New micro SD - Best formatting type?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhantomRider
lvl.1

Italy

While reading of how fast the new mSD cards are...and their reading/writing speeds... I 'm curious about which formatting system type and allocation would be actually the best for these new fast flash memory supports.

Found one page online where you can actually download an interesting formatting tool, which it states to be more appropriate then regular formatting tool available on the OS (Win/Mac). (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html)

I have few mSD cards so far, all very fast, formatted in different way:

1) The mSD Lexar 16GB 633x HC 1 type (which came with P3P), formatted FAT 32, default allocation size, which mainly I use for Firmware updates and test.

2) Few mSD SanDisk ULTRA Pro 64GB XC 1 type, formatted eX FAT, with allocation size choosed by the specific formatting tool (above).

Did you test different formatting formats/allocation sizes on mSD cards? Any recommendation for 4K recording?

Tried the format option on the Pilot app... but I don't see any change on the mSD, apart from deleting contents...

Cheers!
2015-7-4
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

Interesting, different chunk size to perform a better write on the mSD? should go faster but as little as a bunch of bytes, maybe some KB/s? not enough for pumping 4k writing and remove the artifacts.
2015-7-5
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

I format the cards with the camera itself. Always the best way to do it. Perfect results with shooting 4k.
2015-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules