Pocket 2 LED flicker during timelapse/motionlapse
696 2 2021-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DadOf6
lvl.2
United States

Hi there,

Anyone else noticed the P2 doesn't like LED lighting if you are timelapsing?  With plain video you can set the anti-flicker which seems to work fine.  No such option for timelapse or motionlapse - the auto is the only option and it is grayed out.  What this means is if you have LED lighting, the screen shows up like it is strobing, and the recording then has light and dark waves that run through it.  It does not matter if you use the Mimo app or the P2 standalone.  It is easier to see when using Mimo however.

I've got a short example - "flicker recording" is what I see on the Mimo app when this happens.  "flicker final timelapse" is the result with the waves.
flicker recording - https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdcrq1 ... 0recording.mov?dl=0

flicker final timelapse - https://www.dropbox.com/s/lr32jz ... 0timelapse.mov?dl=0

Camera settings can be seen on the "flicker recording" video.  I was using manual, but also occurs in auto.  The video was at ISO Auto/400 Max, Shutter 1/160, 1080/30.  Timelapse at 0.5s.  Did not matter if I changed settings.  Tried lower ISO (200), lower shutter (1/30), same issue.  Though the lower shutter seemed to help with the waves in the recording.

I am running latest Mimo and P2 firmware.  This problem has existed since I got the P2 in November.  Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

2021-1-10
Use props
Karlos75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 440827 ft
Czechia

LED dimming via PWM is to blame.
Set the brightness to 100%
2021-1-10
Use props
DadOf6
lvl.2
United States

Karlos75 Posted at 1-10 14:40
LED dimming via PWM is to blame.
Set the brightness to 100%

Dimming of the LED lights themselves?  If so, that's not the case here, and not when I've had the other issues.  The lights are undimmed.  In the samples the lighting is provided by overhead LED panels connected to a standard single-pole switch.
2021-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules