Timelapse videos corrupt on Pixel 5 with OM 4
2673 12 2021-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JasonSchock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31847 ft
United States

After completing a timelapse video with the OM 4 and a Google Pixel 5 phone, when I try to play the video from the Mimo app, or directly from my device, I see an error message that I can't play the video.

Mimo 1.5.4

Screenshot_20210109-132818.png
2021-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JasonSchock. Thanks for reaching out! It may have seem that the file wasn't completely saved or got corrupted. We recommend not to turn off or close the application when recording to avoid file corruption. It is also suggested to update your DJI Mimo and perform another quick test to see if the same result would occur.
2021-1-10
Use props
jvincephoto
lvl.1

United States

I'm having this same issue. The issue is not/was not the file not saving - I never closed the app, turned off the gimbal or let the phone go to sleep. Every single timelapse I have tried has had this same issue pop up.  Anything that does actually save/playback is terrible quality.

Pixel 5 user as well
2021-1-31
Use props
LFTDV
lvl.1
United States

jvincephoto Posted at 1-31 18:08
I'm having this same issue. The issue is not/was not the file not saving - I never closed the app, turned off the gimbal or let the phone go to sleep. Every single timelapse I have tried has had this same issue pop up.  Anything that does actually save/playback is terrible quality.

Pixel 5 user as well

I have the exact same issue on 4XL, tried it on multiple Pixel (two 4 XLs & one pixel 2XL) devices, all had the same issue, I have basically given up on DJI gimbals at this point.
2021-3-8
Use props
djiuser_4XmRpfB5YZSC
New

United States

I'm having the same issue with playback, and timelapses that do save are terrible quality.

Pixel 5 user
2021-5-19
Use props
chrisvomradio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3241519 ft
Germany

Hey everyone, I am faceing the same issues with my Pixel 4a. The hyperlapses are not working at all. All I find are videos with artefacts with the original length of the recording (e.g. 20 minutes)
2021-6-5
Use props
LFTDV
lvl.1
United States

chrisvomradio Posted at 6-5 13:30
Hey everyone, I am faceing the same issues with my Pixel 4a. The hyperlapses are not working at all. All I find are videos with artefacts with the original length of the recording (e.g. 20 minutes)

It's a shame this issue isn't getting more attention, it's seems so common among pixel users, not sure how it even became a compatible device, I'd be inclined to say it was never fully tested.
2021-6-12
Use props
vdp
lvl.1

Germany

Same here with Pixel 4a. This would be ridiculous if it wasn't that annoying. Please DJI this has to be fixed. The motionlapse was one of the main features i bought the gimbal for.
2021-6-18
Use props
Rolant_espejo
New
Peru

Hello everyone, I have problems with Timelapse too, I use Samsung Galaxy S20 (compatible with OM 4) it only allows me to record less than 5 minutes and in longer videos it does not generate the effect or simply does nothing, someone knows if these exist problems also between the different versions of Iphone ?.
2021-6-28
Use props
JackMi
New
Poland

Hi - DJI Mimo and OSMO 4 still non support in Google Pixel 5 ;/ This is the google flagship! I don't mention 4k and 60fps anymore...
2021-8-5
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

I am afraid to say that for all pixel phone users unfortunately the said phone is not compatible with the said app and thus, the said OM4 gimbal.
2021-8-6
Use props
djiuser_k2lYYrSHJOMv
New
United Kingdom

jvincephoto Posted at 1-31 18:08

Pixel 5 user as well

I have the same problem with DJI osmo 3 and pixel 5
2021-9-12
Use props
chrisvomradio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3241519 ft
Germany

LFTDV Posted at 6-12 20:08
It's a shame this issue isn't getting more attention, it's seems so common among pixel users, not sure how it even became a compatible device, I'd be inclined to say it was never fully tested.

I returned it because without these features it's just a gimbal and nothing more than that.
2021-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules