Gimbal wheel on control turns drone. Again?
740 8 2021-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Z1GGG7p4i4fo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210535 ft
United Kingdom

Hi people I hope all is well with everyone in the world.
I posted a few months back about my MM every time I use the gimbal wheel on the remote to pan the camera up and down it also turns the drone left or right. Very frustrating when your filming I’ve refreshed firmware even downgraded. And recalibrated the control. It’s fine for a few minutes then it happens again? Am I missing something and is anyone else having the same problem
Many thanks
2021-1-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_Z1GGG7p4i4fo. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. If you haven't tried, we suggest refreshing the firmware of the remote via the DJI Assistant 2 to see if that helps. Should the same problem persists, it is ideal, and recommend returning it back to our Service Center for further testing. You can contact our Customer Support to assist you to open a ticket.
2021-1-10
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Just out of curiosity, are you using the custom controls by any chance.
2021-1-10
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

My take on this: The gimbal control and left stick control plug into the same small interface circuit board. There is probably something intermittent there. It could be that one of the cable connectors is loose in it's socket but that is a long shot.
2021-1-10
Use props
djiuser_Z1GGG7p4i4fo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

mark117h Posted at 1-10 12:20
Just out of curiosity, are you using the custom controls by any chance.

No I’m using mode 2. I’ve tried using different modes but still dose it
2021-1-11
Use props
djiuser_Z1GGG7p4i4fo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 1-10 20:31
My take on this: The gimbal control and left stick control plug into the same small interface circuit board. There is probably something intermittent there. It could be that one of the cable connectors is loose in it's socket but that is a long shot.
[view_image]

It could be because if I use my phone touch screen too move the gimbal up and down it doesn’t turn the drone. Where the gimbal wheel does ?
2021-1-11
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_Z1GGG7p4i4fo Posted at 1-11 04:16
No I’m using mode 2. I’ve tried using different modes but still dose it

I see, just wondered if maybe that could have been the issue, it certainly is a strange one that's for sure, It could be something intermittent like @GaryDoug has said and shown, i cant see it being something in one of the updates as we would have more user's presenting this same issue/problem, so i think we could rule out any of the last few updates, it might just be that it will need to go back to DJI to see what they find wrong with it, it could be something as simple as a bit of solder from the gimbal control touching on the left stick control, i don't know, but i bet DJI would work it out or failing that they might just replace your controller.
2021-1-11
Use props
djiuser_Z1GGG7p4i4fo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

mark117h Posted at 1-11 05:49
I see, just wondered if maybe that could have been the issue, it certainly is a strange one that's for sure, It could be something intermittent like @GaryDoug has said and shown, i cant see it being something in one of the updates as we would have more user's presenting this same issue/problem, so i think we could rule out any of the last few updates, it might just be that it will need to go back to DJI to see what they find wrong with it, it could be something as simple as a bit of solder from the gimbal control touching on the left stick control, i don't know, but i bet DJI would work it out or failing that they might just replace your controller.

Yes after what GaryDoug said. I tried using the touchscreen on my phone too pan the camera gimbal up and down and I had no issues and didn’t turn.  So sounds like controller fault ?
2021-1-11
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Z1GGG7p4i4fo Posted at 1-11 05:59
Yes after what GaryDoug said. I tried using the touchscreen on my phone too pan the camera gimbal up and down and I had no issues and didn’t turn.  So sounds like controller fault ?

Good analysis. You make a good troubleshooter.
2021-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules