Controller relinking to drone
1935 4 2021-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DH88 Comet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi everyone. I don't know if anyone can help, but I'm experiencing a problem with the controller/drone link. Obviously due to Covid19 I haven't flown much, when I did get my Mavic Air out again I found that with the latest version of GoFly I could not connect to the drone. I tried all the methods from button pressing and the QR code but to no avail. Eventually I determined that the controller need relinking to the drone, this I did and all was well. However, when I got it all out again a few days later I had the same problem.

Now, every time I switch everything on I have to relink the controller. Has anyone any ideas what is happening?

Thanks in advance for any help'
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello DH88 Comet, my apologies this has caused you and thank you for reaching us out. Have you tried to update/refresh the firmware for the Mavic Air and its Remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2. Follow the steps below to update/refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2.

1. Download the DJI Assistant 2 using these links.
DJI Assistant 2 for Mac: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... or+Mavic+2.0.14.pkg
DJI Assistant 2 for Windows PC: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... or+Mavic+2.0.14.exe
Once it is downloaded, kindly install and run the app.

2. Connect your Aircraft using a USB Cable to the computer.
3. Launch DJI Assistant 2 ensure that your are logged in using your DJI Account and select Mavic Air.
4. Select the latest version and click "Upgrade" if there is a new version or if you are in the latest version select "Refresh" instead to refresh the firmware.
5. Once done, the aircraft will restart automatically.
6. You will need to do the same with the Remote controller.

Once done refreshing or updating the firmware kindly try to link the aircraft and do some test flight.

Please keep us posted to further assist you. Thank you for your understanding and support. Always fly safe!

2021-1-11
Use props
DH88 Comet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-11 14:09
Hello DH88 Comet, my apologies this has caused you and thank you for reaching us out. Have you tried to update/refresh the firmware for the Mavic Air and its Remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2. Follow the steps below to update/refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2.

No, the drone firmware is up to date, but I didn't know about the controller, I will try that and report back
2021-1-11
Use props
DH88 Comet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-11 14:09

Hi DJI Paladin, I have now found the time to update via the DJI Assistant 2. After a couple of false starts it finally came through with a drone update which I duly installed. But when I tried the same with the controller it didn't recognise that anything was connected and just kept showing me how to connect the drone!

That being said when I switched both drone, controller and GoFly4 on, the connection was instant and perfect. I did this several times and each time it was fine. So your fix seems to have worked and I now have a fully working system again.

All I need now is to be allowed out and have somewhere where I can actually fly it given the new CAA regulations!

Thanks again.
2021-1-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DH88 Comet Posted at 1-14 08:59
Hi DJI Paladin, I have now found the time to update via the DJI Assistant 2. After a couple of false starts it finally came through with a drone update which I duly installed. But when I tried the same with the controller it didn't recognise that anything was connected and just kept showing me how to connect the drone!

That being said when I switched both drone, controller and GoFly4 on, the connection was instant and perfect. I did this several times and each time it was fine. So your fix seems to have worked and I now have a fully working system again.

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you already isolate the issue that you had experienced. Please don't hesitate to reach us back if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your continued support!
2021-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules