repaired, refurbished or new?
1124 6 2021-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UZ7j6PC65cHy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253 ft
United States

I know some people get theirs repaired, Others get a refibished unit and some get a new one.What is the determining factor of these three choices from DJI support?
Now mine is less than 5 weeks old and have a case number and just waiting for the shipping labels.I will be very interested to see how they deal with my claim.
The problem also with getting a refirbished unit to Canada is we have to maintain a history log for 24 months of past repairs on our drones. We wouldn't have that history with a refirbished unit and its the same if you sell your drone in Canada to someone else, the repair history has to be given to the new owner.
An answer to the first part and thoughts on the second part would be appreciated.
2021-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It appears most get a replacement drone which is remanufactured as new,  make sure you keep a note of your serial number.
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I've managed to pull up the case number under your DJI Account here in DJI Forum. Please be advised that it will depend on the result of the diagnosis, and if it is deemed to be unrepairable, or if you are going to use the DJI Care refresh replacement feature. Please note that if we are going to use the DJI Care refresh replacement feature, the product sent by us meets the factory standards and is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability, thank you.
2021-1-11
Use props
djiuser_UZ7j6PC65cHy
lvl.2
United States

If the unit is equivalent to new, It must have a repair history, and that repair history has to be available to Transport Canada by the new owner of that aircraft as per Air regulations 901.48(1b) and (2)
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_UZ7j6PC65cHy Posted at 1-11 10:36
If the unit is equivalent to new, It must have a repair history, and that repair history has to be available to Transport Canada by the new owner of that aircraft as per Air regulations 901.48(1b) and (2)

Thank you for the prompt reply please be advised that if in case we will use the service plan when the result of the diagnosis was released, we use replacement product from DJI Care Refresh specially prepared for you. The replacement product has been professionally tested before leaving the factory and is not used by third party, thank you for understanding.  
2021-1-11
Use props
IMGing Studios
lvl.1
United States

They better not send me a refurbished drone. Mine was only 3 days old. They just need to replace the gimbal. Wasn't my fault they use cheap and thin plastic.
2021-1-13
Use props
djiuser_UZ7j6PC65cHy
lvl.2
United States

IMGing Studios Posted at 1-13 06:36
They better not send me a refurbished drone. Mine was only 3 days old. They just need to replace the gimbal. Wasn't my fault they use cheap and thin plastic.

if you didn't get it through DJI, you could just return to the store you bought it from being only three days old?
2021-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules