8278 15 2021-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparkMiniAirPocket1-2Fan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61421 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Hi, is it a known Problem that in Foto Mode - gimbal shows down in 90 dgrs, the gimbal moves by itselfe When flying a few meters?
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi SparkMiniAirPocket1-2Fan, my apologies this has caused you and thank you for reaching us out. Below are some reasons why the gimbal moves by itself.
1. The gimbal is not calibrated.
2. The propellers are not mounted properly, causing the aircraft's body to imbalanced.
3. If the aircraft is flying in a strong wind, the aircraft's body will shake greatly. The gimbal will be interfered with the high wind, which will make it difficult to increase stability.

You can do these troubleshooting steps below.
1. Calibrate the gimbal without the SD Card by going to the DJI Fly app settings > Control > Gimbal Calibration.
2. Reset the Camera settings, DJI Fly App Settings > Camera > Reset Camera Settings.
3. Check whether the flight environment is windy or cold. Avoid using the aircraft in these environments.
4. Check whether the aircraft flew in a windy and sandy environment, as debris may easily enter the gimbal in such conditions. Try blowing on the gimbal to clean it, and then calibrate it again.

If the issue persist, kindly contact our support https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Proper resolution will be provided. Thank you for your understanding and support. Always fly safe!.
2021-1-11
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-11 13:56
Hi SparkMiniAirPocket1-2Fan, my apologies this has caused you and thank you for reaching us out. Below are some reasons why the gimbal moves by itself.
2. The propellers are not mounted properly, causing the aircraft's body to imbalanced.

Paladin! Why don't you warn the user that you asked your question in the wrong section?
This is the DJI SPARK section !!!!!
2021-1-11
Use props
SparkMiniAirPocket1-2Fan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Oh my god i am soooo sorry ! I clicked Mini2 but the grey Button with Spark discussion didn‘t remove...

2021-1-11
Use props
SparkMiniAirPocket1-2Fan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-11 13:56

The Mini 2 was the First flight pur of the Box . It was not windy i tried it indoor too...and this is just in Foto Mode . Video Works
2021-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SparkMiniAirPocket1-2Fan Posted at 1-11 21:37
The Mini 2 was the First flight pur of the Box . It was not windy i tried it indoor too...and this is just in Foto Mode . Video Works

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Can you please confirm if you still experience the same issue? If yes, please try the troubleshooting steps above and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!
2021-5-31
Use props
Sl55kleemann
lvl.1
France

I have always the same issue, gimball at 90° I make a picture, I move a little at normal or ciné speed and gimball move suddently little less than 90°, I have to reput It at 90° for next picture.
Little wind, calibration ok.
2021-6-1
Use props
Alejandro.sup
lvl.1

Argentina

The same happened to me last weekend. Maybe something wrong in firmware 1.4.2?

2021-6-1
Use props
Sl55kleemann
lvl.1
France

I have this issue before last update 1.4.2
2021-6-2
Use props
itsdavesdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's a well known problem on the mini's, lots of videos on YouTube regarding the issue. It cannot maintain the angle of the gimbal due to the pitch of the drone. Nothing software can fix, it's a design fault. It used to drive me crazy on my mini. You will always find it happens on top downs when you fly and also when you are flying in sport mode and try to have the gimbal angled forwards... the pitch of the drone will make the gimbal drop down while you fly in sport mode. It doesn't happen on my MA2.
2021-6-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

itsdavesdrone Posted at 6-2 14:43
It's a well known problem on the mini's, lots of videos on YouTube regarding the issue. It cannot maintain the angle of the gimbal due to the pitch of the drone. Nothing software can fix, it's a design fault. It used to drive me crazy on my mini. You will always find it happens on top downs when you fly and also when you are flying in sport mode and try to have the gimbal angled forwards... the pitch of the drone will make the gimbal drop down while you fly in sport mode. It doesn't happen on my MA2.

But it doesn't happen in video mode only photo mode so surely that is fixable.
2021-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I made a quick test to show the issue in photo mode but not video mode -

2021-6-28
Use props
djiuser_d42SfJxY4k9E
New

United States

Im having this same issue. Is there a fix? Replacement?
2021-7-19
Use props
djiuser_npiBcRNiQzCF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 259823 ft
Canada

djiuser_d42SfJxY4k9E Posted at 7-19 12:59
Im having this same issue. Is there a fix? Replacement?
I purchased a DJI Mini 2 and flew it for 10 days on Normal mode taking videos and pictures while not having the Gimbal jump issue.  Had all the latest firmware all was fine.  1 day I decided to fly in sport mode, fly fwd and back fast and stop fast as well. Did that for 25min approx. the next day my mini2 started to have the gimbal jump issues. Tried everything to correct it with calibration but it would now jump from very low speed when being at 90 degree it would jump to 80 by itself. I exchanged the drone at Bestbuy and the new one does not have this issue at all. The new one also has the latest firmware. My findings are that if you  stop too fast in sport mode while going reverse or fwd something happens or breaks on the gimbal. I guess there is too much resistance on the gimbal trying to compensate with the level of the drone while going fast.. hope this helps someone.. dont break too hard in sport mode !!!!
2021-8-21
Use props
djiuser_IyroKkzUqhYV
New

United States

I have this same problem too. I'm on the latest firmware and I've recalibrated the gimbal several times. Has anyone found a solution?
2021-9-12
Use props
djiuser_hqUHHgpeYFIt
New

United States

I just experienced this today. Fully updated and calibrated mini 2. Flying sideways slowly while descending slowly simultaneously. Gimbal pitched up abruptly from fully downward position a few times. Sometimes only a few degrees. Once about 20 degrees. All happened within a few minutes. Some on video, some not. It even happened while holding the gimbal wheel forcing downward position. Definitely not impressed!
2022-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules