Was the android/Samsung USB issue ever sorted?
412 2 2021-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevek73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 255994 ft
Ireland

I've spent the last hour pouring over these threads after a day spent with my Galaxy S8 trying but failing to connect...ever. Plug into my ipad? Works in seconds (its just a bit too big!) So the mavics fine and the cables fine so...
I've gone through the various tips I'm reading here.
Developer mode on. Usb default configuration...tried em all (transfer files, USB tethering, midi etc) Tried both ports. Tried tebooting every peripheral in every inaginable order...no joy. Turn off phone security...nah. Its clearly a prob with the samsung. Big love if you help me out
2021-1-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There never was an Android issue but Samsung phones can be a little more fiddly to fly with, than other brands.

According to this listing, there are many flyers happy with their S8, so it must be possible.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18

Here are some tips to configure the phone:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/ ... ep-by-step-guide.31
2021-1-10
Use props
stevek73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 255994 ft
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 1-10 16:59
There never was an Android issue but Samsung phones can be a little more fiddly to fly with, than other brands.

Oh yes it definitely does work...i purchased the s8+ because it had a really nice bright screen for daytime flying...got some great work done with it. And i agree it seems a samsung-specific issue, seems tricky to jolt the phone out of full/semi charging mode into data transfer mode.  I will try a phone reset, see if it can finally "see" it. It's remarkable how painless the ipad experience is in comparison though.   Thanks anyway.
2021-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules