New Osmo Action Freezing While Recording
3760 11 2021-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hero Fawkes
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Brand new camera. I have the recommended u3 high speed Sandisk Pro SD card but the camera is freezing quite often. Audio is still being captured but image freezes.  Screen going black and it's also getting stuck upside down too.  Had an awful time getting it to connect to my phone / firmware update etc so i'm not enjoying it at all.  Before i request a return from Amazon, is there any advice out there?  I won't get a refund on the SD card or the macro lens i've bought so i'm pretty fed up right now as you could imagine.  Any tips? Thank you........

2021-1-10
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

question, how is the playback off the camera only. turn on  swipe to right and play a video is it  freezing?
2021-1-10
Use props
Hero Fawkes
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 1-10 09:36
question, how is the playback off the camera only. turn on  swipe to right and play a video is it  freezing?

Hi there,
I noticed videos freezing on the screen during recording.
Viewed the videos on my PC and they are frozen then same, but audio continues.
If you view the frozen videos back on the Osmo, they stop at the point of freezing.
Very annoying.
Thanks for asking...
2021-1-10
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Return the products before the expiration period, for example, if it is a 30-day return with Amazon and when you submit the return, you may have an additional 30 days to get to them.   in the Meantime I take the sdxc card you got, do a full format, a 64GB will take 30 minutes, if you have another card to try I do that.  Freezing is an indication of a slow card,  if it continues then it can be a faulty camera, and like you said why take the chances.
2021-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Hero Fawkes. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you able to post a short sample video footage showing the said issue for us to see and assists you further? Thank you.
2021-1-10
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

If you have gotten that SD card from a good store, and so it likely not being a fake, i would return the camera ASAP too.
It is what it is, and even the best make a error now and then, the way the error maker handle this fact is what set apart the good and the bad.
2021-1-11
Use props
Hero Fawkes
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-10 21:17
Hello there Hero Fawkes. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you able to post a short sample video footage showing the said issue for us to see and assists you further? Thank you.

Hi there,
thanks for the reply.
where can i upload?
says the file format is jpeg or png only etc......
2021-1-11
Use props
Hero Fawkes
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 1-10 11:31
Return the products before the expiration period, for example, if it is a 30-day return with Amazon and when you submit the return, you may have an additional 30 days to get to them.   in the Meantime I take the sdxc card you got, do a full format, a 64GB will take 30 minutes, if you have another card to try I do that.  Freezing is an indication of a slow card,  if it continues then it can be a faulty camera, and like you said why take the chances.

thank you.
i don't have another card, and i'm very reluctant to buy another with the given the situation.
2021-1-11
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Hero Fawkes Posted at 1-11 13:38
thank you.
i don't have another card, and i'm very reluctant to buy another with the given the situation.

not a problem,   If you ever decide on repurchasing,  we'll be here.
2021-1-11
Use props
CyclingTwoVlogger
lvl.3
Israel

If you have 1.10 FW' try to downgrade to 1.9.
I also had a random camera freeze on 1.10.
2021-1-12
Use props
Will Levatino
New

United States

CyclingTwoVlogger Posted at 2021-1-12 02:35
If you have 1.10 FW' try to downgrade to 1.9.
I also had a random camera freeze on 1.10.

Did this work for you? Having the same exact issues
2022-4-11
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

a few things are not mentioned and not tried:

do a full format, try a faster machine. take the card out the camera, use an editor, use the proxy in the editor.
2022-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules