Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Swelled Battery
1236 7 2021-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EfeKamil
lvl.1
Turkey

I haven't used my Mavic Air for maybe 5-6 months (That was wrong, I know) and today I decided to charge the batteries update the firmware and so on. And I opened the purse and I saw a really bad thing. A swallowed battery. I had 2 of my 3 batteries in the Fly More Combo bag. They are fine, I guess. I uploaded a photo of the batteries. The other battery was in a so called "LiPo safe bag" and that one swelled. I just don't get it. What should I do? Are my other 2 batteries fine? I am real sad at the moment, I did the wrong thing...

2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there EfeKamil. I am sorry to read and  to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Batteries and thank you for reaching out. Battery swelling is basically caused by to much heat, vast changes in temperature and/or moisture getting into the battery itself. The lifespan and condition of the battery will depend on the totality of how it was used and stored. Hoping for your kind understanding that every electronic product and batteries has a certain warranty period and lifespan. For safety purposes please do not use bloated or bulging batteries when flying or operating your drone so that the drone's performance will not be affected or compromised . Using bloated or bulging batteries might lead to damaging of the aircraft, or worse, damage to property. Again I am sorry and thank you for understanding. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the DJI Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines. Again I am sorry and thank you for understanding.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... idelines%20v1.0.pdf
2021-1-11
Use props
EfeKamil
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-11 03:34
Hello there EfeKamil. I am sorry to read and  to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Batteries and thank you for reaching out. Battery swelling is basically caused by to much heat, vast changes in temperature and/or moisture getting into the battery itself. The lifespan and condition of the battery will depend on the totality of how it was used and stored. Hoping for your kind understanding that every electronic product and batteries has a certain warranty period and lifespan. For safety purposes please do not use bloated or bulging batteries when flying or operating your drone so that the drone's performance will not be affected or compromised . Using bloated or bulging batteries might lead to damaging of the aircraft, or worse, damage to property. Again I am sorry and thank you for understanding. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the DJI Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines. Again I am sorry and thank you for understanding.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic%20Air/Mavic%20Air%20Intelligent%20Flight%20Battery%20Safety%20Guidelines%20v1.0.pdf

Thanks, I will be very careful with my other 2 batteries. I hope this won't happen again. I'll keep them away from the sun. My other 2 batteries seem ok. Right?
2021-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EfeKamil Posted at 1-11 04:06
Thanks, I will be very careful with my other 2 batteries. I hope this won't happen again. I'll keep them away from the sun. My other 2 batteries seem ok. Right?

Put the battery on a flat surface, like a glass table and make sure they dont rock, they will tell you if they have ballooned even a little.  Dont fly with a swollen battery.
2021-1-11
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

By any chance, have you ever run any of your batteries down to zero? They really hate that, and that will for sure kill them.
If I don't plan on flying for more than 6/8 weeks or so, I charge them, and hover them down to 30 percent, then charge them back to full, and let the auto draw down bring them to the storage level.
2021-1-11
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 1-11 12:27
By any chance, have you ever run any of your batteries down to zero? They really hate that, and that will for sure kill them.
If I don't plan on flying for more than 6/8 weeks or so, I charge them, and hover them down to 30 percent, then charge them back to full, and let the auto draw down bring them to the storage level.

All you need to do is be between 50% and 70% battery.  It should auto-discharge down to 60% for storage.
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

EfeKamil Posted at 1-11 04:06

Hi there EfeKamil. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Kindly please try to follow what DAFlys posted on post #4 to see if the said remaining batteries are not swollen and if you have any other concerns or inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2021-1-12
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

i also have just discovered 2 of my 3 mavic 2 zoom batteries swollen to the point that they will not sit in mavic 2 zoom.  I have ordered replacements, but am wondering how do discharge the batteries when you cant use them in the drone to run the battery down ?  Both batteries were purchased Oct18 and have done around 40 flights each, so a little surprised that they are now unusable, especially when you consider the const of a new one.
2021-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules