Interesting Findings About Vibrating Wide Angle Lens
915 15 2021-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

So as I was fiddling around with the wide angle lens which I have while waiting for my replacement to be sent to me, I made an interesting finding.... If you ROTATED the wide angle lens 90 degrees, the camera WOULD detect the wide angle lens and not have anymore gimbal problems... but of course this means the lens would not be secured properly and you can't use it in motion...
TLDR - Just email DJI support if your DJI Pocket 2 doesn't give you a message when you put the lens on.

If you have the time, you can watch the video I made about this.

2021-1-10
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Interesting findings indeed !   So the original wide angle lens must have the magnets in the wrong location ?   For curiosity I tried my PGYTECH filters and they were recognised as such and also fortunately didn't appear as wide angle lens attachment .

A question on the wide angle lens though, it looks loose as though it can move about on the gimbal head, I would have thought optically - it needs to be located exactly central ?
2021-1-10
Use props
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Spot on Marauderz.  Great discovery!  I've not used my Wide angle yet but after reading your post I've just tried it.  Fitted correctly, my P2 doesn't recognise it but turn it 90 degrees as per your findings it is then recognised.

So,  what action should I take?    I bought the system direct from DJI.
2021-1-10
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

John Walker Posted at 1-10 06:18
Spot on Marauderz.  I've not used my Wide angle yet but just tried it.  Fitted correctly, my P2 doesn't recognise it but turn it 90 degrees as per your findings it is then recognised.

So,  what action should I take?    I bought the system direct from DJI.

As mentioned.. email support@dji.com is your best bet.  I'm not too sure wheter they can fix this via firmware or not!
2021-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very interesting find.  
2021-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Marauderz. Thank you for sharing these interesting information and this video you have created for the DJI Pocket 2. Kindly please keep us posted and thank you.
2021-1-10
Use props
Jasta ~
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500554 ft
Philippines

same issue i am experiencing.

didn't bother me at all cos mine doesn't shake but no notification when placing wide angle lens or filters if i place them correctly.

but the notification appears when placing them 90 degrees!

WEIRD!
2021-1-10
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

Jasta ~ Posted at 1-10 20:08
same issue i am experiencing.

didn't bother me at all cos mine doesn't shake but no notification when placing wide angle lens or filters if i place them correctly.

If you're about to work with the lens are you're not seeing the problem, good for you. It's an obvious issue that some of us are facing. Hope it doesn't hit you!
2021-1-10
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Did you tried to magnetize wideanglelens a bit more using any magnetizer? If magnets are just too weak on the lens. I would try that.

Like you can magnetize screwdrivers, same way.
Or it is just todays manufacturing quality..
2021-1-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting to see!
2021-1-11
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

Aavalaakso Posted at 1-10 23:50
Did you tried to magnetize wideanglelens a bit more using any magnetizer? If magnets are just too weak on the lens. I would try that.

I don't think that's a proper solution
2021-1-11
Use props
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aavalaakso Posted at 1-10 23:50
Did you tried to magnetize wideanglelens a bit more using any magnetizer? If magnets are just too weak on the lens. I would try that.

I think it's the orientation of the magnets that is wrong.  The North/Souths are in the wrong positions.
I've emailed DJI and waiting for their reply.  I bought my Creator Combo direct.

2021-1-11
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Marauderz Posted at 1-11 00:52
I don't think that's a proper solution

Ofc not. I'm just interested DIY man
2021-1-11
Use props
Tom899
lvl.2
United States

John Walker Posted at 1-11 02:58
I think it's the orientation of the magnets that is wrong.  The North/Souths are in the wrong positions.
I've emailed DJI and waiting for their reply.  I bought my Creator Combo direct.

I think you are correct. Hopefully the magnets are installed wrong on the lens and not the camera.
2021-1-11
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Austria

Do you have a protective glass on the lents?
That could reduce the magnet "power", due to the additional thickness.
2021-1-11
Use props
Marauderz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

Mgozer Posted at 1-11 04:09
Do you have a protective glass on the lents?
That could reduce the magnet "power", due to the additional thickness.

Had this problem before I even installed the lens protector. And as has been pointed out by others,  3rd party lenses seem to be detected properly. For example, I have a Ulanzi wide angle for the Pocket 1 that's detected properly.
2021-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules