QuickTransfer stopped working
9901 18 2021-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
damon80
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Hi all,

I got my new mini 2 last week, updated the firmware of the aircraft and then configured the quick transfer. All worked ok, transfer was fine and working. Then I turned off the aircraft, later tested it outside, all ok. Then later in the day I tried enabling quick transfer to download the videos and it cannot connect anymore. I tied turning on and off again but no success. I see in the saved wifi networks, the app adds a wifi network with the name of the mini, defined in the fly app. I tried deleting this saved network and then again connect it with the initial procedure (by pressing the button second time) but no success. Contacted DJI support and they say to reinstall completely the app and try again, I done it from app store (ver. 1.2.1) and then tried but it's the same - no success to connect to the wifi.

Later I updated dji fly app to 1.2.2 and tried again to establish connection, deleted the saved network, retried to connect by pressign the button again but no success. My phone is LG G6 with the latest updates.

Any idea what can fix this issue? I can download videos when connected to the remote but it's slower and it's more convinient to use the quick transfer without the need of the remote...
2021-1-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I know if you connect the Wi-Fi manually in the system setting? Please forget Mini 2 WiFi and refer to the steps in the tutorial, see if this works.
2021-1-10
Use props
damon80
lvl.1

Bulgaria

DJI Susan Posted at 1-10 19:48
Hi there, may I know if you connect the Wi-Fi manually in the system setting? Please forget Mini 2 WiFi and refer to the steps in the tutorial, see if this works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFchKVoEBvc&t=1s

Thanks, but I tried that multiple times - deleted the saved wifi and tried what in the video. It does not work either.

Do you know if the mini is always reinitiating the connection and it didn't "saved" something which needs reset?
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

damon80 Posted at 1-11 00:56
Thanks, but I tried that multiple times - deleted the saved wifi and tried what in the video. It does not work either.  

Do you know if the mini is always reinitiating the connection and it didn't "saved" something which needs reset?

Sorry for the delay, please try to forget the WiFi, and restart the phone, reinstall the DJI Fly app and try again, if the issue persists, please provide an operation video to us to check further about the details.
At the same time, if you have a different mobile device, you may try it and see if it is the same. Thank you.
2021-1-14
Use props
nkitanov
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I tested with another device and it's working fine. Also after power off and on the drone there is no issues - it's good with the other device.

However with my phone (LG G6) it's still the same - I tried delete the old connection, removed the fly app, deleted all it's folders and reinstalled - it's the same. Apparently the problem is in the phone but I don't know what... It does not have any issues connecting to other hotspots both on 5 and 2.4 GHz networks.
2021-1-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

nkitanov@gmail.com Posted at 1-14 15:03
I tested with another device and it's working fine. Also after power off and on the drone there is no issues - it's good with the other device.

However with my phone (LG G6) it's still the same - I tried delete the old connection, removed the fly app, deleted all it's folders and reinstalled - it's the same. Apparently the problem is in the phone but I don't know what... It does not have any issues connecting to other hotspots both on 5 and 2.4 GHz networks.

Check to see if your phone has memory room for the files.
2021-1-14
Use props
nkitanov
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Yes, there is enough memory. That should not be a problem. It just does not connect to the mini 2 wifi. I do not rave option in android to purge all wifi settings. And does not want ot do a full reset of course, as everything else is working.
2021-1-15
Use props
tichny
New

Germany

I have a similar issue, but with a OnePlus 6.
2021-1-27
Use props
tichny
New

Germany

It doesn't work with a second OnePlus 6 as well. The symptom is, that there is the connection dialog, but when selected "Join" and the IP address is picked up, the dialogue reappears immediately resulting in a repeated loop of "connection dialogues" appearing and disappearing until an error message occurs. Quick Transfer has never worked on OnePlus 6 (anything else works fine)
2021-1-27
Use props
nkitanov
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I tried to reset the wifi settings which effectively deleted all existing saved wifi connections. It didn't help out. On my Lenovo yoga tablet  it works good - no issues. I will try with my life's G6 but I guess it will be the same.
2021-1-27
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

If that one of the confirmed cell phones that work with the drone? The fast download is not necessary....you can still do a regular download although it will be a bit slower of course. Make sure you have the latest firmware updates for remote controller, drone, etc. The drone will update through Fly Me App in settings. The Fly Me App on Android lags the latest version if you use Play Store. Instead go direct to DU site to download the latest version. By updating all the firmware to the latest versions you will gain some new features as well as big fixes. There have been a couple of updates in just the last couple of weeks.
2021-1-27
Use props
djiuser_UeLu2xhK7M72
lvl.1

Netherlands

It is not an wifi issue. You have to turn bluetooth on for the first connection.

Then it will pop up an screen where you can enable wifi
2021-1-27
Use props
nkitanov
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Phone is working with the remote and app and can download throught the remote. The only issue is that it cannot connect with wifi for fast transfer.

Fro the bluetooth I know, but it's not that - it recognize the drone over the BT and asks to connect, you press the button but it's not succesfull.
2021-1-27
Use props
timridder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29478 ft
Belgium

I have the same problem with my poco X3 NFC  ... it's allways trying to connect, then asks me to move mobile device closer...it never works... I updated everything, wifi and bluetooth are on...
2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_tlHutQBj0ZBC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5755 ft
United Kingdom

I have same problem with Samsung S7. quick transfr works with an iphone but not Android even though my phone is listed as compatible!!

I have raised with DJI and they have not come up with a solution. They just reply with the same advice, none of which solves the probem,
2021-3-2
Use props
Sean2122dd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 743442 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all, I figured this one out for myself. Tap Profile > Settings > QuickTransfer Band > Turn on Fixed 2.4GHz. If that option isn't there then just download the APK from the DJI downloads page.
2021-3-2
Use props
Random Guy 504
New

United States

I thought I would never figure it out but I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it worked for me again after having to still fiddle with the wifi connection. When it was trying to connect to the drones wifi I just tapped the blue button on the drone once and it popped up immediately. I don't know if either is the solid fix but try it out.

1. Uninstall and reinstall the app
2. Try to connect to the drone with the controller and phone
3. Once connected go to albums and hit the quick transfer icon
4. If it doesn't show the drone's wifi try it again
5. Press the quick transfer button once reconnected but this time press the blue button on the drone and it should let you connect to the drone's wifi.

Best of luck
2021-4-11
Use props
fans8b6def13
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I tried that but it was not working. Recently changed the phone to OnePlus Nord and there are no issues - it's working fine. Apparently the problem is only with th LG G6.
2021-4-11
Use props
djiuser_1QfVY1Qc4JmN
lvl.1

United States

This is what worked for me.  Put your iphone in celluar mode prior to joining the dji network and starting the transfer.
2022-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules