard to justify. Where the fault lays I feel neither qualified to comment about or to be perfectly honest really care.

I just know I have funds burning a hole in my pocket to upgrade to a MA2  that I don't plan on spending until I know what will come of something I purchase now on 1 Jan 23. I guess I need a concrete guarantee it will be retrospectively classified or that it will have a sticker on the side when I pull it out of the box or I simply can't justify the cost. That's with me living in the depths of the Scottish Highlands where 95%+ of my use will be in total solitude miles from a house or another person......

Until then my little spark will just have to do.
2021-1-24
Use props
FabLabRUC
lvl.1
Denmark

Convert Posted at 1-24 02:03
I personally see the EU (and by default UK)  new classifications and pretty sensible and pragmatic for the future.

But the mess between the regulators and the manufacturers that means we have gone beyond the 1 Jan 21 and into the transition period without clear guidance to potential purchasers is hard to justify. Where the fault lays I feel neither qualified to comment about or to be perfectly honest really care.

The regional DJI reseller here in Denmark is 98% sure most recent DJI drones will be reclassified either by hardware or software upgrades to the new C class. This will mot likely be done by your local DJI representative.
2021-1-24
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

FabLabRUC Posted at 1-24 09:00
The regional DJI reseller here in Denmark is 98% sure most recent DJI drones will be reclassified either by hardware or software upgrades to the new C class. This will mot likely be done by your local DJI representative.

On the forum, no one from DJI speaks about what to do next, and this bodes badly for the future
2021-1-24
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

vg1 Posted at 1-24 12:04
On the forum, no one from DJI speaks about what to do next, and this bodes badly for the future

Class requirements are documented DJI should at a minimum be able to state a timeline for certification of production line Mavic models that in itself would alleviate some consumer angst.  Retrospective, refit, remanufacture still needs agreed by governmental bodies, EASA seem prepared to move & allow but the CAA are yet to offer comment on this specific process let alone commit it's easier to hide behind a generic 'retrospective certification will not be allowed'; refit/remanufacture is not the same thing.

DJI could answer key questions, 1. When will certification bodies be under contract & 2. Which models will be tested first & when.  Not rocket science but with little competition in the market there is no pressure to commit to a dateline.

So come on DJI get some press releases out & put some clear, unambiguous statements out on classification timing its now 2021 & regs for the EU/UK are in.
2021-1-24
Use props
HitrackAP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 428176 ft
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 1-24 15:36
Class requirements are documented DJI should at a minimum be able to state a timeline for certification of production line Mavic models that in itself would alleviate some consumer angst.  Retrospective, refit, remanufacture still needs agreed by governmental bodies, EASA seem prepared to move & allow but the CAA are yet to offer comment on this specific process let alone commit it's easier to hide behind a generic 'retrospective certification will not be allowed'; refit/remanufacture is not the same thing.

DJI could answer key questions, 1. When will certification bodies be under contract & 2. Which models will be tested first & when.  Not rocket science but with little competition in the market there is no pressure to commit to a dateline.

This is the most sensible post ive seen on the subject.  Ive tried to get an answer from my local DJI dealer and they are in the dark as much as us.
2021-1-25
Use props
HitrackAP
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Interesting...This is from DJI twitter account.

https://twitter.com/DJIEnterpris ... 26205204480/photo/1
2021-1-25
Use props
HitrackAP
lvl.3
United Kingdom

2021-1-25
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

HitrackAP Posted at 1-25 03:51
[view_image]

Alas can & will are very different bed fellows this again offers no indication of what is being done & when.  Its the usual hiding behind a non qualifying statement hence my very specific questions previously posted that will unlikely be answered.  Is it more than a rouse to shift existing stock on the premise it 'can' certified?  Why isnt it certified...
2021-1-25
Use props
Joao Alves
lvl.1
Flight distance : 359826 ft
Portugal

Quote from DJI twitter enterprise January 12

Q: How do I know whether the drones I have in stock will be able to get a CE class identification label retroactively?

Once the standards have been confirmed by the regulatory authorities and the notified bodies are in place, we will inform you which products will be included in retroactive CE class identification labelling
2021-1-28
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Joao Alves Posted at 1-28 06:22
Quote from DJI twitter enterprise January 12

Nothing new in that extract its part of the Enterprise news piece from last year offering little/no detail; dates, process & model information are still not available it is these aspects people want/need answers to, on this forum area specifically regarding the MA2 becoming C1 which allows much more flexibility in use without an A2CofC requirement & legacy status.
2021-1-28
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Good topic!
2021-1-28
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

2021-1-28
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

MySky Posted at 1-9 13:45
It is even more worse.
As i checked the new app for flight restriction zones (Droniq) from the German aviation authorities, i was shocked how heavily the restricted areas have been extended.
The most areas i was usually flying or interested in, it is now even not allowed to fly the Mini 2 nor with the big expensiv license.

More restrictions...
2021-1-28
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

WebParrot Posted at 1-21 10:59
Those rules that you consider stupid and bureaucratic are a result of the need to improve aircraft and public safety.  Setting some reasonable standards that apply to everyone only makes sense as ANY technology or product becomes popular.  Just learn the rules, follow the rules, and if you don't like them, don't play the "game."

2021-1-28
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Poland

Here are the regulations also about certification in the European Union :

DELEGATED REGULATION (EU) 2019/945

DELEGATED REGULATION (EU) 2019/947
2021-1-31
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501952 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

AS this picture shows, quote "There are no drones at the moment which have a CE class label" This must be wrong , my three DJI drones has a CE label. Don't they mean C1 labels ?
2021-1-31
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

spetersen Posted at 1-31 21:36
AS this picture shows, quote "There are no drones at the moment which have a CE class label" This must be wrong , my three DJI drones has a CE label. Don't they mean C1 labels ?

They are talking about both. The CE lable is already on MA2, but not the C1 lable.
2021-1-31
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

spetersen Posted at 1-31 21:36

CE & CE Class labelling are different, DJI currently CE mark drones as approved for sale in the EU but the new regs require CE-C0 to CE-C4 in order the aircraft can be flown in Open categories A1 thru A3 meeting the regulations for each subcategory.

CE class markings will also show the registration number of the testing body & potentially noise output of the aircraft.
2021-2-1
Use props
Michaelpop84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264354 ft
Luxembourg

I just passed A2. It's a joke of an exam. Not even meteorology is really meteorology. It contains rather...let's say some common sense questions which are logic. If one cannot pass this exam by reading 1-2 hours, he shouldn't fly at all, I would say. Ah, and forgot to mention, luckily in my country the A2 exam is totally free.
2021-2-2
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I did also your test, It is a clear and good training/information  and yes the questions of the exam repeats itselfs.
I did it in 3 hours, passed and now I am flying with a Luxembourg licence in the Netherlands.
It's great that your country make it free so that all the people having a drone are able to do the course.
Here in the netherlands they ask money for it.
So go to https://trainingzone.eurocontrol ... p;catalogId=8264768 if you want it free
2021-2-2
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

dji_MODDER Posted at 2-2 00:18
I did also your test, It is a clear and good training/information  and yes the questions of the exam repeats itselfs.
I did it in 3 hours, passed and now I am flying with a Luxembourg licence in the Netherlands.
It's great that your country make it free so that all the people having a drone are able to do the course.

I am a little confused. The link you gave is just for a A1/A3 certification. This is BTW for free in Germany as well
2021-2-2
Use props
EmpieDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741102 ft
Belgium

MySky Posted at 2-2 01:41
I am a little confused. The link you gave is just for a A1/A3 certification. This is BTW for free in Germany as well

https://trainingzone.eurocontrol ... faces-redirect=true
This is the link.
It's also a bit confusing.. They are mentioning A2 courses..  but it's only the examination.  And yess it's only possible if you can travel to Luxemburg. It's (right now) not online....But it's free....
2021-2-2
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

EmpieDrone Posted at 2-2 03:38
https://trainingzone.eurocontrol.int/ilp/pages/login.jsf?faces-redirect=true
This is the link.
It's also a bit confusing.. They are mentioning A2 courses..  but it's only the examination.  And yess it's only possible if you can travel to Luxemburg. It's (right now) not online....But it's free....

700km is quite too far, but might be worth a holiday trip.
In Germany they are currently asking for 300€ to 600€ for a course and exam to get the A2 license.
2021-2-2
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

MySky Posted at 2-2 01:41

O yeah , I am sorry I read it wrong I thought it was the A1/A3 course Michael was talking about.Great that is free in Germany as well
2021-2-2
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 1-24 15:36
Class requirements are documented DJI should at a minimum be able to state a timeline for certification of production line Mavic models that in itself would alleviate some consumer angst.  Retrospective, refit, remanufacture still needs agreed by governmental bodies, EASA seem prepared to move & allow but the CAA are yet to offer comment on this specific process let alone commit it's easier to hide behind a generic 'retrospective certification will not be allowed'; refit/remanufacture is not the same thing.

Still no answers to specific questions can DJI admins offer anything on current status of classification plans, anything new at all?

Even the Enterprise story has gone cold
2021-2-16
Use props
EmpieDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741102 ft
Belgium

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 2-16 13:10
Still no answers to specific questions can DJI admins offer anything on current status of classification plans, anything new at all?

Even the Enterprise story has gone cold

I'm very curious about the CE classification of the new FPV.... AND If...there is going to be a classification at all....
2021-2-17
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

EmpieDrone Posted at 2-17 02:14
I'm very curious about the CE classification of the new FPV.... AND If...there is going to be a classification at all....

Great point but early signs are its not based on current images available.  No idea why the top drone tubers aren't pushing this issue maybe afraid of a fall from the DJI early flyer club or just make enough to replace at each release
2021-2-17
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Poland

Is anything new known about DJI drone certification?
2021-2-25
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

vg1 Posted at 2-25 12:12
Is anything new known about DJI drone certification?

Nothing new on either new releases being badged or on arrangements for refit & badging of recent aircraft.  It might be the very reason DJI are releasing the fpv quad & the much anticipated MP3 hasnt made any appearance yet leak or otherwise.  At the mercy of corporation & slow government processes unfortunately.
2021-2-25
Use props
djiuser_F3tGrIxtfHo0
New
Flight distance : 32116 ft
Netherlands

You can get an A2 CofC (online) in the UK for about € 50. It is valid in the EU as well.

Check the website of Coptrz.
2021-2-28
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A2CoC is cheap in the UK, is completed all online and is pretty easy.  Valid for 5 years costs me less than a cup of coffee per week.
2021-3-1
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Andy Uk Posted at 3-1 01:44
A2CoC is cheap in the UK, is completed all online and is pretty easy.  Valid for 5 years costs me less than a cup of coffee per week.

The OP is about classification not the A2CofC that wouldn't be required if the Air2 had been/was to be classified C1. Any new Air is likely to be so making the A2CofC redundant no matter how cheap it is so unless flying C2 its of little benefit after legacy expires.  The issue is DJI will not offer any dateline for classification starting on production line models let alone recent existing aircraft being sorted.  As usual government departments here & the in the EU are behind the curve trying to catch up but moving like snails.  The next excuse for delay in badging anything will be remote id isnt base lined then itll be the next change.  EASA & CAA did some good work but they also screwed stuff up the 500g legacy clause on subcat A1 being just one element.
2021-3-1
Use props
mairu10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4467290 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

djiuser_F3tGrIxtfHo0 Posted at 2-28 00:23
You can get an A2 CofC (online) in the UK for about € 50. It is valid in the EU as well.

Check the website of Coptrz.

I was told that A2 CofC completed in the UK is not valid in the EU https://help.uavhub.com/is-the-u ... u-or-within-an-easa
2021-3-1
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-6 23:00
"Hi there, according to draft CE rules, the Mavic Air 2 meets the CE requirements. The EU’s new CE rules have not been published yet and details are not finalized, and there are no organizations that can provide the new CE certification or C0 to C3 classification. DJI will make the Mavic Air 2 certified according to the new CE rules immediately after the new CE rules come into effect. Thanks."
2021-3-2
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Poland

DJI may be kind enough to inform people who trusted you when buying drones, what are you going to do next regarding certification in Europe?
2021-3-10
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mairu10 Posted at 3-1 13:02
I was told that A2 CofC completed in the UK is not valid in the EU https://help.uavhub.com/is-the-uk-a2-cofc-valid-within-the-eu-or-within-an-easa

You are correct a the moment EU registrations/certificates in the UK and UK registrations /certificates in the EU are not mutually recognised, adequacy of the standards did not follow through post BREXIT... I'm sure an adequacy deal will be done at some stage but give the current situation it is probably not at the top of the priority list.
2021-3-12
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Germany

So,

Someone, anything?
We are approaching April and still no any information from DJI. Seems that quite backstabbing from their side. Now I'm sure that next time I will use their competitors for smaller amount of money and with better performance drones - Autel EVO seems to be good alternative for that.
2021-3-23
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Poland

The topic of drone certification in Europe for DJI does not exist, it is best seen in this thread. They are not interested in posting any information on this forum.
2021-3-24
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

vg1 Posted at 3-24 11:31
The topic of drone certification in Europe for DJI does not exist, it is best seen in this thread. They are not interested in posting any information on this forum.

Yup seems the bots haven't been given appropriate responses yet. The only comment made was about the Air2 would be made compliant but the 2s is near & still no sign of CE-Cn classification marking only CE so far.
2021-3-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is all so confusing do you honestly think anyone will police it. In the Uk just fly sensibly, or join the BMFA or better buy a mini 2 and to be honest you don’t need to worry

2021-3-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules