DJI RS 2 w/ Fujifilm X-T3
947 4 2021-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crowley213
lvl.2

Mexico

Hope you don't mind that I, as a newbie to gimbals, ask this as my first question...!

I got myself the RS 2 as my first gimbal and in general I am quite fascinated. Nevertheless I recognize one topic that bothers me a little, maybe you can help me in here.

I use the gimbal with my Fuji X-T3 with the 16-55mm f/2.8 lens.

Using the gimbal with the camera and the Raven Eye transmitter works in regards to Active Track, getting the camera screen on my iPhone and other functions like focus wheel, virtual joystick and so on.

The only thing I cannot get to work is access to / changing the exposure parameters (shutter speed, aperture, ISO) on my iPhone when I am in Video mode on my camera. On the screen of the iPhone it shows for all three parameters N/A and going into the app settings I only see the shooting mode as M with no values of the parameters, again just the N/A.

I finally did the trial also just using the app without Raven Eye and there it is the same, I cannot change my exposure parameters.

So my question: Is this function in general not possible, means a connection issue inbetween the DJI RS 2 and the Fuji X-T3, or is it about a setting in the camera?

When deciding for the RS 2 I checked the camera compatibility chart and there it states clearly that the X-T3 is supported.

Any feedback and help highly welcome!

Herbert

2021-1-9
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi Herbert:

I also have an RS 2 that I use with my XT-3.  Changing exposure parameters would be a terrific.  However, FujiFilm's SDK does not have this functionality.

Don Barar
2021-1-10
Use props
MarkDL
lvl.4
Italy

I also have the same issue with fuji X-T4 the changing of iso, shutter and aperture it doesn't work .... i have tried with different lent but issue still remain.
I hope fuji or DJI in the next firmware update resolve it.

Mark
2021-1-10
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HI Mark:

Not being able to adjust exposure parameters is not a DJI firmware issue.  It is a FujiFilm SDK (software development kit) issue.  If Fuji does not provide the links in their firmware then there is nothing DJI can do.  You efforts are best directed at Fuji to encourage to them to open up their system so other software developers can access there exposure parameters et. al.

The situation was worse a couple of years ago when Fuji did not even provide the links to start/stop record video.  That said, the FujiFilm/RS 2 situation is better than some other camera manufactuers--read some of the stories on this forum.  Some of these cameras do not even provide a video feed to the Ronin app.

Don Barar

2021-1-10
Use props
crowley213
lvl.2

Mexico

Hi Don,

Thank you very much for the feedback and informative information., now I understand.

Hopefully Fujifilm will implement such topics in their SDK in the future, it would make their already great cameras even better.

So let's live without that function for the moment, even it makes the remote control option from the RS 2 a little less effective and helpful.

Herbert
2021-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules