Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why is AirSense disabled in Europe?
12Next >
3476 45 2021-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

So initially we were told that, due to supply chain issues caused by the pandemic, only the US units will be equipped with the AirSense hardware. I even discussed this with DJI support back in April and they said it would be possible to ship your non-AirSense unit back to them to have it retrofitted once the supply issues are sorted out.  The supply issues appear to be fixed and units sold now are equipped with the AirSense hardware. However, DJI made the bizarre decision of disabling this feature if the drone is not flying in the US. What is the reason for that?!

2021-1-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 Would love to know this too.
2021-1-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I agree, Dji needs to have what is available to the US to everyone else. Why are they hell bent on giving the US everything but yet they get so much restrictions from there. We are also customers, who don't get the drones cheaper because some features are disabled.
2021-1-10
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quite honestly, I've not found AirSense to be all that useful.  However, maybe that is due to my particular location.  Here in the US, ADS-B is only required for manned aircraft in certain locations.  In my experience, the planes I would most likely need to be worried about flying low, don't have ADS-B.  And those that do have ADS-B aren't flying low enough to worry about.  So any warnings that pop up via AirSense are just false alarms.  

One of the biggest problems with AirSense is that it doesn't actually provide you with any useful info.  If they wanted to make it useful, it should tell you how high the plane is, how far away from you it is, and how fast it is moving.  Without this info, it really is just a party favor to trick people into thinking it might be useful.
2021-1-10
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

AirSense is based on the ADS-B protocol.  Here is the United States all commercial aircraft are required to have it and according to the FAA over half of all personal, private and small aircraft have be equipped with ADS-B.  Many metropolitan areas require aircraft in the United States to be equipped with ADS-B to enter the AirSpace.  

In Europe only about 80% of commercial aircraft have ADS-B, in addition the mandate for ADS-B for commercial aircraft has been postponed 3 years.  Very few personal, private and small aircraft are equipped with ADS-B and there has been delays on laying out a timetable for mandatory adoption.

The issue of Europe not having ADS-B is two fold.  First, ADS-B is only useful if aircraft have the transponder.  The aircrafts that are actually relevant to drones using ADS-B are personal, private and small aircraft.   Second, the signal frequency used for ADS-B (1090mhz) in Europe is experiencing congestion and further regulatory intervention is need to eliminate non-essential use of the frequency.  Also, DJI is required to get special certification for ADS-B from the European Union regulatory agencies and from each country.  This has created barriers to implementation of ADS-B in Europe.  Here is a link to the SESAR Deployment Manager website for the European Union for more information and future reference.

I live in an area where all aircraft except the Military are required to have ADS-B.  Often there are low flying small aircraft that are just above the 500ft required height or that have received authorization from the FAA to fly below 500ft.  In addition there is helicopter traffic from emergency services, medical flights and other business that fly below the 500ft height limit to clear airspace or to takeoff and land.  I have found ADS-B to be helpful for small aircraft and helicopter as some aircraft have been as low as 250ft and flown in areas where the FAA has given automated clearance to drones using LAANC.  

As KlooGee pointed out there are a lot of irrelevant notification that appear for commercial aircraft near the airport or flying over that are 10,000+ ft.  

As for the Military aircraft, which in my case there are a significant number everyday due to the proximity to 3 Military Airfields, I have very little concern about capabilities of the pilot and durability of the aircraft.  The Military F series fighters, Ospreys and helicopters, primarily BlackHawk variants and Chinooks, are so loud and can be heard miles away that there is ample time clear the area for them.  

2021-1-10
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-10 13:43
AirSense is based on the ADS-B protocol.  Here is the United States all commercial aircraft are required to have it and according to the FAA over half of all personal, private and small aircraft have be equipped with ADS-B.  Many metropolitan areas require aircraft in the United States to be equipped with ADS-B to enter the AirSpace.  

In Europe only about 80% of commercial aircraft have ADS-B, in addition the mandate for ADS-B for commercial aircraft has been postponed 3 years.  Very few personal, private and small aircraft are equipped with ADS-B and there has been delays on laying out a timetable for mandatory adoption.

The argument that not all aircraft are using it doesn't really hold water as the situation is no worse than in the US and anyway is not a reason to block it. As for the frequency being congested, this is just a receiver, it wouldn't add to the congestion so again, not relevant.
The only thing that could make sense is the legal part but DJI mentioned nothing of this type when launching the A2 in Europe.
2021-1-10
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 1-10 13:46
The argument that not all aircraft are using it doesn't really hold water as the situation is no worse than in the US and anyway is not a reason to block it. As for the frequency being congested, this is just a receiver, it wouldn't add to the congestion so again, not relevant.
The only thing that could make sense is the legal part but DJI mentioned nothing of this type when launching the A2 in Europe.

Interesting perspective that congestion is irrelevant .  Errant warning or no warnings at all have plagued the ADS-B system of low powered receivers typically used in consumer drones in Europe.  So much so that SESAR has published numerous articles about the congestion and the detrimental effects it has had on the accuracy and stability of ADS-B for drones.

According to SESAR, certification for ADS-B receivers and the adoption of the technology in drones has been delayed in a large part due to the congestion of 1090mhz frequency which has caused reliability issues with low powered ADS-B receivers.
2021-1-10
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

I meant (and I actually said exactly that) it won't *add* to the congestion, so there would be no harm in having it active. I had an "incident" a couple of months ago flying out in the wild (at least 20km away from any populated areas) where a rescue helicopter came literally out of nowhere flying way lower than my drone was (I was at about 80m). It might have warned me earlier, it might have not. Still would have prefered to have that option. It doesn't mean I'm gonna ignore everything else if I know ADS-B is on.
2021-1-10
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

when my drone somehow (rarely) finds it way so far away that i can barely see it or it is rth from quite a long way away, i only worry about one thing:  other aircraft in the area.  only with the ma2 do i feel better because every single time anything comes even close to where i am flying, it goes off.  don't know about the technical details, don't care; it just works (for me).

i wish ads-b worked in all of my drones.
2021-1-10
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Can you confirm your statement that the hardware is now included? The different units have different model numbers for with, and without. What model numbers have you seen from DJI?
2021-1-10
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

The sensitivity of AirSense is adjustable in DJI Fly, if you are getting alerts for aircraft 10,000+ feet above you and with no chance of a collision, try taping on the AirSense icon and reducing the sensitivity.
2021-1-10
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I live under a landing approach path to a major commercial airport (TPA) and get the messages all the time with the MA2, night or day. They are at least 5k feet high. Sometimes I get them with smaller aircraft that are under 2k feet but that is rare. Bizarre as it seems, I get them also for some military aircraft from nearby Macdill AF base...or the Coast Guard. So far none of the messages have been useful, but I always check when they come in anyway.
2021-1-10
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

bjr981s Posted at 1-10 18:43
Can you confirm your statement that the hardware is now included? The different units have different model numbers for with, and without. What model numbers have you seen from DJI?

Yes, I can confirm that. I now have the model ending in 3W. I tested this by using fakegps on my iPhone. If I set it to the US, AirSense is activated but I obviously can’t fly it like this. This didn’t happen on my previous A2, model number ending in 1N.
2021-1-10
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Ice_2k Posted at 1-10 14:08
I meant (and I actually said exactly that) it won't *add* to the congestion, so there would be no harm in having it active. I had an "incident" a couple of months ago flying out in the wild (at least 20km away from any populated areas) where a rescue helicopter came literally out of nowhere flying way lower than my drone was (I was at about 80m). It might have warned me earlier, it might have not. Still would have prefered to have that option. It doesn't mean I'm gonna ignore everything else if I know ADS-B is on.

I have the same feeling as KlooGee that unfortunately planes I should be worried (smaller aircrafts) are not equiped with ADS-B at the moment. Despite that fact I would like to have Airsence turned on in Europe. I had similar incidents with low flying ultralight airplane and helicopter that catched me unprepared...
2021-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

virtual Posted at 1-11 02:22
I have the same feeling as KlooGee that unfortunately planes I should be worried (smaller aircrafts) are not equiped with ADS-B at the moment. Despite that fact I would like to have Airsence turned on in Europe. I had similar incidents with low flying ultralight airplane and helicopter that catched me unprepared...

It’s extremely easy to find out what’s flying in your area and the need for Airsense is not warranted just now. However its difficult for airplanes to know if drones are flying in an area. So its man craft that need protection and remote ID is by far a better solution whether for casual flying or commercial flying.

Airsense is not needed and not required for drones, if it was going to help and was better than solutions available I’m certain EASA would have insisted on all drones needing it. EASA are tasked with the job of keeping all who fly including drones safe. I’m certain they have this under control.
2021-1-11
Use props
CTT Channel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7843156 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Ice_2k Posted at 1-10 23:19
Yes, I can confirm that. I now have the model ending in 3W. I tested this by using fakegps on my iPhone. If I set it to the US, AirSense is activated but I obviously can’t fly it like this. This didn’t happen on my previous A2, model number ending in 1N.

Thanks for this interesting thread

I didn't know the story about model number ending in 3W.

2021-1-11
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 1-10 21:43
I live under a landing approach path to a major commercial airport (TPA) and get the messages all the time with the MA2, night or day. They are at least 5k feet high. Sometimes I get them with smaller aircraft that are under 2k feet but that is rare. Bizarre as it seems, I get them also for some military aircraft from nearby Macdill AF base...or the Coast Guard. So far none of the messages have been useful, but I always check when they come in anyway.

GaryDoug, I have noticed that almost all military transport planes do have ADS-B.  I am in San Diego where Miramar and Cornado Naval Bases have lots of offensive aircraft.  Fighters, Osprey, BlackHawks/SeaHawks and Chinooks do not have ADS-B or it is not enabled.  
2021-1-11
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 1-10 14:08
I meant (and I actually said exactly that) it won't *add* to the congestion, so there would be no harm in having it active. I had an "incident" a couple of months ago flying out in the wild (at least 20km away from any populated areas) where a rescue helicopter came literally out of nowhere flying way lower than my drone was (I was at about 80m). It might have warned me earlier, it might have not. Still would have prefered to have that option. It doesn't mean I'm gonna ignore everything else if I know ADS-B is on.

Not approving ADS-B for use in Europe also seems counter intuitive to me and foregoing a low cost safety feature due bureaucracy is just illogical.  As a person who has a close call with a manned low flighting aircraft I agree that ADS-B should be rapidly mandated worldwide in both aircraft and a receiver in all new drones.

I understood what you were saying and was trying to provide the SESAR justification, from their website, for not approving it for drones and the reasoning that errors and failures from congestion are one of the largest issue.  I also think the justifications for not allowing AirSense is based on weak arguments.
2021-1-11
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 03:01
It’s extremely easy to find out what’s flying in your area and the need for Airsense is not warranted just now. However its difficult for airplanes to know if drones are flying in an area. So its man craft that need protection and remote ID is by far a better solution whether for casual flying or commercial flying.

Airsense is not needed and not required for drones, if it was going to help and was better than solutions available I’m certain EASA would have insisted on all drones needing it. EASA are tasked with the job of keeping all who fly including drones safe. I’m certain they have this under control.

The FAA nixed the ADS-B transponders in drones under 55kg because drones are to yield to manned aircraft.  In an FAA white paper it focused on saturation of the frequency with errant alerts to pilots that could cause reactions due to alerts which are not relevant.  

I apologize, I thought I saved a link to the paper published at the end of 2019 but for reason cannot find it.  

ADS-B transponders must meet a protocol regulation for signal power which equates to signal distance that is regulated by law.  The paper proposed a new low powered transponder protocol for drones that would be less likely to produce distracting or irrelevant alerts to manned aircraft.

Another argument presented in the white paper was that with a low powered ADS-B transponder pilots of manned aircraft would not have the appropriate amount of time due to the speed of the aircraft to assess the location of the drone and safely avoid the area without a signifiant risk to safety.  The article delved into the rapid deployability of drones in unexpected areas and the increased risk to manned aircraft pilots.  

The census of the authors of the FAA contracted research white paper was that transponders on drones under 55kg posed more danger than the safety it add.
I agree that Remote ID is a more robust solution that produces less errors but it does require a connection to an internet network.
2021-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-11 10:59
The FAA nixed the ADS-B transponders in drones under 55kg because drones are to yield to manned aircraft.  In an FAA white paper it focused on saturation of the frequency with errant alerts to pilots that could cause reactions due to alerts which are not relevant.  

I apologize, I thought I saved a link to the paper published at the end of 2019 but for reason cannot find it.  

I agree, as someone who flies commercially particularly in many cases it makes my life a lot easier, I understand some trepidation from some worried about their information being out there for all and sundry to see. Hopefully FAA and EASA have thought this through and peoples safety is paramount...
2021-1-11
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 12:06
I agree, as someone who flies commercially particularly in many cases it makes my life a lot easier, I understand some trepidation from some worried about their information being out there for all and sundry to see. Hopefully FAA and EASA have thought this through and peoples safety is paramount...
I'm sure there is something issued that references the use of ADS-B frequency in the sub 500ft airspace and plans to use something in the 900mhz range instead of 1000mhz range to avoid frequency congestion.  The document referred to a directive issued to states by an air authority.  If I can find it I'll put the reference details up.

Edit: this page covers my rambling above but it is clear reception devices need to accommodate any change. https://www.pilotaware.com/post/pilotaware-and-adsb-out
2021-1-11
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Ice_2k Posted at 1-10 23:19
Yes, I can confirm that. I now have the model ending in 3W. I tested this by using fakegps on my iPhone. If I set it to the US, AirSense is activated but I obviously can’t fly it like this. This didn’t happen on my previous A2, model number ending in 1N.

Thanks can you confirm where you bought the drone? Which reseller?

Cheers
2021-1-12
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

Airsense is not needed and not required for drones, if it was going to help and was better than solutions available I’m certain EASA would have insisted on all drones needing it. EASA are tasked with the job of keeping all who fly including drones safe. I’m certain they have this under control.

While I don't disagree with you, none of that is a reason for disabling a feature that is already there. The hardware is there, the software is there. They actually did extra work to turn it off in certain countries.
2021-1-12
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

bjr981s Posted at 1-12 01:14
Thanks can you confirm where you bought the drone? Which reseller?

Cheers

I got this one as a replacement from DJI Care Refresh (from Germany)
2021-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 1-12 01:23
While I don't disagree with you, none of that is a reason for disabling a feature that is already there. The hardware is there, the software is there. They actually did extra work to turn it off in certain countries.

Yes thats probably right, but it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever for dji to disable the feature, so i think the answer lies somewhere else, it could well be advice coming from European authorities.
2021-1-12
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 1-12 02:38
Yes thats probably right, but it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever for dji to disable the feature, so i think the answer lies somewhere else, it could well be advice coming from European authorities.

i could understand that if they would say it. Unfortunately all I'm getting from DJI support is "Air Sense is currently available only in North America, we are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused"
2021-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 1-12 03:52
i could understand that if they would say it. Unfortunately all I'm getting from DJI support is "Air Sense is currently available only in North America, we are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused"

I dont think dji are going to mention discussions, nor would I expect them to, we knew before purchase we would not have it. Maybe we will find out more when future craft are released. It was never in djis interest to not make this available so it’s likely others were involved in this. Was it CE compatible was it EASA could it have been some countries not accepting. Most companies wont divulge this kind information, particularly if they are planning on continuing good relationships. I dont think we will ever know, but if the authorities find its warranted then we will see it in future craft.
2021-1-12
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 1-12 04:15
we knew before purchase we would not have it.

I disagree with that. We were told it's just caused by covid and supply shortages and it will be fixed by late summer or autumn. I was even told from DJI support that in late 2020 I would be able to send it back to be retrofitted and I would have to pay 89€ for that (that seems suspiciously similar to the Care Refresh replacement fee so I'm guessing there would have been no "retrofitting" in that plan, but just replacing it with one of the new units). Now they changed their mind for some reason and are actively blocking Air Sense over here.... and to make matters worse, they don't have an explanation for it.
2021-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 1-12 04:20
I disagree with that. We were told it's just caused by covid and supply shortages and it will be fixed by late summer or autumn. I was even told from DJI support that in late 2020 I would be able to send it back to be retrofitted and I would have to pay 89€ for that (that seems suspiciously similar to the Care Refresh replacement fee so I'm guessing there would have been no "retrofitting" in that plan, but just replacing it with one of the new units). Now they changed their mind for some reason and are actively blocking Air Sense over here.... and to make matters worse, they don't have an explanation for it.

So maybe you can let us know how dji are benefiting from not having this on Air2. There is very little logic in what you’re saying. And you say they are ACTIVELY Blocking Airsense , I don’t see this and I never believed Airsense would or could be retrofitted, I read many posts but nothing on djis official website. I think if Airsense was beneficial to the safety of drones or manned aircraft in Europe EASA would have insisted on it being available.

I just find it hard to believe the biggest drone company in the world would opt to omit a safety feature that was already there for no good reason.
2021-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 1-12 04:20
I disagree with that. We were told it's just caused by covid and supply shortages and it will be fixed by late summer or autumn. I was even told from DJI support that in late 2020 I would be able to send it back to be retrofitted and I would have to pay 89€ for that (that seems suspiciously similar to the Care Refresh replacement fee so I'm guessing there would have been no "retrofitting" in that plan, but just replacing it with one of the new units). Now they changed their mind for some reason and are actively blocking Air Sense over here.... and to make matters worse, they don't have an explanation for it.

So maybe you can let us know how dji are benefiting from not having this on Air2. There is very little logic in what you’re saying. And you say they are ACTIVELY Blocking Airsense , I don’t see this and I never believed Airsense would or could be retrofitted, I read many posts but nothing on djis official website. I think if Airsense was beneficial to the safety of drones or manned aircraft in Europe EASA would have insisted on it being available.

I just find it hard to believe the biggest drone company in the world would opt to omit a safety feature that was already there for no good reason.
2021-1-12
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 1-12 04:35

i don't understand which part you don't believe and which part is making very little logic. I also don't understand why you're asking me why DJI is doing this and how are they benefitting from it. Unless you missed it, the title of the topic is "WHY" is Air Sense disabled in Europe so finding out the answer to that question is the literal purpose of this thread. I don't know why they are doing it, I'm just seeing them doing it and I would like to know why.
2021-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 1-12 05:19
i don't understand which part you don't believe and which part is making very little logic. I also don't understand why you're asking me why DJI is doing this and how are they benefitting from it. Unless you missed it, the title of the topic is "WHY" is Air Sense disabled in Europe so finding out the answer to that question is the literal purpose of this thread. I don't know why they are doing it, I'm just seeing them doing it and I would like to know why.

But you clearly said in your last post dji are actively blocking Air Sense, How do you know that they are 'actively blocking" it as opposed EASA or CE or individual countries blocking it.

So you seem to be completely blinkered in saying that dji are totally responsible for blocking it, but that makes very little sense if you cannot show why,  with any reason they would block it.
So your thread is why Airsense is disabled in Europe. So maybe don’t be so closed to others opinions when you don’t have any proof that this is 100% down to dji.

If on the other hand you know that dji alone are responsible for blocking this, then please enlighten us.
2021-1-12
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 1-12 06:41
But you clearly said in your last post dji are actively blocking Air Sense, How do you know that they are 'actively blocking" it as opposed EASA or CE or individual countries blocking it.

So you seem to be completely blinkered in saying that dji are totally responsible for blocking it, but that makes very little sense if you cannot show why,  with any reason they would block it.

i actually have, i probably should have added this to the initial post but I didn't want it to derail the discussion into something else. I tested this by blocking the drone's GPS (covered it with aluminium foil) and using fake gps on my iPhone and setting the fake location in California. As soon as I did that, transmission power went into FCC mode (87dbm for the 1km line in the transmission tab) and Air Sense came alive, i got all the disclaimers about it, i got the menu options active, i have the airsense stuff on the map. Of course, this can't be used in real flight because as soon as the drone acquires GPS it goes back to the Europe settings but it proves that they are turning this feature on or off based on where you're flying.
2021-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 1-12 06:45
i actually have, i probably should have added this to the initial post but I didn't want it to derail the discussion into something else. I tested this by blocking the drone's GPS (covered it with aluminium foil) and using fake gps on my iPhone and setting the fake location in California. As soon as I did that, transmission power went into FCC mode (87dbm for the 1km line in the transmission tab) and Air Sense came alive, i got all the disclaimers about it, i got the menu options active, i have the airsense stuff on the map. Of course, this can't be used in real flight because as soon as the drone acquires GPS it goes back to the Europe settings but it proves that they are turning this feature on or off based on where you're flying.

Yes i accept dji have disarmed Air Sense, But I find it hard to believe they would do this for absolute no gain and ensure they gain a major headache for doing it. So my point is simple, I think that the powers that be were responsible for the blocking of Air sense, for whatever reason I don’t know. I’m not saying its not there, I’m just saying it could be, its not worth the hassel for dji to allow it while authorities may be objecting to it.
2021-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 1-12 06:45
i actually have, i probably should have added this to the initial post but I didn't want it to derail the discussion into something else. I tested this by blocking the drone's GPS (covered it with aluminium foil) and using fake gps on my iPhone and setting the fake location in California. As soon as I did that, transmission power went into FCC mode (87dbm for the 1km line in the transmission tab) and Air Sense came alive, i got all the disclaimers about it, i got the menu options active, i have the airsense stuff on the map. Of course, this can't be used in real flight because as soon as the drone acquires GPS it goes back to the Europe settings but it proves that they are turning this feature on or off based on where you're flying.

Yes i accept dji have disarmed Air Sense, But I find it hard to believe they would do this for absolute no gain and ensure they gain a major headache for doing it. So my point is simple, I think that the powers that be were responsible for the blocking of Air sense, for whatever reason I don’t know. I’m not saying its not there, I’m just saying it could be, its not worth the hassel for dji to allow it while authorities may be objecting to it.
2021-1-12
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Ice_2k Posted at 1-12 01:24
I got this one as a replacement from DJI Care Refresh (from Germany)

Thanks, that is very interesting. So it would be a refurbished drone. It would be interesting to understand its provenance.

Cheers
2021-1-13
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

bjr981s Posted at 1-13 00:34
Thanks, that is very interesting. So it would be a refurbished drone. It would be interesting to understand its provenance.

Cheers

I don’t know if it’s refurbished. If it is, they did an amazing job, it was indistinguishable from a new one. Sealed box, everything looking brand new, stickers all around the drone etc.

However, there was a post a couple of days ago on one of the local fb groups about this and there many people here (Romania) that now have the 3W version.
2021-1-13
Use props
paul.tuffntlworld.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 359478 ft
United Kingdom

Ice_2k Posted at 1-13 00:40
I don’t know if it’s refurbished. If it is, they did an amazing job, it was indistinguishable from a new one. Sealed box, everything looking brand new, stickers all around the drone etc.

However, there was a post a couple of days ago on one of the local fb groups about this and there many people here (Romania) that now have the 3W version.

i have a 3w version as well in the uk this was a brand new replacement from Argos.my first Mavic air 2 was 1N with no air sense options in the fly app.
i used to get the air sense on it in the UK on my current 3w drone but DJI removed the option in a fly app update .
2021-1-13
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

If I want to be sarcastic recent classification fiasco (no labeled drones on market, most older over 250g literally banned) definitively doesn't show that they (EASA) are handling it well.
Not sure if there's working solution for Remote ID (DJI stated that is still developing their RID system while Airsence already works in Fly app) but if operator should have knowledge of airtraffic in area it is not smart to remove this in app functionality. I can't see downside of turned on Airsence in Europe for us.

I got 3W unit (Europe designated) from DJI online store in June last year BTW.
2021-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

virtual Posted at 1-15 05:47
If I want to be sarcastic recent classification fiasco (no labeled drones on market, most older over 250g literally banned) definitively doesn't show that they (EASA) are handling it well.
Not sure if there's working solution for Remote ID (DJI stated that is still developing their RID system while Airsence already works in Fly app) but if operator should have knowledge of airtraffic in area it is not smart to remove this in app functionality. I can't see downside of turned on Airsence in Europe for us.

Remote I’d is already on your drone and literally needs a firmware/software update, its been on all dji drones since 2017.
2021-1-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules