18964 91 2021-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-25 23:52
This is all so confusing do you honestly think anyone will police it. In the Uk just fly sensibly, or join the BMFA or better buy a mini 2 and to be honest you don’t need to worry

Who's worried its about clarity from manufacturer and rule makers.  If I wanted a mini 2 I'd buy one i own a mini already along with the Air2 read the thread start to finish. Key questions have been posted no answers provided from DJI.  I like others won't part with more money until classification is being applied its crazy doing so to fall into A3.  Ive said it before the regs were pressed in without suitable certification bodies being sourced, as a world leader you would expect DJI to be banging doors in to get it resolved but focus on US/Asia sales & Enterprise are higher on the list.
2021-3-26
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

Without certification, it is not worth buying anything with the DJI logo.
2021-3-30
Use props
EmpieDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741102 ft
Belgium

vg1 Posted at 3-30 11:22
Without certification, it is not worth buying anything with the DJI logo.

Ok. That’s your opinion. But? One question? What’s the alternative??? Right now not one drone worldwide has a Cx label. I have the feeling that the EU is still not ready for qualification right now. When ? No one has an idea. That’s the problem.  
2021-3-30
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

EmpieDrone Posted at 3-30 11:52
Ok. That’s your opinion. But? One question? What’s the alternative??? Right now not one drone worldwide has a Cx label. I have the feeling that the EU is still not ready for qualification right now. When ? No one has an idea. That’s the problem.

The problem is that rules are in force in this situation (office for certifying drones doesn't exist very likely, it should be opened years ago and/or rules shouldn't be so restrictive for legacy drones under 1kg, these machines will be upgraded in a few years anyway but now they are banned in most places and there are no C labeled drones on market). We've been thrown in this uncomfortable situation by incompetent bureaucrats.
2021-3-31
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Poland

EmpieDrone Posted at 3-30 11:52
Ok. That’s your opinion. But? One question? What’s the alternative??? Right now not one drone worldwide has a Cx label. I have the feeling that the EU is still not ready for qualification right now. When ? No one has an idea. That’s the problem.

The problem is that DJI does not inform you at all if it is doing anything about the certification. Nothing, as if the problem didn't exist. Releases new drones and does not care that users cannot fully legally fly them in the EU e.g. Air 2 (FPV, Air 2S).
2021-4-5
Use props
Concord12
lvl.2
Flight distance : 939265 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vg1 Posted at 4-5 11:22
The problem is that DJI does not inform you at all if it is doing anything about the certification. Nothing, as if the problem didn't exist. Releases new drones and does not care that users cannot fully legally fly them in the EU e.g. Air 2 (FPV, Air 2S).
From DJI on 20th April 21
Do DJI have any plans, to release and categorize the Air 2s for the European market. I want one but I'm not prepared to buy unless its categorized. As I'm sure you are aware, after 1st January 2023 as its a legacy drone, it will be relegated to the A3 category in Europe. As such this means flying far away from people 150 metre from people in an open field, very boring. There are many of us like me all across Europe that want the Air 2s. But its not worth it with out it being Categorized with a C rating as per EASA rules. Some clarification from DJI would help.

Stephen
Thank you for reaching us your concern, it would certainly be a pleasure to help you.

Stephen
Kindly read the information below:

Stephen
For new regulation, base on the aircraft weight to distinguish, Air 2S weight 595g, below 900g, so its satisfy the C1 class standard, but no C1 label on the aircraft.

Stephen
We are working around the clock to ensure that we will be able to have a new drones out with the required CE class identification label as soon as possible. Currently we are awaiting the finalizatio of the of the industry standards needed. They do not exist yet.

Ok I agree C1 category, 1000's of sales awaiting in the EU for this. Thank you for your help
2021-4-22
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Poland

There is not a word about the already released drones, only about the new ones. Unfortunately.
2021-4-29
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Poland

Does anyone have any new information on drone certification in the EU?
2021-7-10
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I haven't heard a word about labeling drones from authorities. So I fly my Air 2 like I used to fly a year ago...
2021-7-10
Use props
djiuser_055m9ETPCra5
New
Flight distance : 166621 ft
Cayman Islands

Has there been any further developments on this issue? I'm pretty new to drones and have been flying the Air2 S for a few months now, Fortunately I spend quite a bit of my time in the Caribbean, but I am quite concerned that my Uk flying will be heavily curtailed after 31.12.2022.
2022-3-26
Use props
Cliff_Allister
lvl.3
Flight distance : 704741 ft
Cyprus

djiuser_055m9ETPCra5 Posted at 3-26 20:36
Has there been any further developments on this issue? I'm pretty new to drones and have been flying the Air2 S for a few months now, Fortunately I spend quite a bit of my time in the Caribbean, but I am quite concerned that my Uk flying will be heavily curtailed after 31.12.2022.

The EU has recently amended the regulation and extended the transition period to 1st of  January 2024.

COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) 2022/425  of 14 March 2022
2022-3-29
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Cliff_Allister Posted at 3-29 12:49
The EU has recently amended the regulation and extended the transition period to 1st of  January 2024.

COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) 2022/425  of 14 March 2022

I wonder if they will continue extending it...
That would be great news!
2022-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules