o(^-^)o
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

The new DJI FPV Goggles V2
V1 :::::::: V2
Screen Renew Rate: 120 Hz :::::::: Screen Renew Rate: 144 Hz
Communication Frequency: 5.725-5.850 GHz :::::::: 2.400 - 2.4835 GHz*; 5.725-5.850 GHz Only supports 5.8Ghz when used with DJI FPV Air Unit
Low Latency Mode (720p/120fps) High-Quality Mode (720p/60fps) :::::::: Live View Mode: Low-Latency Mode (810p 120fps); High-Quality Mode (810p 60fps)

and DJI FPV Goggles Battery withCapacity: 1800 mAh and 9 V

About 100 dollars more than the v1

DJI v2.png

2021-1-11
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Perhaps other than those that are flying DRL and/or demand a incremental increase in refresh rate/pixels, I don't have a burning desire to upgrade.
2021-1-11
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

Unless Air Unit firmware will be updated to do 810p at 144hz (and higher refresh rate would just mean worse performance on such small sensors) this is a downgrade for any quad other than the upcoming DJI FPV Drone.

One interesting thing I noticed they say goggles accept 3-6s input, but they ship a 2s lipo with them... My theory is nothing changed on that end and both v1 and v2 goggles can safely run on 2-6s.
2021-1-11
Use props
djiuser_4U5qBjDsDHkq
New

Australia

All I want to know is what firmware it has on it, if it's the same firmware, it's nothing new at all. Just marketing hype and integration with their drone.
2021-1-11
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's a "v2" product.  If you look at how DJI has historically used the "v2" designation, as far as I can see, it has always been used for minor updates.  Just as an example, take a look at the original Phantom 4 Pro vs the P4Pv2.  It is only a minor update from OcuSync 1 to OcuSync 2 and updated ESC's.  Otherwise, it is pretty much identical to the original version.  Anybody that was expecting a major update to the FPV Goggles on a "v2" revision was just setting themselves up for disappointment.
2021-1-11
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The link on the store is gone now. It was up for a couple hours and then suddenly they took it down. DJI's webmeister must have gotten premature information . Seemed weird that they'd only post links to the goggles and nothing else though, so looks like it was a mistake. It'll be a while longer.
2021-1-11
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

luciens Posted at 1-11 06:42
The link on the store is gone now. It was up for a couple hours and then suddenly they took it down. DJI's webmeister must have gotten premature information . Seemed weird that they'd only post links to the goggles and nothing else though, so looks like it was a mistake. It'll be a while longer.

The Goggles are still listed, so no mistake
https://store.dji.com/hk-en/product/dji-fpv-goggles-v2

Region Hong Kong English / $ HKD
2021-1-11
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Xviews Posted at 1-11 06:54
The Goggles are still listed, so no mistake
https://store.dji.com/hk-en/product/dji-fpv-goggles-v2

That link just redirects to my local region link (https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fpv-goggles-v2) with the same "Not available in your country/region" message.
2021-1-11
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Croatia

It was only briefly listed in US but has been there in CN and HK stores ever since it appeared. You need to manually select one of those stores and then click the link (or just go and click goggles v2 in the store).
2021-1-11
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Meh. Not particularly exciting, and not of much interest to existing Air Unit owners.

Now...where is the Air Unit V2?

2021-1-11
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Croatia

mc54 Posted at 1-11 07:37
Meh. Not particularly exciting, and not of much interest to existing Air Unit owners.

Now...where is the Air Unit V2?

No signs of it yet in FCC filings so not happening any time soon. They probably wanna give the FPV Drone some kind of advantage for a while at least.
2021-1-11
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 1-11 07:27
It was only briefly listed in US but has been there in CN and HK stores ever since it appeared. You need to manually select one of those stores and then click the link (or just go and click goggles v2 in the store).

Still not there in the US store... Doesn't matter, not buying as I need a Smart Controller first for my other aircraft...
2021-1-11
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

Till DJI won't tell what exacly extra 2.4 band give us, all other things are minor...
144vs120 refresh? might be just better screen firmware with some overdrive option to achive this for marketing :/ really hard to see difference in RL, it's not such milestone as 60>120
safe with 6S, ok that's good one, but again a minor thing
And that 810p... V1 got 1440 × 810resolution... so it's just firmware to use full screen area?

and all this for +100$... let's wait and see

2021-1-11
Use props
Kryml Munsta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 185262 ft
  • >>>
Germany

my guess... 2.4 gHz will be an exclusive feature for DJI FPV Drone
...so nothing worth getting
the only thing i'm looking forward ... new FW updates (for FPV Air Unit)
2021-1-11
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Croatia

We know very well from FCC filings that 2.4 is for DJI FPV Drone and that there is no sign of new Air Units for now. That's probably why DJI is not making a big deal out of Goggle v2 announcement. I don't know why everyone set themselves up for disappointment, it's hard to expect a major update to a product that's already years ahead of any competition. And if you take a look at DJI's other products you will see that they use "v2" for incremental updates - see Phantom 4 v2 for example. It's just an incremental update to support the new drone and it makes no sense to continue selling v1 when it's so similar, just like it doesn't make sense for v1 owners to get v2 unless they are planning to get the drone. Video out via usb-c is already there on v1, we just need the app to make use of it.
2021-1-12
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 1-12 02:33
We know very well from FCC filings that 2.4 is for DJI FPV Drone and that there is no sign of new Air Units for now. That's probably why DJI is not making a big deal out of Goggle v2 announcement. I don't know why everyone set themselves up for disappointment, it's hard to expect a major update to a product that's already years ahead of any competition. And if you take a look at DJI's other products you will see that they use "v2" for incremental updates - see Phantom 4 v2 for example. It's just an incremental update to support the new drone and it makes no sense to continue selling v1 when it's so similar, just like it doesn't make sense for v1 owners to get v2 unless they are planning to get the drone. Video out via usb-c is already there on v1, we just need the app to make use of it.

I'm intrigued by the addition of the 2.4ghz band. There's no mention of what the goggles actually do on 2.4ghz, but if they have a full 2.4ghz video transceiver on board now, maybe Ocysync support is coming for the other aircraft (mavic 2, mavic air 2, etc). And perhaps they'll be the replacement for the now-end-of-life big DJI goggles?
2021-1-12
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

with all the rumors and then this callback release ;) (as for now they again hide it, canel preorders, removed websites ;) full comedy setup
lets wait and see, but 2 things do look interesting - but need confirrmation:
- usb-c video out thru app - at last - we know it's possible in V1 - just give it already for live streams
- support for mini2, air2 drones as occusync2 receiver (so you can see imag direct in googles, got even more sense for this connection app-googles thru usb-c - one request here - don't be a cheap @#$@# DJI and add simple accelerrometers into googles - so we can have a headtracking ability = when You move head with googles, gimbal follows that movement
2021-1-15
Use props
djiuser_uuZROATb1he8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118038 ft
Germany

Hi I am curious if you are able to use the googles for something else like watching a movie or playing games.
2021-3-8
Use props
Dua Lis
New

Lithuania

My headset switched to this stupid mode by itself. I do not have FPV drone. Is there any other way to fix it without sending back to warranty?
2021-4-25
Use props
bon3z
New

United States

I bought the FPV Goggles V2 after reading that they were compatible with my Phantom 4 Pro V2 but after extensive googling, firmware updating and many many link attempts I have had no success. Any methods, links or tips would be greatly appreciated.
2021-5-5
Use props
djiuser_8LEdbpHJKu4o
New

Russia

Hello, please tell me how to get rid of vertical stripes on the screen
2022-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules