Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GS Pro or Drone Deploy Support for Smart Controller
5635 10 2021-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheNewbie
lvl.1

United States

Hello all,

I am new to the DJI Smart Controller. I just purchased this month the Mavic 2 with Smart Controller and while I am not frustrated yet I honestly do regret at the moment buying the Smart Controller since installing 3rd party apps seems to be not as easy as opening an app to download the compatible applications. Wish DJI would do something about that.

Next up does anyone know if DJI smart controller is compatible with the DJI GS Pro application? I am looking into generating updated site images stitched and also generating a 3D site and I know both DJI GS Pro and Drone Deploy are capable of doing this on a Smart Phone. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
2021-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could try pix4d - Heres an example of it -
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, TheNewbie. Thanks for reaching out! We have not tested out installing Drone Deploy using the DJI Smart Controller but you can try downloading the APK file of that application and install it to the DJI Smart Controller to see if it would work. Please be noted that compatibility between third-party applications isn't guaranteed. On the other hand, we regret to inform you that the DJI GS Pro does not support Android devices currently and this will also apply to the DJI Smart Controller.
2021-1-11
Use props
TheNewbie
lvl.1

United States

Hey! Thanks for the replies. I will give PIX4d a try since Google Play has it on their app store. The application for Drone Deploy isn't available on the Google Play store, unfortunately so that may have to wait until it releases compatibility. That's unfortunate that the DJI GS Pro doesn't work as I was looking into using the services for it rather than using Drone Deploy/PIX4D.  
2021-1-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TheNewbie Posted at 1-12 14:44
Hey! Thanks for the replies. I will give PIX4d a try since Google Play has it on their app store. The application for Drone Deploy isn't available on the Google Play store, unfortunately so that may have to wait until it releases compatibility. That's unfortunate that the DJI GS Pro doesn't work as I was looking into using the services for it rather than using Drone Deploy/PIX4D.

That's unfortunate that the DJI GS Pro doesn't work
GS Pro can't work because there is no Android version.
2021-1-12
Use props
TheNewbie
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know if I can use the DJI Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller to use for the Mavic 2 Pro? I am currently borrowing a Mavic 2 pro standard controller from a friend and am curious if someone in here can share their experience. Anyone from DJI recommends it since I keep borrowing the remote and can't use the Smart Controller for the apps I need for Photogrammetry Mapping.
2021-2-2
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

TheNewbie Posted at 2-2 11:21
Does anyone know if I can use the DJI Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller to use for the Mavic 2 Pro? I am currently borrowing a Mavic 2 pro standard controller from a friend and am curious if someone in here can share their experience. Anyone from DJI recommends it since I keep borrowing the remote and can't use the Smart Controller for the apps I need for Photogrammetry Mapping.

you cannot.
2021-2-2
Use props
TheNewbie
lvl.1

United States

Sigh... Thanks for your insights.
2021-2-2
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

TheNewbie Posted at 2-2 12:32
Sigh... Thanks for your insights.

at least i haven't been able to get mine to work but i really didn't try hard because i have a smart controller and i use it for both the ma2 and the m2z.

if the nice, new, ergo, relatively inexpensive ma2 rc could be used to fly a m2z or m2p, why would there be a need to buy a non-existent, expensive rc1a/rc1b?  i recently purchased a m2 so i have an extra rc (as does everyone) so they're cheap and the market is awash (i might ship mine away and have it modded).  imagine if the m2 rc would fly the m2p/m2z drone.  since i have the sc, i had no need for the brand new rc1b so i have one for sale $200 if you are interested instead of waiting forever for dji to unlikely make it compatible with your m2p
2021-2-2
Use props
Stef.slotter
lvl.1

South Africa

This is actually ridiculous! Why do you people keep creating and selling these excessively expensive devices like the crystal sky and the new smart controller yet they do not even support your main software packages?
Iii have had a crystal sky for years now and still no android version of GS pro has been released.
While the other apps have very limited features.

I'm an Android users I don't own an apple device, If I had known how useless the crystal sky was i could have just bought an iphone instead.

I wanted to replace the bulky cendence remote with the smart controller but with such poor compatibility  what is the point ?
2022-1-10
Use props
djiuser_ysc6J3K39KCo
New

Liberia

Hi Everyone, I had the drone deploy app installed on Mavic 2 pro smart controller but could not function properly. I uninstalled it and later want to reinstall but then it's not working. Can anyone help me out?
2022-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules