Mavic Mini Range Issues
3292 6 2021-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeRafferty
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind me asking for some help.

I've never owned a drone before and I'm having some issues with my Mavic Mini. I use an iPhone 11 incase this helps

My issue is I am repeatedly recieving a Weak Signal and I can max get 1200ft (365m) out of my drone distance wise - I then loose signal or get 'Weak Signal' on the app. I've even took the drone down to the beach which there is noone there, no buildings and the weather was calm.  I'm still having the same issue. I also get this when the drone goes past a few hundred feet above me.

Can anyone offer me any tips to get max out of the drone distance and height wise?

Thank you.

Joe

2021-1-11
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Always use manual frequency and channel selection. In urban areas is best to rely in 5.8 GHz channel, in remote areas 2.4. You can try different channels until you find the one that brings you further away.

Get yourself a pair of reflectors and if you really care about the extra hundred meters even a set of Yagi/Yuda antennas which can be combined with the reflectors even. In remote areas I can almost reach 2 Km with a combination of both (piloting from a vantage point, in a 5.8 GHz which I choose to avoid any possible Wi-Fi interference from nearby homesteads).
2021-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When you start getting a weak signal try increasing the altitude.    Also some people like to put their phone in airplane mode to avoid interferece.
2021-1-11
Use props
fans08b5dde5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

1. Disable WiFi on your phone, smartwatch, or any other device you may carry
2. Use 5.8 GHz for urban or 2.4 GHz for rural environment
3. Use manual channel selection
4. Get some Parabolic and/or Yagi extenders

If you follow these tips you should at least double your range.
2021-1-11
Use props
JoeRafferty
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks to everyone for their tips, I'll try them and see how I get on! Thank you!
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Joe. I am sorry for the trouble this ha caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mavic Mini to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post an official DJI tutorial video on DJI Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you.

2021-1-11
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Are you flying the drone directly above you - "when the drone goes past a few hundred feet above me"?

That's not great for signal, you need to get the drone further away from you laterally.

The beach can sometimes have lots of signal interference if there are boats/ships nearby i.e. a harbour etc.
2021-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules