Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hdrpano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 598458 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Curved Virtual Stick Missions

The following video shows how to implement curved mission code with Virtual Stick in iOS for the Mavic Mini 1 and the Mavic Air 2. I modified the DJI SDK iOS sample 4.14. This sample only uses DJISDK not the UX SDK. I added polygon airtraffic to the MKMapView too.

2021-1-9
Use props
twissmueller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55797 ft
Germany

Great demonstration. Thank you!
2021-1-10
Use props
ryaa
lvl.1
Russia

great video. do you have the app used in the video on github?
2021-1-21
Use props
hdrpano
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Yes the sample is on GitHub but actually private. I am now far away from the video content. I will soon upload a new video. I added dynamic Virtual Stick and compare all missions with DJI Mutable Mission. The DJI Mutable Mission flight path changes curve radius to optimize speed. I do now the same in my dynamic Virtual Stick kernel. I added a photo distance trigger too for Virtual Stick. This is very important for photogrammetry. I will certainly publish standard virtual stick soon on GitHub for open source. I was busy to add a flight-hub APP to import real missions in the sample.
2021-1-21
Use props
hdrpano
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

I have added full speed radius adaptation for my Virtual Stick kernel. The DJI Mutable Mission converts curve radius into speed optimized values. You will see that in my next video.

2021-1-21
Use props
ryaa
lvl.1
Russia

hdrpano Posted at 1-21 10:12
Yes the sample is on GitHub but actually private. I am now far away from the video content. I will soon upload a new video. I added dynamic Virtual Stick and compare all missions with DJI Mutable Mission. The DJI Mutable Mission flight path changes curve radius to optimize speed. I do now the same in my dynamic Virtual Stick kernel. I added a photo distance trigger too for Virtual Stick. This is very important for photogrammetry. I will certainly publish standard virtual stick soon on GitHub for open source. I was busy to add a flight-hub APP to import real missions in the sample.

Great! I'm planning to implement the solution supporting automating flight around a point of interest and taking required photos/videos for Android platform. Based on my research, i also came to the conclusion to use virtual sticks approach for this feature so I think that I will follow your path to enable the solution. Thank you for sharing...
2021-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules