P3P No Image Transmission Signal
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fotoman.Neil
lvl.1
United States

Howdy!

I realize the P3 series are no longer supported or produced, but there seems to be a very common issue with a "no image tramnsmission signal" error when flying the drone. Basically, there's no video to the ipad from the drone.

So, is there an actual fix for this or is the drone a piece of rubbish now? It still records to the microSD card (photos and video) but you can't see what you're shooting which renders the drone really useless from a videographer and photographer's point of view.

I've re-linked the rc to the ac, formatted card, and a bunch of other ideas that people have thought up, but from what I'm reading it's an overheating issue with the gimbal circuit board on top of the camera. Is there anyone at DJI that can confirm that? Boards are about $150CDN on ebay, but for another few hundred I can get another brand new drone.

any help in resolving this issue without having to buy new pieces would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Neil
2021-1-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Neil, please try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone, and check if the pin cable that connects the aircraft and gimbal is loosened, if the error persists, you can send the drone back to our repair center for further diagnosis and service.
If service is needed, please start an online service request at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2021-1-9
Use props
Fotoman.Neil
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 1-9 19:34
Hi Neil, please try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone, and check if the pin cable that connects the aircraft and gimbal is loosened, if the error persists, you can send the drone back to our repair center for further diagnosis and service.
If service is needed, please start an online service request at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

Hi Susan,

Re-did the firmware and cable is fine, but all comments on DJI forums for this issue put the issue to the board on the gimbal that needs replacing. Something to do with the latest firmware upgrade.
I'd rather not buy a $150-200 (cdn) board  and DJI support have even told people on the forum that they don't have boards in stock to fix the issue.

It sucks because it's a really good drone...

I'll have to keep trying to find a fix at a low cost, or no cost at all would be best in these times.

Ugh.

Neil
2021-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fotoman.Neil Posted at 1-17 15:31
Hi Susan,

Re-did the firmware and cable is fine, but all comments on DJI forums for this issue put the issue to the board on the gimbal that needs replacing. Something to do with the latest firmware upgrade.

Sorry for the delay. We may not suggest self-repair. If needed, please send the drone to us for service.
Thank you for your understanding.
2021-1-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... -on-ph3-pro.133487/

lightbridge firmware PROBLEM (and solution) - firmware version not found by dji assistant tool | DJI Phantom Drone Forum (phantompilots.com)

Good luck

2021-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules