Transferring my existing DJI care refresh to a replacement from Amazon
4131 19 2021-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZBk7CTvv49lm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 454465 ft
United States

Hi I recently purchased the DJI Mini 2 from Amazon. I received my order about a week ago on the 5th of January. One  of the motors is loose and rocks back and forth. It don't think it would have an effect on performance but I would hate to see it be an issue in the future. Amazon offers a replacement 30 days after receiving. My main question was is it possible to transfer my existing DJI care to my replacement drone when it is received by me ? I am hoping to just swap the Serial Numbers on the DJI care fresh And replace it with the Serial Numbers from my replacement when I receive it from Amazon.Is this something that can be done?
2021-1-10
Use props
djiuser_ZBk7CTvv49lm
lvl.2
United States

I just found this, Basically sums up my question
BAF34B66-F700-4DDC-9902-33D7BD90F93A.jpeg
6291AF9F-4982-4B50-B5DF-ADC8CE8EFF8F.jpeg
2021-1-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, yes, when you receive the replacement, please send the service agreement, the replacement receipt and the serial number of the replacement drone to our support at djicare@dji.com for further assistance. Thank you.
2021-1-11
Use props
djiuser_ZBk7CTvv49lm
lvl.2
United States

Thank you. And by service agreement what exactly do you mean? Do you mean Amazon’s return policy?
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ZBk7CTvv49lm Posted at 1-11 00:19
Thank you. And by service agreement what exactly do you mean? Do you mean Amazon’s return policy?

When the DJI Care Refresh is activated, you would receive the service agreement about the DJI Care Refresh via email. Besides the service agreement, the serial number of the original drone would also work.
2021-1-11
Use props
djiuser_ZBk7CTvv49lm
lvl.2
United States

2021-1-11
Use props
djiuser_ZBk7CTvv49lm
lvl.2
United States

2021-1-11
Use props
djiuser_ZBk7CTvv49lm
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-11 01:27
When the DJI Care Refresh is activated, you would receive the service agreement about the DJI Care Refresh via email. Besides the service agreement, the serial number of the original drone would also work.
Sounds good I will have a replacement Mini 2 tomorrow. I’m planning on sending an email to djicare@dji.com with the replacement drone serial number, and the replacement drone invoice. Would my Drone or Gimbal S/N serve as proof of my DJI care refresh, with a screen shot of my DJI care information after signing in on the DJI website?
Also planning on sending the service agreement number as well. And would I need to wait to hear back from DJI care before I connect the brand new replacement drone to the controller? I know there is a 48 hour period where after the 48 hours from being the drone and controller being connected, I will be unable to add DJI care to it after that,  but I was curious if in this situation will it not matter? I would just be worried about not getting the DJI care transferred in time. Thanks again for your time, and Sorry for all the questions
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ZBk7CTvv49lm Posted at 1-11 19:58
Sounds good I will have a replacement Mini 2 tomorrow. I’m planning on sending an email to djicare@dji.com with the replacement drone serial number, and the replacement drone invoice. Would my Drone or Gimbal S/N serve as proof of my DJI care refresh, with a screen shot of my DJI care information after signing in on the DJI website?
Also planning on sending the service agreement number as well. And would I need to wait to hear back from DJI care before I connect the brand new replacement drone to the controller? I know there is a 48 hour period where after the 48 hours from being the drone and controller being connected, I will be unable to add DJI care to it after that,  but I was curious if in this situation will it not matter? I would just be worried about not getting the DJI care transferred in time. Thanks again for your time, and Sorry for all the questions

I've managed to get your ticket number, I'll forward it to the corresponding team to follow up, we'll keep you updated via email soon.
2021-1-12
Use props
djiuser_ZBk7CTvv49lm
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-12 00:50
I've managed to get your ticket number, I'll forward it to the corresponding team to follow up, we'll keep you updated via email soon.

OK thank you, I might just buy the care refresh for the replacement drone and then show proof of return for the original one if I can get a refund for my original DJI care refresh instead.
2021-1-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ZBk7CTvv49lm Posted at 1-12 07:32
OK thank you, I might just buy the care refresh for the replacement drone and then show proof of return for the original one if I can get a refund for my original DJI care refresh instead.

You're most welcome. Our team is following up on your ticket and will reply to your email soon.
2021-1-12
Use props
Sam Gladdest
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12940 ft

Sweden

Hi,

I am going through the same situation and was wondering how long did it take to get the care fresh transfered? I have been waiting for almost 10 days and the issue has not been resolved yet.
2021-1-18
Use props
djiuser_ZBk7CTvv49lm
lvl.2
United States

Sam Gladdest Posted at 1-18 09:25
Hi,

I am going through the same situation and was wondering how long did it take to get the care fresh transfered? I have been waiting for almost 10 days and the issue has not been resolved yet.
Hi I was able to get in contact with DJI through email I am just waiting for my package to arrive back to Amazon. DJI told me they need proof of return or a refund. Have you been in contact with DJI support?
2021-1-18
Use props
Sam Gladdest
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12940 ft

Sweden

Thanks for your reply,  yes I have been in contact with them however my case seems to be complicated because my old drone serial number was not entioned correctly on the agreement, I have submitted everything they have asked for and the issue is not resolved yet, My replacement drone is still in the box haven't dared to open it.
2021-1-18
Use props
djiuser_ZBk7CTvv49lm
lvl.2
United States

Sam Gladdest Posted at 1-18 11:11
Thanks for your reply,  yes I have been in contact with them however my case seems to be complicated because my old drone serial number was not entioned correctly on the agreement, I have submitted everything they have asked for and the issue is not resolved yet, My replacement drone is still in the box haven't dared to open it.
No problem, it could have to do with the serial number linked to the returned drone. I would keep trying to contact them through email. And make sure to save proof of you’re original return. When you first got your DJI care you should have received a confirmation and a separate email with a “service agreement number”, which should also be linked to the drone you returned.
2021-1-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sam Gladdest Posted at 1-18 09:25
Hi,

Hi Sam, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. I've managed to get your ticket number via your forum account, our team is following up on your case and will keep you updated via email. Thanks for your patience.
2021-1-18
Use props
trflux
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30308 ft
Luxembourg

I bought  a Mini 3 Pro on Amazon and the DJI Care Refresh on DJI website. After registering DJI Care Refresh, I used the drone for the first time. Then I noticed that all the videos and photos are blurry on the right side. I contacted Amazon and they're sending me a new drone. If I understand the previous posts in this thread well, i can send a mail to djicare@dji.com with the replacement Drone Serial number, service agreement and receipt (says 0.00€) and my DJI Care Refresh will be tansferred to the new drone?
2022-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

trflux Posted at 7-18 11:03
I bought  a Mini 3 Pro on Amazon and the DJI Care Refresh on DJI website. After registering DJI Care Refresh, I used the drone for the first time. Then I noticed that all the videos and photos are blurry on the right side. I contacted Amazon and they're sending me a new drone. If I understand the previous posts in this thread well, i can send a mail to  with the replacement Drone Serial number, service agreement and receipt (says 0.00€) and my DJI Care Refresh will be tansferred to the new drone?

Hi there, yes, you can send an email to djicare@dji.com and our team will help accordingly.
2022-7-18
Use props
Patrick Falls
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50794 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-1-11 00:06
Hi there, yes, when you receive the replacement, please send the service agreement, the replacement receipt and the serial number of the replacement drone to our support at  for further assistance. Thank you.

Hello,

What happens when someone purchases a used drone with DJI care attached, but can no longer get in contact with the original owner for the service agreement? How can we then use the attached DJI care?
2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Patrick Falls Posted at 6-5 10:00
Hello,

What happens when someone purchases a used drone with DJI care attached, but can no longer get in contact with the original owner for the service agreement? How can we then use the attached DJI care?

Hello, there. The DJI Care Refresh service moves with the aircraft, not with the owner, If you purchase the used drone with DJI Care Refresh services, the services will follow with the drone, too. Generally, the DJI Care Refresh can be used normally as well.
2023-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules